Port Neches-Groves at Dayton Predictions

Guest TravelingBandsman

great stuff. we get better and better everyweek. we win everyweek. with scores to show it was not a fluke or anything. but i see again were expected by majority to lose... ooh so dayton put up 60+ points on a team. guys that were at the game say that dayton didnt take starters out till they were up by 50 or more. dayton has sooo much class i can tell. after a certain amount of points the team losing will give up. and i am sure nederland gave up when they were down by 30

Dayton pulled many of their offensive starters in the third quarter.

Their last touchdown was a draw play up the middle by the third string running back.

To score the touchdown he carried a wanna be Bulldog tackler 10 yards into the endzone.

For practically the whole 4th quarter the Broncos ran one play, a quarterback sneak.  They even took delay of game penalties on purpose.

Don't talk about the Broncos not having class.

When Neumann's Bulldog's pounded the Broncos years ago in the playoffs, there was no question on the Bulldogs class.

As for my alma mater, you better watch out when you travel to Bronco Stadium.  You are playing the team that has the greatest show on turf.  A repeat performance by the Broncos will make for a long night for the Indians.

Hopefull the Broncos will finally fill up the home side while PN-G has standing room only.  The stadium seats about 8,500.  If the Broncos can pack the home stands there could be over 9,000 people there, maybe more.  For the thousand's of Indian fans that travel to Dayton, travel safe and get a ticket early!  There are only about 3,000 tickets for fans after the band is seated.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great stuff. we get better and better everyweek. we win everyweek. with scores to show it was not a fluke or anything. but i see again were expected by majority to lose... ooh so dayton put up 60+ points on a team. guys that were at the game say that dayton didnt take starters out till they were up by 50 or more. dayton has sooo much class i can tell. after a certain amount of points the team losing will give up. and i am sure nederland gave up when they were down by 30

PLEASE...Dayton scored their last TD with 11:34 to play, with a backup rb, up the gut, on a 53 yd run. BTW, we had 32 guys suited out. 3 or 4 are JV and can't play. We don't have enough backup "dogs" to call the dogs off earlier. Also, we ran like 7 or 8 qb sneaks in a row in the 4th qtr. with the 2nd, 3rd, whatever string we had left. We won inside, outside, over the top, underneath etc. We weren't constantly trying to hit the homerun, they just weren't stopping us. I guarantee our coaches respect nederland and showed it in the 4th quarter and most of all in their unbelievable preparation for a team that so many of you said would outcoach them.

I think this will be a low scoring game. If PN-G can run the ball and not turn it over then PN-G 17 Dayton 14. If we turn it over more than twice and our D stays on the field too much then Dayton 28 PN-G 14. It should be a good match up. We just have to cut out the mistakes.

PLEASE...Dayton scored their last TD with 11:34 to play, with a backup rb, up the gut, on a 53 yd run. BTW, we had 32 guys suited out. 3 or 4 are JV and can't play. We don't have enough backup "dogs" to call the dogs off earlier. Also, we ran like 7 or 8 qb sneaks in a row in the 4th qtr. with the 2nd, 3rd, whatever string we had left. We won inside, outside, over the top, underneath etc. We weren't constantly trying to hit the homerun, they just weren't stopping us. I guarantee our coaches respect nederland and showed it in the 4th quarter and most of all in their unbelievable preparation for a team that so many of you said would outcoach them.

Honestly after seeing Dayton, Lumberton, PNG and Nederland all play in the last 3 weeks I have to go with Dayton. Their defense is lights out and not just by luck, they really are for real. They are a state championship quality defense against the pass and the run. I dont think Daytons offense is that good despite the score last night. Nederlands defense quit, I mean quit, for the first time in Neumanns time at NHS. After the 1st quarter Daytons offense was doing whatever it wanted at will with practically no resistance at all.

Daytons offense is about like PNG and Lumbertons. Its good, real good, plenty good enough to score on PNG's defense but not good enough to win a state title in my opinion unless that defense can pitch a shutout. Dayton should be about as productive as Lumberton was against PNG and there is no way that PNG is going to score 21 on Dayton. I would be surprised if PNG scores 7, shocked if they score 14 and I will eat my hat if they score 21... Provided that they dont suffer any injuries.

OF course anything can happen but I would feel comfortable with that prediction.

I say 28-7 PNG and a shutout is not out of the question.

Guest TravelingBandsman

All we heard from Nederland last week was about their superior passing game. Well, I don't need to tell anyone how that turned out. Now PN-G tells us about their superior running game. I'm starting to see a pattern, and whenever Nederland ran the ball, 9 times out of 10, they barely got yds and most of the time were tackled for losses. I think PN-G's running game is better than Nederland's but I don't think it will be to the par that it needs to be to break through the Dayton defense.

All we heard from Nederland last week was about their superior passing game. Well, I don't need to tell anyone how that turned out. Now PN-G tells us about their superior running game. I'm starting to see a pattern, and whenever Nederland ran the ball, 9 times out of 10, they barely got yds and most of the time were tackled for losses. I think PN-G's running game is better than Nederland's but I don't think it will be to the par that it needs to be to break through the Dayton defense.

