Jump to content

5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.


Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

So now Sterling is getting top 10 votes. Are we all being trolled here or what's going on? Did Vince Young Jr move in over the summer?

After reading the district teams previews what teams besides Crosby & P.A. are that much better then Sterling or Lee that they can't be in the playoff mix this year? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, KF89 said:

After reading the district teams previews what teams besides Crosby & P.A. are that much better then Sterling or Lee that they can't be in the playoff mix this year? 

I think Sterling fans are pretty realistic and realize how far away they really are. They've seen some good Lee teams so they know what good football should look like and they know they're no close to playing it. One thing that jumps out is the "He's in over his head" sentiment that someone posted in this thread earlier. I had a Lee graduate from the Dick Olin era who I really respect, who had a son playing for Coach Toomer, tell me the exact same thing with examples included. You can probably classify Sterling's personnel as "sufficient enough" to make the playoffs in this district though.

As far as the playoffs I think there's only really one spot left up for grabs. Anything can happen but as of now I would give BH the nod with probably a 5-3 district record. I think they beat the three Baytown schools, Porter and La Porte for their five district wins. I think their game with Kingwood Park is a toss-up right now though?

If I was to choose a dark horse in this district it would be La Porte. They have better personnel and now better coaching than the Baytown schools with the hire of Dobie's coach. They're also going to run a style of offense that this district doesn't defend against much. It's year one though, plus their coach got there late so I wouldn't be surprised to see them struggle again at all but I also wouldn't be surprised to see them go 4-4 in district play and back in to the dance on a tie-breaker.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GCM and Sterling have both had horrible coaching for a while. Lee had horrible coaching for more than a decade but now has one of the better head coaches in the district.

Prior to Finn showing up, Lee was 4-45 the previous five years and they have now gone 23-17 the last four years.

They don't have the athletes to play with the big boys, but they get the most of what they do have.

Maybe I am wrong about Sterling. It's just that they have done nothing over the last half decade to make me believe they should be getting top ten in the area votes. They have better pound for pound athletes than Lee for sure and GCM has better than both of them.   Guess we will see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, panamamyers said:

GCM and Sterling have both had horrible coaching for a while. Lee had horrible coaching for more than a decade but now has one of the better head coaches in the district.

Prior to Finn showing up, Lee was 4-45 the previous five years and they have now gone 23-17 the last four years.

They don't have the athletes to play with the big boys, but they get the most of what they do have.

Maybe I am wrong about Sterling. It's just that they have done nothing over the last half decade to make me believe they should be getting top ten in the area votes. They have better pound for pound athletes than Lee for sure and GCM has better than both of them.   Guess we will see.

Valid points & good info. I figured with the last hires Sterling & Lee finally found good coaches to keep them in the playoff hunt more consistently. If these coaching staffs are that inept & in over their heads then I agree any talent that comes thru those schools will get wasted with no playoff runs.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maxpreps preseason 8-5A-D1 previews:

Barbers Hill - 

This is the hidden content, please

Crosby - 

This is the hidden content, please

Port Arthur Memorial - 

This is the hidden content, please

Kingwood Park - 

This is the hidden content, please

La Porte - 

This is the hidden content, please

New Caney Porter - 

This is the hidden content, please

Baytown Lee - 

This is the hidden content, please

Baytown Sterling - 

This is the hidden content, please

Baytown GCM - 

This is the hidden content, please

Maxpreps 8-5A-D1 preseason rankings: 

#6 - Crosby

#28 - PAM

#55 - BH

#57 - Baytown Lee 

#60 - Kingwood Park 

#79 - New Caney Porter 

#91 - Baytown Sterling 

#94 - La Porte 

#108 - GCM 

Average preseason district ranking = 64.2

Average preseason ranking for district 7-5A-D1 = 40.1  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KF89 said:

I see Max Preps has Westerberg still running the show at B.H. Must be getting a consulting fee like Todd Dodge is from png?😎

 

After Abseck went .500 his first year that's probably just BH fans wishing Westerberg was still there. Seriously though, the leash at BH is usually pretty long. However, I'm not sure it's as long for Abseck as it has been for the past two coaches? BH doesn't really have high expectations for their football program but perpetual 3rd and 4th place finishes would probably still fall short of them, especially the next two years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like Crosby has become somewhat of a destination school for the free agents in NE Harris County. It's been requested that I not discuss our transfers in detail on this site anymore which I will oblige. All I'll say now is that West Texas Intermediate ain't the only thing getting exported our of the Permian Basin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

After Abseck went .500 his first year that's probably just BH fans wishing Westerberg was still there. Seriously though, the leash at BH is usually pretty long. However, I'm not sure it's as long for Abseck as it has been for the past two coaches? BH doesn't really have high expectations for their football program but perpetual 3rd and 4th place finishes would probably still fall short of them, especially the next two years. 

