Port Neches-Groves at Dayton Predictions

Guest TravelingBandsman

Guest TravelingBandsman

Should be a great game.

I think this should be a dual game of the week with the Nederland/Lumberton game.

My prediction

Dayton 28

Port Neches-Groves 10

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i knew that this wasn't the same team that lost to lumberton at the beginning of district, but man oh man i can't believe what happened tonight.  nederland played png pretty close, and dayton completely dismantled them.  if this same dayton team shows up next week to play the indians, i don't think that png can beat them.  

assuming that the same dayton team that came to play tonight shows up again next week...

Dayton 34

PNG 20

The Indians want to keep their perfect in district streak alive, they didnt get beat up tonight and we were able to pull our starters in the 4th and rest em up, and the second string didnt do too bad, centrals final TD did come on them tho 

Can you hear it its the distant beat of a drum that signals your imminent destruction, were coming Dayton!!!

I have no idea how you guys are getting these high scoring predictions.  PNG 28,24,20 etc etc etc.  Have any of you happened to notice how many points Dayton has given up all season?  For all of you have picked PNG to win with these high scores, go look at that stat first.

With that said, if PNG does not turn over the ball, they win 13-7.

If they do make mistakes, they will be playing catch up, which you can not do against this D,  and Dayton wins 28-13.

I'll go with the first scenario, being that PNG has rose to the occasion in every district game.

PNG 13 Dayton 7

I've seen several post on here that says Dayton is not the same team it was when they played Lumberton and lost.  Well, PNG is not the same team they were in pre-season.  Dayton beat Lumberton by 2, we beat Lumberton by 7.  Lumberton was a much better team when they played us than when they played Dayton, however, hmmm, Dayton only beat them by two.  I know Dayton is good, well balanced and all the above.  However, they haven't played a team with a defense like PNG and a balanced offense as PNG has.  I think this game, honestly, is too close to call.  PNG respects Dayton, and hopefully they respect PNG.  The game Friday will come down to whoever wants it most.  PNG has been in this position many times over and has prevailed.  Stats actually don't mean squat....anything can happen out on the field on Friday night. No one would have guessed Dayton would have beaten Nederland 63-0.  Best of luck to both PNG and Dayton on Friday for an injury free game.  One thing for sure, the team wearing purple will win!  Take care!

I guess I had it wrong all year---I did not know Dayton beat Lumberton---Lumberton beat Dayton 8-7 with 14 ticks on the clock--a loss is a loss is a loss. With that being said the Broncos did have 4 starters out with injuries then---we are now healthy and it shows. The Dayton coaching staff made the changes needed and hats off to them for doing a great job------There is no question the Broncos are a heck of a lot better now.

Guest BIG HOUSE

I say Dayton will win pretty easy.......They attack the ball and will bring the hats....That being said,if PNG will run Hemmings all night and not turn the ball over,they can wear down a sort of small Dayton defense.....Hemmings also brings the hat......

Daytons smaller d-b's better be ready for 218lbs of steam.......GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS........

My Raiders need to handle up on their business and HOPEFULLY WE CAN MEET DAYTON AGAIN........

great stuff. we get better and better everyweek. we win everyweek. with scores to show it was not a fluke or anything. but i see again were expected by majority to lose... ooh so dayton put up 60+ points on a team. guys that were at the game say that dayton didnt take starters out till they were up by 50 or more. dayton has sooo much class i can tell. after a certain amount of points the team losing will give up. and i am sure nederland gave up when they were down by 30

great stuff. we get better and better everyweek. we win everyweek. with scores to show it was not a fluke or anything. but i see again were expected by majority to lose... ooh so dayton put up 60+ points on a team. guys that were at the game say that dayton didnt take starters out till they were up by 50 or more. dayton has sooo much class i can tell. after a certain amount of points the team losing will give up. and i am sure nederland gave up when they were down by 30

You say you get better and better every week, but I was not impressed at all when PNG played Vidor.  Yes, PNG won the game, but not without having to sweat it out against a Vidor team that has struggled to show any signs of life this year.

I don't see this game turning into the blowout we saw last night, but I think Dayton is the superior team here.  Dayton by 7.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder