5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

On 8/19/2022 at 12:19 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby fans talk, everybody from Aledo to Texarkana and from Port Arthur to Port Lavaca know that. 

Yeah Crosby talks, and they have a hard time stopping the run lol. But in all honesty it isnt any worse than East Texas teams. They love to let you know how good they are or who they could beat. 

7 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

Yeah Crosby talks, and they have a hard time stopping the run lol. But in all honesty it isnt any worse than East Texas teams. They love to let you know how good they are or who they could beat. 

Exactly, which is no different from the high income zip code teams letting you know how many state titles they have and how comfortable their life is. The trash talk from the SLC fans to the Duncanville fans before they get blown out is legendary. 

As far as Crosby stopping the run, I know that’s somewhat of a “running” joke among the top tier teams in the state but I can promise you were getting closer. Last year’s version of College Station making a “run” in 5A-D1 region 2 gives me hope. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

When did y’all play them last? Lamar played for the 6A-D1 title in 2012 and lost to and Kyler Murray led Allen squad. They’ve only lost one district game in the 10 years since then and none of their non-district losses have been to BH in that time period. 

Lamar produces the highest level dbs in the Houston area as is evident from the recent names like Holton Hill, Anthony Cook and Deshawn Jamison to name a few. Not to mention NFL All-Pro receivers like Josh Gordon. Lamar is top 5-7 in terms of personnel in the Houston area EVERY year regardless of record. 

*PS - I know @BHFAN is getting Lamar confused with Lamar Consol. but he’s not @Separation Scientist so he gets a pass. I don’t think he is anywhere as naive as @Separation Scientist is about football 

I was confused but was actually thinking about Houston Heights that BH beat 51-26 last year. That same Heights team lost to Lamar later that season 19-9. Oh, and thanks for the pass, but I don't need one 

Exactly, which is no different from the high income zip code teams letting you know how many state titles they have and how comfortable their life is. The trash talk from the SLC fans to the Duncanville fans before they get blown out is legendary. 

As far as Crosby stopping the run, I know that’s somewhat of a “running” joke among the top tier teams in the state but I can promise you were getting closer. Last year’s version of College Station making a “run” in 5A-D1 region 2 gives me hope. 

I think College Station is a better program since they started. They beat us for state and have high profile wins on their resume. Whats Crosby's best win(s)? 

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

I was confused but was actually thinking about Houston Heights that BH beat 51-26 last year. That same Heights team lost to Lamar later that season 19-9. Oh, and thanks for the pass, but I don't need one 

Oh ok, Heights and Lamar are two completely different teams with two completely different levels of accomplishments. I didn’t mean to give you one then. They beat Lamar once in 10 years. 

You shouldn’t ever take one teams vs another results in any relation to your own. For instance, BH played Crosby a lot closer than PNG did and still lost convincingly the next week to them. 

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

I think College Station is a better program since they started. They beat us for state and have high profile wins on their resume. Whats Crosby's best win(s)? 

It doesn’t have anything to do with the comparison of the programs win wise, I’m talking about the makeup of the team from a personnel standpoint.

Jett Huff was a senior QB coming off a good junior season and had good/experienced weapons in the outside, nothing great, but sufficient. We have Cyrin Myles who may be even better. They had a great 1/2 punch at RB, in almost ever interview Coach P has talked about the importance of his two running backs. 

College Station had a great defense last year and it was led mainly by their LB core and that main LB was Jaxson Slanker. Kid played at an elite level throughout the playoffs. Crosby’s best position grip on the entire team is its LB core and we have two kids better than Slanker, one already receiving an offer after his freshman year. 

Crosby’s best win of late is beating Liberty Hill to make it to the state finals. Who cares who beat y’all in relation to anything to do with Crosby? 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It doesn’t have anything to do with the comparison of the programs win wise, I’m talking about the makeup of the team from a personnel standpoint.

Jett Huff was a senior QB coming off a good junior season and had good/experienced weapons in the outside, nothing great, but sufficient. We have Cyrin Myles who may be even better. They had a great 1/2 punch at RB, in almost ever interview Coach P has talked about the importance of his two running backs. 

College Station had a great defense last year and it was led mainly by their LB core and that main LB was Jaxson Slanker. Kid played at an elite level throughout the playoffs. Crosby’s best position grip on the entire team is its LB core and we have two kids better than Slanker, one already receiving an offer after his freshman year. 

Crosby’s best win of late is beating Liberty Hill to make it to the state finals. Who cares who beat y’all in relation to anything to do with Crosby? 

You said "Last year’s version of College Station making a “run” in 5A-D1 region 2 gives me hope." You are attaching Crosby to College Station. All I'm saying is they have higher profile wins on their resume so its weird you would make that correlation. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

And before you get an attitude with me you should know this. You might be able to bench 400 pounds but I can type 34 wpm. 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Oh ok, Heights and Lamar are two completely different teams with two completely different levels of accomplishments. I didn’t mean to give you one then. They beat Lamar once in 10 years. 

You shouldn’t ever take one teams vs another results in any relation to your own. For instance, BH played Crosby a lot closer than PNG did and still lost convincingly the next week to them. 

Tell me more oh great one. I know that DA just making the point that because you got pushed around in the trenches doesn’t automatically mean Lamar has the best line in the country.

2 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

You said "Last year’s version of College Station making a “run” in 5A-D1 region 2 gives me hope." You are attaching Crosby to College Station. All I'm saying is they have higher profile wins on their resume so its weird you would make that correlation. 

Yes, “LAST YEAR’S VERSION”. Not the state championship version or any other year. LAST YEAR’S version. Yes, I’m comparing the PERSONNEL that Crosby has THIS YEAR to the personnel and style of play you saw from College Station LAST YEAR. I have no idea what’s hard to understand about that? 