I know you are perpetually concerned with all things Barbers Hill, but you simply don't know what you are talking about. I have not heard of one single soul "wishing for Westerberg". Not a single word from anyone. BH has totally moved on from Westerberg. Can you understand it? Why would BH be dissatisfied with Absek anyway? He took a his first year team, knocked off a undefeated Top Ten team, then was within a single play of making the 3rd round. That is an  immediate overachievement compared to his predecessor.  

I get it though, you have resented Absek since his arrival. You try to jab at him by spinning this Absek narrative up. I know the Beaumont guy here took unwarranted, ill informed shots at him too last year but that has cooled off. Why all the Absek hate? I think you are latently worried Absek will succeed more in the not so distant future as BH grows.

If I was you, I would be more concerned your coach might soon leave Crosby in the rear view mirror. Your recruits might start to leave then, too.   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Maxpreps preseason 8-5A-D1 previews:

Barbers Hill - 

This is the hidden content, please

Crosby - 

This is the hidden content, please

Port Arthur Memorial - 

This is the hidden content, please

Kingwood Park - 

This is the hidden content, please

La Porte - 

This is the hidden content, please

New Caney Porter - 

This is the hidden content, please

Baytown Lee - 

This is the hidden content, please

Baytown Sterling - 

This is the hidden content, please

Baytown GCM - 

This is the hidden content, please

Maxpreps 8-5A-D1 preseason rankings: 

#6 - Crosby

#28 - PAM

#55 - BH

#57 - Baytown Lee 

#60 - Kingwood Park 

#79 - New Caney Porter 

#91 - Baytown Sterling 

#94 - La Porte 

#108 - GCM 

Average preseason district ranking = 64.2

Average preseason ranking for district 7-5A-D1 = 40.1  

Those links don't work for me..

These rankings do look a little more like what I would suspect from this district.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

I know you are perpetually concerned with all things Barbers Hill, but you simply don't know what you are talking about. I have not heard of one single soul "wishing for Westerberg". Not a single word from anyone. BH has totally moved on from Westerberg. Can you understand it? Why would BH be dissatisfied with Absek anyway? He took a his first year team, knocked off a undefeated Top Ten team, then was within a single play of making the 3rd round. That is an  immediate overachievement compared to his predecessor.  

I get it though, you have resented Absek since his arrival. You try to jab at him by spinning this Absek narrative up. I know the Beaumont guy here took unwarranted, ill informed shots at him too last year but that has cooled off. Why all the Absek hate? I think you are latently worried Absek will succeed more in the not so distant future as BH grows.

If I was you, I would be more concerned your coach might soon leave Crosby in the rear view mirror. Your recruits might start to leave then, too.   

 

Dude, you barely know anything about your own program. I have dudes sitting in my hallway at work I show your post to that think you're an idiot. I don't resent Abseck and I couldn't care less about the outcome of BH's season. I have several buddies with sons on the team and in the program so for their sake I want them to see their kids having a good time just like I do my sons. 

Backing into the playoffs in 4th place and winning one game isn't more than Westerberg did when he got BH to the third round at Reliant. Abseck went .500 with the most talented team BH has ever had. Now y'all will be back to normal this year and probably a KP loss away from 4th place. Your o-line is suspect, your defense is still bad, your star receiver is out, you don't have plus running backs and you'll be breaking in a new QB on top of that. 

I love that we have Coach P right now but I'm not the least bit worried that if he leaves Crosby's program will take a nose dive. It's been proven from the Flannigan led squad that lost to Dawson in the third round, to the Riordan led squad that lost to Cedar Park in the semis, to the Prieto led squad that lost in the state finals that if you give us a competent guy on the sideline that our kids will produce results. Just the opposite is true in BH though. 

