2022 District Predictions

Cougar14.2

1 hour ago, Austin1985 said:

Imma give it up to Crosby for now.  But I've seen every team on this list play except for Porter and KW Park and I see nothing that scares me.  And word on the street is PAM maybe getting a transfer at the QB position.......

Going to need one, I'm told the Soph QB transferring out. We'll see. 

21 hours ago, Cat22 said:

Does Anahuac have a lot coming back?  Orangefield beat them 46-13 last year. A lot can change in a year though. 

I don't know about their football team but I can guarantee you Anahuac is finally growing. I see new subdivisions popping up just north of town. Spillover from Mont Belvieu I guess. It will take time but I would think their team might improve with some depth slowly coming in.    

Guest mrtomcat
29 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I don't know about their football team but I can guarantee you Anahuac is finally growing. I see new subdivisions popping up just north of town. Spillover from Mont Belvieu I guess. It will take time but I would think their team might improve with some depth slowly coming in.    

Anahuac will be 4aDII in less than 4 years.  I see this program on the rise.

They went 354 to 411 from 2020 to 2022. Currently the 4A cutoff is 545, and likely to rise some more. I think maybe 6 years. That could accelerate if Anahuac itself ever develops some industry or other employers. I say that because Chambers Co. just lost out on the gigantic battery plant that was supposed to be built in Wallisville. Arizona beat us out, somehow:

This is the hidden content, please

5 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

They went 354 to 411 from 2020 to 2022. Currently the 4A cutoff is 545, and likely to rise some more. I think maybe 6 years. That could accelerate if Anahuac itself ever develops some industry or other employers. I say that because Chambers Co. just lost out on the gigantic battery plant that was supposed to be built in Wallisville. Arizona beat us out, somehow:

Also depends on whether or not the UIL adds 7A during that time period.

On 3/7/2022 at 6:30 PM, spidersal said:

For Nederland to make the playoffs they have to find a QB, RB, WR’s, and the OL is going to have to improve a ton

Defensively LB’ers and secondary will have to come through

I certainly hopes this happens

Dang spider, sounds like they need everything but a punter! Lol. 

On 2/6/2022 at 9:20 PM, raideroldtimer said:

District 10-4A-D1

I think the top 3 could flip around although I'm going for Lumberton since there were lot of starting skill players who were underclassmen this past year so they'll be one year better, LCM can always upset things and Vidor will reload but I think both the L's can take them.

1. Lumberton

2. Little Cypress Mauriceville

3. Vidor

4. Huffman Hargrave

5. Livingston

6. Splendora

Lmbo, your bias is showing.  There’s a reason those two schools start with L - Loser.  😂😂🤣☠️🤣😂😂

1 - Vidor

2 - Ltown

3 - Huffman

4 - LCM

Just funnin, should be a great District battle.

On 3/7/2022 at 6:30 PM, spidersal said:

For Nederland to make the playoffs they have to find a QB, RB, WR’s, and the OL is going to have to improve a ton

Defensively LB’ers and secondary will have to come through

I certainly hopes this happens

According to the diehard bulldog supporters they got a new transfer portal QB candidate on campus- 6'5", 205lbs, 315 squat, 205 bench, 4.9 40yd, 3.7 GPA & rocket launcher arm. Also confirmed by Twitter😁 Looks like you are not too confident in the 3 returning starters at WR or the returning starter, 2nd team all district LB? It cant be that bad at the dawg house?

On 3/6/2022 at 11:38 AM, Austin1985 said:

Imma give it up to Crosby for now.  But I've seen every team on this list play except for Porter and KW Park and I see nothing that scares me.  And word on the street is PAM maybe getting a transfer at the QB position.......

Crosby is the only team in the district that finished above .500 that also brings back their starting QB. Myles had the best statistical season for any QB in Crosby's history last year, if he improves the way Walter, Cotton and Howard did between their junior and senior years I don't think Crosby will lose any regular season games. Walter, Cotton and Howard went a combined 28-2 during the regular seasons of their senior year.

I think the benefit of having an additional year of practice over the last two seasons will really show this season. Crosby's average margin of victory in district play was 33.3ppg last year and I really don't see that dropping much this year. That long bus ride to PA is going to suck though. 

On 3/11/2022 at 5:09 PM, Hagar said:

Lmbo, your bias is showing.  There’s a reason those two schools start with L - Loser.  😂😂🤣☠️🤣😂😂

1 - Vidor

2 - Ltown

3 - Huffman

4 - LCM

Just funnin, should be a great District battle.

In his interview with Coach Reyes the other day the reporter from Dave Campbell referred to our district as one of the toughest in the state. I thought that was kind of funny considering how everyone was saying it was such a weak district just about 3 years ago.

44 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

12 minutes ago, Cherokee88 said:

Im not sure you can say it was one of the toughest districts in the state when only one team won a playoff game. Maybe it is a little better than initially thought, but definitely not one of the toughest. 

I agree. How do the SETX districts rank class by class? 

At the very least there’s a lot of parody.  And in defense of the playoffs, Vidor was decimated by injuries, and only lost by 5 to a team who lost State by 3.  As hard as it is to believe, it’s quite possible, if not for all the injuries, Vidor could’ve won State.  Admittedly, that’s a lot of ifs & buts, but not out of the realm of possibility (please hold the laughter down, lol).  And LCM’s QB was injured prior to playoffs.

And the District we were pitted against is definitely one of the toughest in the State.  I expect our District to reload.  2022 will be an exciting District race here.

Guest mrtomcat
On 2/7/2022 at 12:00 PM, purpleeagle said:

22 3A-2

Newton

New Waverly 

Kountze

Hemphill

Anderson Shiro

Warren

Trinity

i honestly feel like we will be fighting for a playoff spot this year

45 minutes ago, Cherokee88 said:

Im not sure you can say it was one of the toughest districts in the state when only one team won a playoff game. Maybe it is a little better than initially thought, but definitely not one of the toughest. 

Toughest in state meaning....there is NO clear-cut frontrunner. Teams in the district are evenly matched or very close to evenly matched. There is no one team that year in year out that has an easy path to winning the district championship.