Barbay leaving Jasper

AggiesAreWe

On 2/8/2022 at 6:10 PM, MackLewis said:

If they get Coach A, and keep Bronson as DC, they become a state contender in 3 years.

Alvarez has never coached the caliber of athletes he’s about to coach.    It will be interesting to see what kind of program he builds and sustains there.   

IMO he’s one of the better coaches in the state of Texas.   What he did at Kirbyville was nothing short of a miracle.

Jack Alvarez is taking the Marshall job.

2 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

East Texas, Marshall Mavericks, will be official tomorrow at noon.

gotcha.  he sure seemed in a hurry to get out of Cuero.  Not often you see coaches making lateral/downward moves after improving a team from 5-6 to a 13-2 state semifinalist, but he seemed willing to do so this offseason.  I guess he found a school willing to accept his demands, and maybe that's the only motivation, I don't know.  He's certainly a proven winner, but also a proven ship jumper.  I wonder if he'll stay longer at Marshall than he did at CC and Cuero.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

gotcha.  he sure seemed in a hurry to get out of Cuero.  Not often you see coaches making lateral/downward moves after improving a team from 5-6 to a 13-2 state semifinalist, but he seemed willing to do so this offseason.  I guess he found a school willing to accept his demands, and maybe that's the only motivation, I don't know.  He's certainly a proven winner, but also a proven ship jumper.  I wonder if he'll stay longer at Marshall than he did at CC and Cuero.

Marshall I’m sure met all his demands, plus I know they just did a huge athletic bond… their facilities are amazing for a school like them. Their covered turf practice field is unique, I know they hosted some HS Playoff soccer matches in it… Im not familiar with Cueros athletic facilities to judge it but imo this is huge for Marshall. 

11 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Marshall I’m sure met all his demands, plus I know they just did a huge athletic bond… their facilities are amazing for a school like them. Their covered turf practice field is unique, I know they hosted some HS Playoff soccer matches in it… Im not familiar with Cueros athletic facilities to judge it but imo this is huge for Marshall. 

Cuero athletic facilities is top knotch 

6 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Jack Alvarez is taking the Marshall job.

Interesting….  He will do well there.

I’m surprised he’s leaving Cuero after 2 years.

But, Marshall is closer to Arkansas, where he still has family, and much closer to both his sons in Garrison and the DFW area.   Not to mention a healthy pay raise. 

26 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Beats me. It's hard to believe that few people wanted the Jasper job. 🤣

you see Kendrick Crumedy.

you know he is a Jasper alum.

I would think he could fix the offensive side without a doubt!

his years as OC at a little ole school named MANVEL paired with our current DC could be  the Golden ticket we Jasper fans have been looking for and deserve.

Kendrick Crumedy

Offensive Coordinator / Running Backs / Strength and Conditioning

Kendrick Crumedy is the offensive coordinator and running backs coach. He is in his 9th year of teaching at Manvel High School. Coach Crumedy teaches Government. He graduated from Sam Houston State University in May of 2008 with a degree in History and Secondary Education, and then again in 2010 with a Master's degree in Kinesiology - Sport Management emphasis. Coach Crumedy is married to Kimberly Montgomery Crumedy.  They have 1 son, Kendrick Karter Crumedy.    He is originally from Jasper, Texas and enjoys fishing, horseback riding and working out in his spare time.1582910567_2K.Crumedy.jpeg.7e13467fda24addc0e06da0b5447fd03.jpeg

13 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Probably so. How much did he request? 

granted the "I heard pipeline of info" was in wide open, but if true it would be basically paying 200k for his services. 125k for himself and a position for his wife. His wife current position in Cuero is/was "Director of Speacial education " which is an administrative position with a price tag in the 90(s)k range.

the National average salary of her position is $91,108