Reagan talks about 7 years for a coach to win a state title. Well, the last 7 years BH has had three different state title winning coaches and only has one district championship, in a year everybody else was down, to show for it.  It's been proven over the last 17 years that the only thing that can stop Crosby from getting into the dance is an inept school board and supt. 

My son turned 3 over the weekend and had his birthday party in south Dallas. My wife graduated from Dallas Skyline and all of her friends and relatives children attend school on that I-20 corridor from Oak Cliff to Duncanville. Her nephew is going to be the starting safety for Duncanville this year. When I tried to explain where Crosby was he cut me off and said, "Oh, we know about Crosby". This is after I ran into Carlos Lynn at Winners BBQ and tried to order two slabs of ribs from him while he was out to lunch with the Cedar Hill coaching staff. When I mentioned I was from Crosby he said, "Oh, y'all got something down there." So whether Prieto leaves or not, which I don't see with his son being in 8th grade, Crosby will be fine. BH on the other hand will still be trying to hire state title winning coaches just so they can beat us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dude, you barely know anything about your own program. I have dudes sitting in my hallway at work I show your post to that think you're an idiot. I don't resent Abseck and I couldn't care less about the outcome of BH's season. I have several buddies with sons on the team and in the program so for their sake I want them to see their kids having a good time just like I do my sons. 

Backing into the playoffs in 4th place and winning one game isn't more than Westerberg did when he got BH to the third round at Reliant. Abseck went .500 with the most talented team BH has ever had. Now y'all will be back to normal this year and probably a KP loss away from 4th place. Your o-line is suspect, your defense is still bad, your star receiver is out, you don't have plus running backs and you'll be breaking in a new QB on top of that. 

I love that we have Coach P right now but I'm not the least bit worried that if he leaves Crosby's program will take a nose dive. It's been proven from the Flannigan led squad that lost to Dawson in the third round, to the Riordan led squad that lost to Cedar Park in the semis, to the Prieto led squad that lost in the state finals that if you give us a competent guy on the sideline that our kids will produce results. Just the opposite is true in BH though. 

Reagan talks about 7 years for a coach to win a state title. Well, the last 7 years BH has had three different state title winning coaches and only has one district championship, in a year everybody else was down, to show for it.  It's been proven over the last 17 years that the only thing that can stop Crosby from getting into the dance is an inept school board and supt. 

My son turned 3 over the weekend and had his birthday party in south Dallas. My wife graduated from Dallas Skyline and all of her friends and relatives children attend school on that I-20 corridor from Oak Cliff to Duncanville. Her nephew is going to be the starting safety for Duncanville this year. When I tried to explain where Crosby was he cut me off and said, "Oh, we know about Crosby". This is after I ran into Carlos Lynn at Winners BBQ and tried to order two slabs of ribs from him while he was out to lunch with the Cedar Hill coaching staff. When I mentioned I was from Crosby he said, "Oh, y'all got something down there." So whether Prieto leaves or not, which I don't see with his son being in 8th grade, Crosby will be fine. BH on the other hand will still be trying to hire state title winning coaches just so they can beat us. 

Wish I could like this more than once!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No one in BH is wishing Westerburg was still around. Abseck may not succeed as much as we all wish he should but its not from a lack of putting in the work.  He puts in the hours and demands the same from his staff. Parents and players cant ask anymore than that. Westerburg on the other hand was a rude self centered jerk who treated all the other coaches and sports like they were beneath him. No one misses that dude at all. He just got butthurt when his plan for Jr to take over at BH was thrown in the trash by the supt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 9:19 PM, kenny powers said:

No one in BH is wishing Westerburg was still around. Abseck may not succeed as much as we all wish he should but its not from a lack of putting in the work.  He puts in the hours and demands the same from his staff. Parents and players cant ask anymore than that. Westerburg on the other hand was a rude self centered jerk who treated all the other coaches and sports like they were beneath him. No one misses that dude at all. He just got butthurt when his plan for Jr to take over at BH was thrown in the trash by the supt. 

Thank you for the verification. Maybe the 400lb bench pressing Crosby guy will finally see the light about how wrong he is. He thinks he knows everything about the inner workings of BH, but the guy is clueless. This is a good example. Its sad a supposedly grown man obsesses over the BH program 24/7 like he does. He's made a complete spectacle of himself. 

Notice he does not take jabs at Lee, Sterling, GCM, KP, LP, or anyone else? It's always hate on Absek and BH, 24/7. He has a sick obsession of wanting BH to fail. Jealousy of the BH community is eating him ALIVE. It is kinda cool to live in his head rent free 24/7 though. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Thank you for the verification. Maybe the 400lb bench pressing Crosby guy will finally see the light about how wrong he is. He thinks he knows everything about the inner workings of BH, but the guy is clueless. This is a good example. Its sad a supposedly grown man obsesses over the BH program 24/7 like he does. He's made a complete spectacle of himself. 

Notice he does not take jabs at Lee, Sterling, GCM, KP, LP, or anyone else? It's always hate on Absek and BH, 24/7. He has a sick obsession of wanting BH to fail. Jealousy of the BH community is eating him ALIVE. It is kinda cool to live in his head rent free 24/7 though. 

 

I don't think people really want TW there, it was a joke in response to KF89's comments. However, the people I show your post to really do think you're an idiot. They say people like you are the ones who give BH a bad name. I've never had a boss from BH but I have had several guys from later 20's to retirement age work for me and NONE of them have ever talked about "the quality of life in BH" as much as you do and these are guys who report/reported to me every work day. There ain't a lot of tech execs. or neurosurgeons living in BH, the people with sense understand that if they're working on the same unit or sitting in the same hall as you then y'all are probably more alike than different.  

I take/took jabs at Carthage, Manvel, Texas High, Huntsville, etc. I saw CE King's receivers' coach in the dollar store the other night and told him "You know we got y'all by 20, right?". Crosby and our rival Dayton used to legendarily go back and forth on here, Lil Tex could fire back with the best of them. That's because he was actually an avid high school football fan though, something you lie about being. The issue with BH, and not even really all BH fans but just you in particular, is that you're too naive on the subject of THSF to actually provide any real football analysis of your program. Your football knowledge is akin to the mother of the first chair in the clarinet section, which might actually be a slight to some of the PNG band moms. I'm not jealous of anything in the BH community because I can guarantee 90% of them ain't clearing it like this Crosby boy is. I'm jealous of the guys on this board that are living up on lakes and shooting dear off their front porch.

Go back and read your post, you never talk about anything football related outside of complaining about results. Every one of your post has to do with something with the administration, life in BH or a poorly supported rebuttal to one of the other posters who know 10X the football you do. I don't need or care to know the inner-workings of BH. What I can do though is walk down the hall or pick up the phone and have all 22 kids named that are currently at practice running with the 1's, along with injury reports and anything else I could think to ask. You can't, otherwise you would've mentioned the big news out of BH camp last week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 11:39 PM, Justafan72 said:

Sounds like inquiring Minds has been informed of the Westerburg trip out the door.Not really surprised !

Goes to show he didn't take the job because he wanted to live in a "great community" like SS thought. He wanted a bigger payday for him and his family before retirement and was setting up Jr. Not to mention his frustration with the supt. coming to him making suggestions on how he should be coaching the team, or kids pulling up with boats at Summer workouts or some of the other buy-in issues he wasn't used to dealing with at Allen. He was just there for the check, not because he actually thought he could turn BH into a winner on the football field.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Thank you for the verification. Maybe the 400lb bench pressing Crosby guy will finally see the light about how wrong he is. He thinks he knows everything about the inner workings of BH, but the guy is clueless. This is a good example. Its sad a supposedly grown man obsesses over the BH program 24/7 like he does. He's made a complete spectacle of himself. 

Notice he does not take jabs at Lee, Sterling, GCM, KP, LP, or anyone else? It's always hate on Absek and BH, 24/7. He has a sick obsession of wanting BH to fail. Jealousy of the BH community is eating him ALIVE. It is kinda cool to live in his head rent free 24/7 though. 

 

400lb bench pressing guy 😂

That idiotic statement will live in infamy!😂

He’s the Mecca of ... 😂

Edited by WOSdrummer99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Has anyone seen Lancaster new uniforms? They look like the Browns imo. 

I think they look pretty good.  They're just falling in line with the rest of the schools like Oak Cliff, Desoto, Duncanville and Cedar Hill in the are who have 10+ different uniform combinations. With the tax base in those areas being what it is it's pretty impressive how much funding their receive for athletic amenities and facilities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    43,270
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    ECB
    Newest Member
    ECB
    Joined

×
×
  • Create New...