Vidor 7 Huffman-Hargrave 13/Final

AggiesAreWe

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

That could neutralize our defensive line, going to be a big test for the secondary. Does Lumberton line up in the shotgun every play? That’s what HH did but their QB is definitely a dual threat, anytime he held the ball though we were after him but he’s good enough to run away from you sometimes.

They are spread team. Air raid offense 

1 minute ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

They are spread team. Air raid offense 

Air raid for the Raiders, perfect. Air Raiders. Spread passing attack vs ground and pound run game. Should be an interesting match up, without all of the injuries at RB I would have a lot more confidence but we’ll find some guys to tote the rock. Just hope it doesn’t take away from our defense, we need those guys in the secondary to play big. Hopefully we won’t need them in the offensive backfield also.

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Air raid for the Raiders, perfect. Air Raiders. Spread passing attack vs ground and pound run game. Should be an interesting match up, without all of the injuries at RB I would have a lot more confidence but we’ll find some guys to tote the rock. Just hope it doesn’t take away from our defense, we need those guys in the secondary to play big. Hopefully we won’t need them in the offensive backfield also.

It’s going to be interesting. Y’all don’t want 4th place again. Kilgore or Lindale is gonna be tough. I’d rather have that 2nd place spot to avoid chapel hill

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I still think we beat Lumberton though, our defense looked just fine tonight. Actually played good and got some turnovers via the interception. Pass rush was there all night, Lumberton better bring it in the trenches and block us for 3 seconds or get the ball out quickly. The defense is not banged up at all but we are going to have to find a way to move the ball on offense. Lumberton is not known for their defense usually, so maybe we can get some push against them that we did not get from the offensive line tonight.

If you take away the LCM game, Vidor gave up 40 against HH, Splendora and Livingston 

Lumberton gave up 37 against the same opponents. 

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Sad thing is half of that was to Splendora lol we gave them 5 turnovers. That could be the key for Lumberton, force 5 turnovers.

Yep. Exactly. Which is crazy, because Splendora is not very good at all. I think the Raiders defense for being so damaged and young have done at least an average or better job.