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Tell me more oh great one. I know that DA just making the point that because you got pushed around in the trenches doesn’t automatically mean Lamar has the best line in the country.

What/who is DA? Not only did we not get pushed around, Myles only got pressured on ONE drop back which he would’ve ran away from in a real game. My son missed a cut for a 50 yard TD on some beautiful work by the offensive line, instead he gets met at the line of scrimmage by the big d-end, puts the forearm in his chest and drives him five yards down the field. On the defensive side I think Lamar had one positive carry. We had two sacks and two other TFLs. 

Lamar is right behind North Shore in the Houston area in terms of NFL players produced over the last 15 or so years. For whatever reason they especially produce high level defensive backs. When D1 caliber kids are standing on the sideline talking about their teammate getting “routed up by the white boy” you know Braden Womack’s release game was clinical. 

I’m pretty confident Crosby would’ve touched Lamar up by two or three tds in a real game. One thing for sure, we wouldn’t have looked near as bad as I heard y’all did against Shadow Creek. 

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

14.2 is a legend in his own mind. He talks about Crosby like their Aledo or North Shore. Crosby Is a good team, but not on the level he thinks.

I don’t think Crosby is even on the success level of Westfield or Manvel yet, much less those other two. Don’t mistake me being able to talk about my team in depth for making them out to be something they’re not. It’s not my fault you don’t know the difference between the students with the million dollar addresses that go to Lamar and and the kids that live in apartments in The Heights. 

1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

Don’t forget that he even talks to people that make 800k a year! They even allow him to bring them coffee every once in while. 

Lol, the ladies that make the coffee for those guys at the regional director level actually make more than me so I’m not even qualified to bring them coffee. 

Yes, “LAST YEAR’S VERSION”. Not the state championship version or any other year. LAST YEAR’S version. Yes, I’m comparing the PERSONNEL that Crosby has THIS YEAR to the personnel and style of play you saw from College Station LAST YEAR. I have no idea what’s hard to understand about that? 

I just dont think thats a good comparison. Yall wont accomplish what they did with comparable personnel. 

15 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

. but he’s not @Separation Scientist so he gets a pass. I don’t think he is anywhere as naive as @Separation Scientist is about football 

Instead of mindlessly hating me and hurling juvenile insults at me, I wish you could take a breath and understand me a little better. Let me try. 

First I have never presented myself as a football know-it-all. I leave that for others here. I am just a passionate fan who loves the game, and likes to talk about it. That's about it, Its not that hard to understand. I am not looking for a fight.

It might surprise you that I suggested on this forum a few months ago that you do the team reviews for 4A-6A. I think you would be a really good choice write them.  I suggested that because of "your football knowledge". You can go back and look that up. I tried to give you a compliment, Maybe you missed that. 

As for Absek and BH, honestly you are too obsessed with the coach and program. Despite your football knowledge, you continue spread disinformation about BH. You don't need to take my word for it, others spoke up and verified it. I don't know why all cheap shots come at Absek from several people here. The guy is doing a good job with what he has to work with. I believe he will grow the program to new heights in the not to distant future. I fully support him.

As I said before, I only care about Crosby one week out of the year. I am pretty neutral on Crosby the rest of the time.  

I would prefer just football talk, and I can amicably disagree. All should know its 100% futile to attack me. I got a real, real thick skin. If you want to keep on its OK but its wasting your time. Maybe you know me better now. Why don't we just try and be cool? It ain't that hard. Give it a try.   

6 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Instead of mindlessly hating me and hurling juvenile insults at me, I wish you could take a breath and understand me a little better. Let me try. 

First I have never presented myself as a football know-it-all. I leave that for others here. I am just a passionate fan who loves the game, and likes to talk about it. That's about it, Its not that hard to understand. I am not looking for a fight.

It might surprise you that I suggested on this forum a few months ago that you do the team reviews for 4A-6A. I think you would be a really good choice write them.  I suggested that because of "your football knowledge". You can go back and look that up. I tried to give you a compliment, Maybe you missed that. 

As for Absek and BH, honestly you are too obsessed with the coach and program. Despite your football knowledge, you continue spread disinformation about BH. You don't need to take my word for it, others spoke up and verified it. I don't know why all cheap shots come at Absek from several people here. The guy is doing a good job with what he has to work with. I believe he will grow the program to new heights in the not to distant future. I fully support him.

As I said before, I only care about Crosby one week out of the year. I am pretty neutral on Crosby the rest of the time.  

I would prefer just football talk, and I can amicably disagree. All should know its 100% futile to attack me. I got a real, real thick skin. If you want to keep on its OK but its wasting your time. Maybe you know me better now. Why don't we just try and be cool? It ain't that hard. Give it a try.   

Who verified what disinformation I spread about BH and what was it? I don’t really think people in BH wanted a coach who didn’t want to be there. I’ve already said it was a joke in response to another poster’s comments. 

As far as this BH obsession thing, hopefully this helps. I work in Baytown. There are people who have kids that attend school in East Chambers, Anahuac, Dayton, New Caney, Dickinson, St. Thomas, etc. Bunch of geography is covered at the coffee pot. The highest percentage of people’s kids attend BH though.

In 15 years I’ve only had one other co-worker who’s had a kid play varsity sports at Crosby. Right now alone I have friends that have kids at BH who play varsity football, basketball, baseball, softball and even soccer. BH fans love telling you how good their programs are so they generally dominate the majority of all sports conversation, plus that’s where the majority of them live. I’ve been to softball and football playoff games to support their kids and they’ve driven all the way to Dallas to come support Crosby because of me. Doesn’t meant you’re not going to still talk trash and take pride in beating each other. 

I would like to talk football too so I think a good place to start is with saving all your “quality of life” posts. Tell us about the quality of your offense instead.