Non-district Matchups

Cougar14.2

8 hours ago, D3zii said:

😅 😅 You don't even believe that yourself,  Nah but it'll definitely be tougher on both ends (Fball & Bball) moving up to 6A..

P.S. in my honest opinion SC and Cita aren't the ones United should be worried about at least in B-Ball, its their cross-town rival down the street 🙃

Anywho Back on topic ....

Oh I definitely do.

Also they're a few Pear Orchard ppl to include @BMTSoulja1 that think WB wont be a factor in bball for some odd reason.

But yeah, back on topic. 🤷🏾‍♂️

23 hours ago, 02Warrior34 said:

Every time I hear of Warren football I can't help thinking of my good friend. The late great Jim Wolf who was drafted by the Steelers in 1974 along with Lynn Swan and Jack Lambert. His battle with M.S. cut his promising career short. Jim was a dear friend of mine, a good man and one hell of a chess player.

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Every time I hear of Warren football I can't help thinking of my good friend. The late great Jim Wolf who was drafted by the Steelers in 1974 along with Lynn Swan and Jack Lambert. His battle with M.S. cut his promising career short. Jim was a dear friend of mine, a good man and one hell of a chess player.

I met him years ago, he was a great guy. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

off topic briefly.  what about the 16 year old (from India) beating Magnus Carlsen(# 1 ranked in the world since 2011) ? 😲

* chess

On 2/12/2022 at 9:23 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

The last several non district schedules posted are completely irrelevant to this website.

Those are teams outside our coverage area.

Please check the district coverage thread pinned up top and post schedules for those teams only.

Was the original post asking for coverage area only? I thought it was just a random fan asking who’s teams were playing in non district? I’d understand if the thread title was SETXsports Teams Non District schedules:-)

8 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

off topic briefly.  what about the 16 year old (from India) beating Magnus Carlsen(# 1 ranked in the world since 2011) ? 😲

* chess

An amazing accomplishment, without a doubt. With that said, is was done at 3AM, unofficial, on line in computer format all the while Carlsen is trying to recover from Covid which he describes as "pretty bad". I would have to think that Carlsen was less than focused. Carlsen is literally a genius (IQ 190) but he is human too. He does not win every single game every time. For someone to displace him they would have to win "best of 11". In 2021, for example Carlsen won 7.5 to 3.5 over Ian Nepomniachtchi, which was much closer than most who face Carlsen.  

8 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

* chess

M.S. took all of his  motor control and confined him to a wheel chair so chess was all he could do . Football is a game of chess and both gave him a chance to do something he loved.

Those Indians are smart people. Their cultures philosophy on life opens their minds up more than ours. Namaste !

3 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

M.S. took all of his  motor control and confined him to a wheel chair so chess was all he could do . Football is a game of chess and both gave him a chance to do something he loved.

Those Indians are smart people. Their cultures philosophy on life opens their minds up more than ours. Namaste !

I truly am saddened to hear that about your friend. it makes my heart ache, because I have also watched that cruel disease slowly debilitate probably the most fun, yet so pure friend of mine up until he was killed  in an auto accident. 

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

An amazing accomplishment, without a doubt. With that said, is was done at 3AM, unofficial, on line in computer format all the while Carlsen is trying to recover from Covid which he describes as "pretty bad". I would have to think that Carlsen was less than focused. Carlsen is literally a genius (IQ 190) but he is human too. He does not win every single game every time. For someone to displace him they would have to win "best of 11". In 2021, for example Carlsen won 7.5 to 3.5 over Ian Nepomniachtchi, which was much closer than most who face Carlsen.  

Pragg, as he is called isn't a slouch himself. Pointing out Carlsen is/was recovering and it was an online 3 am game seems as though you are throwing shade on Pragg. Maybe you are not aware that at just 10 years old he became a Grandmaster and is the youngest international Grandmaster ever.

Maybe you are aware.  I think though if we want to discuss further that we do it in more appropriate forum/thread. 😉 

Have a FANTABULOUS day.

1 hour ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Pragg, as he is called isn't a slouch himself. Pointing out Carlsen is/was recovering and it was an online 3 am game seems as though you are throwing shade on Pragg. Maybe you are not aware that at just 10 years old he became a Grandmaster and is the youngest international Grandmaster ever.

Maybe you are aware.  I think though if we want to discuss further that we do it in more appropriate forum/thread. 😉 

Have a FANTABULOUS day.

No need to overreact. It’s not “throwing shade”.  Context is OK to add, especially in this case. The boy is apparently a phenom, but it actually “throws shade” at Carlson without pertinent details included, if he is no where near focused and in top form.   

On 2/18/2022 at 10:14 PM, Hagar said:

I’ve no idea about the two new teams Vidor has scheduled, but of the other 3, Santa Fe is a step up to 5A, and Silsbee & Brazosport both made the playoffs last year, so it’s not quite the cup cake some think.

My wish list for Vidor’s non-district, Silsbee, Nederland (ah yes, the old rivalry game, lol), Jasper, PNG and Crosby (needed one sure win). 
😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣👽🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂

That game with us last year was a slobberknocker!

On 2/26/2022 at 1:22 PM, Separation Scientist said:

No need to overreact. It’s not “throwing shade”.  Context is OK to add, especially in this case. The boy is apparently a phenom, but it actually “throws shade” at Carlson without pertinent details included, if he is no where near focused and in top form.   

True. The biggest addition of context that I read is that the young man that beat him was only 10 years old.