5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

1 hour ago, cujoforlife02 said:

Right overlook Tyler High.

Dude, y'all are 26-28 over the past five years. There's been a bunch of people overlooking  y'all. Especially when you do stuff like lose 49-0 then backdoor it with a 42 point loss in bi-district. We've already heard of the qb issues from last year but that still doesn't explain why y'all were 5-15 the two years prior? I'm not sure Cujo could even beat Chapel Hill right now? 

I see a lot of Coach Holmes stuff on social media and I think he's a good leader of young men but I think the JT football was in better hands under Coach Rush. That being said, I don't think anybody who makes the playoffs from district 7 will be overlooked. 

48 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Separation if you admittedly never watched HS hype vids then you probably won’t  be able to understand why BH’s is laughable. Most teams show big hits and big plays throughout their season and maybe the scoreboard of some crucial games. For example showing the first qtr score from the FBM game and then the final score. You know stuff that hypes up the fan base. Not some highlights from a home loss to a div rival. I think BH is def on the rise but that hype vid is comical and proves that CHS lives in their heads.

The school didnt put that out, a parent trying to sell his business did. He only filmed a few games so his highlights are only of the games he attended.  

35 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Separation if you admittedly never watched HS hype vids then you probably won’t  be able to understand why BH’s is laughable. Most teams show big hits and big plays throughout their season and maybe the scoreboard of some crucial games. For example showing the first qtr score from the FBM game and then the final score. You know stuff that hypes up the fan base. Not some highlights from a home loss to a div rival. I think BH is def on the rise but that hype vid is comical and proves that CHS lives in their heads.

If you would've heard what Abseck said to CE King's coach about Crosby at the THSCA convention you would understand why their hype video looks like that. Common responses to the "What do y'all look like this year?" talk around the coffee pot in the morning from local teams' fans/parents.

GCM: "Man, it's going to be tough. I'm just glad my boy is out there."

Lee: "I mean, we're going to beat the other Baytown schools"

Sterling: Their fans don't even like discussing football at work

Anahuac: "I'm not sure but I think we were pretty decent last year. Have you seen our new subdivision though?"  

Dayton: "We really wanted Crosby this year, we think we can play with y'all. I think we'll be good though." 

Crosby: "We should be pretty decent. We're just hoping to stay healthy and make another run at state"

BH: "I don't remember who we open with but we play Crosby the 4th game of the year" 

I'll see if I can find the video from the Vype photoshoot a couple of years ago when they asked the BH players about the upcoming season. Their response was akin to the hype video. 

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dude, y'all are 26-28 over the past five years. There's been a bunch of people overlooking  y'all. Especially when you do stuff like lose 49-0 then backdoor it with a 42 point loss in bi-district. We've already heard of the qb issues from last year but that still doesn't explain why y'all were 5-15 the two years prior? I'm not sure Cujo could even beat Chapel Hill right now? 

I see a lot of Coach Holmes stuff on social media and I think he's a good leader of young men but I think the JT football was in better hands under Coach Rush. That being said, I don't think anybody who makes the playoffs from district 7 will be overlooked. 

You don’t have to post a thing about what has been done over the last three years. I am a fan I know. It’s a new season and a new day. Your could not do I thing this season. Just because you’re good last season doesn’t make you good this season. As you will see an understand. I will never say my team is going to be bad. 

18 hours ago, cujoforlife02 said:

You don’t have to post a thing about what has been done over the last three years. I am a fan I know. It’s a new season and a new day. Your could not do I thing this season. Just because you’re good last season doesn’t make you good this season. As you will see an understand. I will never say my team is going to be bad. 

I agree 100% with everything you said. JT has several FBS recruits on their roster this year. I know it’s a new day but for the most part you have the same kids as last year. If y’all had another qb that was on the roster that could’ve help them why didn’t he make a difference last year? Tells me there won’t be this one this year either 

On 7/26/2022 at 1:01 PM, MrFleet23 said:

Separation if you admittedly never watched HS hype vids then you probably won’t  be able to understand why BH’s is laughable. 

I doubt I will ever watch a hype video in my life. I have zero interst in anythng labled "hype". Zero. Its way too juvenile for me.

(Not criticizing those who do though)   

On 7/1/2022 at 3:18 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Just copying and pasting what I sent you a couple of weeks back.  

Aug. 26 - at Port Neches-Groves, 7:00pm (L)
Sept. 2 - Nederland, 7:00pm (L)
Sept. 9 - OPEN
Sept. 16 - New Caney Porter*, 7:00p. (L)
Start off 0-3, you’re ready to run Captain Morgan off at this point. 
Sept. 22 - at Baytown Sterling*, 7:00pm (W)
Sept. 30 - Crosby*, 7:00pm (L)

Oct. 7 - at La Porte*, 7:00pm (W)
Oct. 14 - Goose Creek Memorial*, 7:00pm. (L)
You’re on suicide watch at this point
Oct. 21 - at Baytown Lee*, 7:00pm (W)
Oct. 28 - Barbers Hill*, 7:00pm (L)
Is it Graham Cracker’s fault?  🤷🏾‍♂️
Nov. 3 - at Humble Kingwood Park*, 7:00 (L)
Missed playoffs.  You’ll cry in the car.

AND y’all will get ran off the field and embarrassed vs West Brook in the scrimmage…

Tick tock….  Tick tock….  👀

Surprisingly Crosby brings back more starters than BH and PAM? It bodes very well for Crosby's chances at a district title, especially being that Myles will be one of those returners while BH and PAM will be breaking in first year QBs. Crosby's defense should look awful impressive on the hoof. 

Crosby looks loaded up for another district title & deep playoff run. Myles at QB with the exp. coming back on offense should continue the cougars tradition of powerful high scoring offense. P.A. probably the only team with enough talent, depth & speed in district to challenge Crosby if the new starters step up on both sides of the ball. Baytown Sterling is the dark horse, could slip in & grab that 3rd or 4th playoff spot???

On 7/26/2022 at 6:42 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Interested in seeing if Lufkin can make a turnaround from last season. That McKinney North game will be huge. Long haul for Lufkin that week. 

Lufkin is still down....heard they are loaded at the lower levels but we are talking freshman and junior high so it might be another year or two of struggles....I know seeing them in 7on7 they didnt look like Lufkin usually looks

1 minute ago, Matthew328 said:

Lufkin is still down....heard they are loaded at the lower levels but we are talking freshman and junior high so it might be another year or two of struggles....I know seeing them in 7on7 they didnt look like Lufkin usually looks

That's what I've heard from a few LP folks. Hopefully they make a turnaround soon minus possibly beating us though in a playoff game. 

9 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Surprisingly Crosby brings back more starters than BH and PAM? It bodes very well for Crosby's chances at a district title, especially being that Myles will be one of those returners while BH and PAM will be breaking in first year QBs. Crosby's defense should look awful impressive on the hoof. 

I don't think Crosby's "chances" for winning the district was ever in question from anyone or any source. Pretty much a lock.   

On 8/6/2022 at 11:05 AM, panamamyers said:

Nothing I have seen from Sterling leads me to believe they should be considered the dark horse to make any playoffs unless we have expanded to 6 teams.

Their QB, who was pretty much a one man show, graduated. I don't see how they will be as good as they were last year even.

I agree, lots of staff turnover as well plus head coach seems in over his head.