5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

5 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Just stop.  Cracker is THE racial slur of choice. You know it.  

You're the only one who thinks that Graham Cracker is a racial slur on here. I personally came up with the guys nickname as an inside joke, that's the name me and many other BU fans started calling him. Btw: he's black. Also it's the nickname I'll continue to call him if he crumbles like a Graham Cracker here at Memorial.  

Maybe you're having a bad day and needed some reason to pop off, I would suggest you calm down, drink some water and relax. 

On 7/14/2022 at 3:32 PM, Separation Scientist said:

So the better player with same height and more productionis not the better prospect. Ah yes, I see what you did there, too. 100%

Just spell it out next time. You too Mr. Moderator BMTSolja. We are used to it. 

Yes, the heavier, faster and more versatile route runner with bigger hands and a higher vertical is the better college prospect. Dixon also averaged more yards per catch than Herndon and is better at high-pointing the ball in contested situations. Not to mention Dixon looks likes Julio Jones while Herndon looks like Matt Jones which really isn't a slight since Matt Jones was a first round pick too. 

I know you're pretty naive when it comes to high school football so just as a point of reference Johntay Cook is the top receiver in the state. He's 5'11.5" 170lbs and had 806 receiving yards on 39 catches last year in 14 games. Using your logic the recruiting services and multimillion dollars staffs made a mistake and should've taken Kameren Kirkwood from Crosby since he's similar size but had 1,090 yards receiving last year? NFL scouts don't look at who had the most college receiving yards and then draft accordingly, they look at what a player did in college that could translate to the next level.

Philip Beck(Blinn/La Tech) had one of the greatest receiving seasons in THSF history, 124 catches for 2,202 yards and 24 TDs. He's definitely the best high school level receiver to ever play at Crosby, with that being said you're still not going to find many Crosby fans that would take him over Singleton(Utah/UH), Patterson(New Mexico/Rice) or Netherly(LSU) today. 

Looks like Crosby picked up another free agent last week. That makes it three that I know of this offseason. Running back from North Shore, receiver from GCM and now a DB from Spring. Think the DB from Spring could be a real contributor this year. If we could just get a 6'5" 275lb offensive tackle to sign with us we would be in great shape. The one we had last year will be playing on the defensive line next to our 6'3" 340lb nose tackle. 

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Looks like Crosby picked up another free agent last week. That makes it three that I know of this offseason. Running back from North Shore, receiver from GCM and now a DB from Spring. Think the DB from Spring could be a real contributor this year. If we could just get a 6'5" 275lb offensive tackle to sign with us we would be in great shape. The one we had last year will be playing on the defensive line next to our 6'3" 340lb nose tackle. 

I like it, school choice is good. Nothing wrong with parents & students getting to choose what schools give them the best opportunities for their futures over government or uil employees dictating it., imo. Kudos to Crosby Athletic & free agent dept. putting out the product people want to play for, job well done.

6 hours ago, KF89 said:

I like it, school choice is good. Nothing wrong with parents & students getting to choose what schools give them the best opportunities for their futures over government or uil employees dictating it., imo. Kudos to Crosby Athletic & free agent dept. putting out the product people want to play for, job well done.

So does Crosby have a better NIL package?

13 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So does Crosby have a better NIL package?

We're actually working on our collective as we speak. So far we've secured the grass farms and tire shops in town. We have a meeting with our local crawfish vendors next week which we're expecting to really be a game-changer. 

On 2/4/2022 at 5:31 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby complete schedule: 

According to the updated schedule I saw Crosby will now open the season at HOME against CE King. The official stadium capacity is listed at 10k. Most people I’ve ever seen in the stadium was in 2018 when we played Manvel. CE King already used to pack the visitor side and now they have almost twice the enrollment. This one might be standing room only? 

On 7/18/2022 at 4:25 PM, KF89 said:

And Kudos to people who choose a preferred, safe community to live in with top notch academics for gifted and talented students that will excel throughout life, which is much, much more important in the long run than HS football.  Ah life is good!