5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

9 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I was telling a writer on Twitter it wouldn't surprise me if the district championship is November 3rd over at Turner Stadium when we face Kingwood Park. 

That La Porte at Kingwood Park game next Thursday is HUGE!!!! 

The Panthers on a short week at their place. They’re playing very solid ball. Gonna’ be a tough one. LP will have to be focused every play. No plays off as I’ve noticed them do a few times.

1 minute ago, OlDawg said:

The Panthers on a short week at their place. They’re playing very solid ball. Gonna’ be a tough one. LP will have to be focused every play. No plays off as I’ve noticed them do a few times.

I really dislike games at Turner in the regular season. Just feels like you're always playing against more than 11 people on the field. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I really dislike games at Turner in the regular season. Just feels like you're always playing against more than 11 people on the field. 

I may see about going to this one. Mama Dawg can’t make the games any more as she can’t get up the ramps/stairs, so I’ve been stuck with live streams. But, I may see if I can sneak out for this one as there’s no stream & I’m not paying for crappy Texanlive.

I’d love for it to come down to PAM/LP at Bulldog Oct. 7 like it did a few years in the old 21-6. But, LP’s still too young to get ahead of anything.

1 minute ago, OlDawg said:

I may see about going to this one. Mama Dawg can’t make the games any more as she can’t get up the ramps/stairs, so I’ve been stuck with live streams. But, I may if I can sneak out for this one as there’s no stream & I’m not paying for crappy Texanlive.

LP broadcast team doesn't do away games?? 

On 7/1/2022 at 3:18 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Just copying and pasting what I sent you a couple of weeks back.  

Aug. 26 - at Port Neches-Groves, 7:00pm (L)
Sept. 2 - Nederland, 7:00pm (L)
Sept. 9 - OPEN
Sept. 16 - New Caney Porter*, 7:00p. (L)
Start off 0-3, you’re ready to run Captain Morgan off at this point. 
Sept. 22 - at Baytown Sterling*, 7:00pm (W)
Sept. 30 - Crosby*, 7:00pm (L)

Oct. 7 - at La Porte*, 7:00pm (W)
Oct. 14 - Goose Creek Memorial*, 7:00pm. (L)
You’re on suicide watch at this point
Oct. 21 - at Baytown Lee*, 7:00pm (W)
Oct. 28 - Barbers Hill*, 7:00pm (L)
Is it Graham Cracker’s fault?  🤷🏾‍♂️
Nov. 3 - at Humble Kingwood Park*, 7:00 (L)
Missed playoffs.  You’ll cry in the car.

AND y’all will get ran off the field and embarrassed vs West Brook in the scrimmage…

On 7/1/2022 at 3:22 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Your airhead arse more worried about Port Arthur Memorial vs WB scrimmage than BU getting their arse kicked weekly this season. Hilarious. 

Hey @BMTSoulja1 good afternoon sir. You wanna recant your statement? 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting read from @LoboFan07

He thinks BH doesnt make the playoffs.

DISTRICT EIGHT
After trailing the entire game, the Crosby Cougars got the much needed win they had been vying as they took the lead with under 5 minutes left in the game to knock off New Caney Porter, 26-21. It was the third consecutive district game for the Spartans that they have lost by a single score. The other three games were blow outs. Kingwood Park rolled over Goose Creek Memorial, 41-14. Port Arthur Memorial sped past La Porte, 54-34. Barber Hill dominated Baytown Lee, 43-14. Baytown Sterling was off. Next week, Goose Creek Memorial travels to Port Arthur Memorial, Baytown Lee travels to Kingwood Park, Crosby travels to Sterling and La Porte travels to New Caney Porter. Barbers Hill will be off. Goose Creek Memorial’s loss to Kingwood Park this week officially eliminated them. Gotta feel for the Spartans after so many close losses. Kingwood Park and Port Arthur Memorial will decide the district title, but it isn’t until the final week of the season. We’re looking at 3 teams right now for the final 2 spots. Barbers Hill has a win over Crosby but a loss to La Porte. Crosby and La Porte meet on 10/28, La Porte’s regular season season finale. Barbers Hill definitely has the strongest schedule left with Kingwood Park, Port Arthur Memorial then New Caney Porter to end the season after their bye week this week. It really is a toss up on who gets that final spot. I’m not sure if in a three way tie, as I’m suspecting we’ll have (all teams finishing 5-3), if they’ll go to a point determination then seed based on head to head. If that’s the case, right now it’s La Porte +7, Crosby -1, Barbers Hill -6. So La Porte could lose to Crosby, if that’s the way they go, but they just couldn’t lose by 13. I’m thinking we’ll see Crosby win out, including a win over La Porte, because they play the two worst teams in the district sandwiched by La Porte right after their bye week. Barbers Hill should lose their next two, then that Porter game becomes really tricky and they’re in a must win situation. La Porte is in a must win situation next week against Porter before taking on Sterling then Crosby. I will say, New Caney Porter also has a decent shot of going 4-0 to end the year, which would throw the 3 way tie off and push Crosby into 3rd and Porter into 4th. But right now, I’m going with Crosby getting 3rd and La Porte getting 4th based on the tiebreaker situation mentioned earlier.

12 minutes ago, kenny powers said:

Interesting read from @LoboFan07

He thinks BH doesnt make the playoffs.

DISTRICT EIGHT
After trailing the entire game, the Crosby Cougars got the much needed win they had been vying as they took the lead with under 5 minutes left in the game to knock off New Caney Porter, 26-21. It was the third consecutive district game for the Spartans that they have lost by a single score. The other three games were blow outs. Kingwood Park rolled over Goose Creek Memorial, 41-14. Port Arthur Memorial sped past La Porte, 54-34. Barber Hill dominated Baytown Lee, 43-14. Baytown Sterling was off. Next week, Goose Creek Memorial travels to Port Arthur Memorial, Baytown Lee travels to Kingwood Park, Crosby travels to Sterling and La Porte travels to New Caney Porter. Barbers Hill will be off. Goose Creek Memorial’s loss to Kingwood Park this week officially eliminated them. Gotta feel for the Spartans after so many close losses. Kingwood Park and Port Arthur Memorial will decide the district title, but it isn’t until the final week of the season. We’re looking at 3 teams right now for the final 2 spots. Barbers Hill has a win over Crosby but a loss to La Porte. Crosby and La Porte meet on 10/28, La Porte’s regular season season finale. Barbers Hill definitely has the strongest schedule left with Kingwood Park, Port Arthur Memorial then New Caney Porter to end the season after their bye week this week. It really is a toss up on who gets that final spot. I’m not sure if in a three way tie, as I’m suspecting we’ll have (all teams finishing 5-3), if they’ll go to a point determination then seed based on head to head. If that’s the case, right now it’s La Porte +7, Crosby -1, Barbers Hill -6. So La Porte could lose to Crosby, if that’s the way they go, but they just couldn’t lose by 13. I’m thinking we’ll see Crosby win out, including a win over La Porte, because they play the two worst teams in the district sandwiched by La Porte right after their bye week. Barbers Hill should lose their next two, then that Porter game becomes really tricky and they’re in a must win situation. La Porte is in a must win situation next week against Porter before taking on Sterling then Crosby. I will say, New Caney Porter also has a decent shot of going 4-0 to end the year, which would throw the 3 way tie off and push Crosby into 3rd and Porter into 4th. But right now, I’m going with Crosby getting 3rd and La Porte getting 4th based on the tiebreaker situation mentioned earlier.

Now this is analysis ✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

No way BH misses the playoffs. 

It's more plausible than you think. 

BH sits at 4-1, still with Kingwood Park, PA Memorial & Porter to play. They lost to La Porte by 7, and beat Crosby by 1 (-6 between the 3).

LP sits at 3-2, still with Porter, Sterling and Crosby to play. They beat Barbers Hill by 7 (+7)

Crosby sits at 2-3, still with Sterling, La Porte and Goose Creek to play. They lost to BH by 1 (-1)

Crosby, by far, has the easiest schedule left.

Give Crosby the two wins they should have over Sterling/Goose Creek, that has them sitting at 4-3 not counting the LP game.
Give La Porte the two wins they should have, that has them sitting at 5-2 not counting the LP game.
Give Barbers Hill the toss losses they should have, that has them sitting at 4-3 not counting the LP game.

If La Porte beats Crosby, then obvious it's a mute point no matter what. Crosby would finish 4-4 and BH would come to Longview as the 4th place squad.

If Crosby beats La Porte, then you have LP finish at 5-3, Crosby finishing at 5-3. And BH having to beat Porter just to get to 5-3. But in that scenario it just matters how much Crosby beat La Porte by as right now we have a LP +7, Crosby -1 and BH -6 in the point differential between the three teams (as it would only matters on those 3 games played between the three, as far as the usual tiebreakers go).

Now again, this is assuming we know BH is not one of the top two teams, Crosby is at least better than the Baytown schools and Porter doesn't upset LP.

Heck, New Caney Porter isn't even out of this thing yet. Yes they're 1-3, but they play La Porte, Goose Creek, Lee and Barbers Hill still and could somehow finish 5-3 end up finishing 4th themselves just by beating LP/BH.

Regardless, Eagle fans need to be hoping they pull an upset over KP or PAM, or hope La Porte knocks off Crosby (or that Crosby beats LP by more than 14).

6 minutes ago, Justafan72 said:

Sounds like someone has never played High school football !  A trip to the playoffs is special to the seniors who has spent their high school years playing.And in Crosby's case,a trip to the playoffs keeps a streak alive. That's why they play the Game.

LOL. I played...LOTS. 

It depends what your goals and expectations are. If you want a Playoff T-shrt, then a 200 mile bus ride to Longview to get embarassed 49-0 in the 1st round, have at it. 

I have a higher goal in mind, but I take no offense if you want a 4th place T-shirt and a participation ribbon.    

Bh could also win out and make all of this incorrect. Lots of ball left to play. However BH played the vaunted number one Fort Bend Marshall last year  in the first round and ran them off the field. Not saying that would happen to Longview just reiterating the fact upsets happen. 

Any PO games are important as it gives the young men who will return at least another week of experience. That’s one reason successful teams remain successful. La Porte had their 25 year consecutive PO appearance run end a few years ago. Up until that time, all the young men were getting extra reps, practice, and game time that built up experience for the following years. The experience snowballs.