Fans from Dayton already said on the message boards and the radio last night that their defense is fast but SMALL.  I can see a team that tries to run outide on Dayton lose that battle really quick.  But a team like PNG and the size of our line we run the ball right at every opponent, between the hash marks.  Don't misunderstand what I'm saying.  I believe Dayton's defense is the best in our district, but I also believe that they haven't faced a great running game either.  It will be a great game to watch and lets hope both teams stay healthy after the contest for the playoffs.  PNG 24 Dayton 14.

i witnessed the game last night and nederland got beaten hands down by a very well coached team with great athletes they pulled starters with 8 minutes to go and not a second before . that had nothing to do with the outcome!! nederland was whipped by a much better team and better coaches. nederland has good athletes but were never really in the game from the begining. coaches as well as players were stunned from 1st quarter on

i witnessed the game last night and nederland got beaten hands down by a very well coached team with great athletes they pulled starters with 8 minutes to go and not a second before . that had nothing to do with the outcome!! nederland was whipped by a much better team and better coaches. nederland has good athletes but were never really in the game from the begining. coaches as well as players were stunned from 1st quarter on

nissanindian pretty much summed it up from an unbiased point of view. I hate to say it, but the game was not as close as the score. :o It was total domination by the Broncos. Fortunately for us, it still only counts as one "L" in the loss column. No style points or style deductions in football! Thank goodness!

Guest PurplePride

Okay, I am confused on this. Of course district games are all that count, right? So everyone that has a 4-1 record are co? If Dayton beats PNG, how come they are not champs alone? Because Lumberton beat Dayton? PNG beat Lumberton and then if we beat PNG, I was told that we Dayton would be District Champs.

SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!

GO BRONCOS!

Okay, I am confused on this. Of course district games are all that count, right? So everyone that has a 4-1 record are co? If Dayton beats PNG, how come they are not champs alone? Because Lumberton beat Dayton? PNG beat Lumberton and then if we beat PNG, I was told that we Dayton would be District Champs.

SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!

GO BRONCOS!

According to one post on another thread, the UIL considers any tie regardless of head to head to be settled as "co champs".

The only scenario where there won't be a co champ is if PN-G wins.

Any other scenario results in a tie for 1st which would be co champs.

What I would like to know is an "official" ruling of seeding....

Does the UIL seed by point spread in a three way tie.

This will change who Dayton and Lumberton play if Dayton and Lumberton win.

If the point spread doesn't matter, then....

PN-G is Division I

Lumberton beat Dayton so they get the 1st seed in Division II and play the 2nd seed from 21-4A

Dayton will get the 2nd seed and play the 1st seed from 21-4A (probably Crosby).

If.....

They seed by point spread then....

Dayton would be #1 (they would probably win the point spread)

PN-G would be #2

Lumberton would be #3

PN-G goes Divsion I

Dayton would be the #1 seed in Division II and...

Lumberton would be the #2 seed in Division II

As previously stated I don't think it makes a difference in the first round, all three 22-4A "should" win over 21-4A, the 2nd round is what will be important.

Does any one know where they are posting "preliminary" brackets????

I say Dayton will win pretty easy.......They attack the ball and will bring the hats....That being said,if PNG will run Hemmings all night and not turn the ball over,they can wear down a sort of small Dayton defense.....Hemmings also brings the hat......

Daytons smaller d-b's better be ready for 218lbs of steam.......GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS........

My Raiders need to handle up on their business and HOPEFULLY WE CAN MEET DAYTON AGAIN........

Dayton's "smaller" defensive backs that you speak of will be ready for the "218 lbs of steam."  There will be three or four 170 lbs of steam ready to meet it every time

Nothing would make Dayton happier than to play Lumberton again.  That would be the best playoff scenario EVER.

Guest PurplePride

Got it! Thank you for the responses! Looking forward to a great game! Hey at least yall already know you have a first place title! Hope you have to share it with US! ;)

Good Luck to both teams.....Have a safe drive PNG!

GO BRONCOS! ;D

I havent seen Dayton play this year with my own eyes so I can't really speak for them. I have seen PNG play several games so I can only go by what I see from PNG.

I'll break it down like this.....these are two upper class teams playing like a few of the top teams within the state right now. Games like this could go either way. Dayton is a good team no doubt....PNG is also and it's hard to find flaws in either team right now. Usually in games of this magnitude it all comes down to how well coached and how well prepaired either team is and how bad the teams want it. We are talking about two teams good enough to beat anyone in the state on any given friday night. Heck even the Houston Texans beat the Colts from time to time. My main point is...you play this matchup 10 times during the season I think you'd have ten totally different games with close games, blow outs with different winners. It's gonna all depend on which team shows up ready to rumble. It's gonna depend alot on coaching...play calling...execution etc.

With that said....

PNG is well coached as is Dayton....both teams have a really good running games. PNG has an excellent defensive front and the corners, linebackers and end play extremely well against the outside run. The defensive secondary from PNG is gonna need to have a big big game and step it up a little bit. We are good on turnovers from our secondary and the deep ball but at times are suspect when it comes to the short passing game but usually tend to settle down and stop short stuff by the second half.

PNG's running attack is a brutal power game with Hemmings which is offset nicely with Wright around the corners from time to time for a change of pace. The recieving core and quarterback is right were we want them and as looked better and better every game especially since the nederland game. They look to be on the same page.

It's gonna be extremely difficult to totaly shut Hemmings and PNG's running game down. They may not run for 60 yard td's much but that 4-5 yards a pop will kill a defense and wear them down. It's gonna take some heck of a game to totaly shut it down. Same goes for Dayton...gonna take a good team to shut them down apparently. Its gonna take an extremly good personal outting by one of Daytons linebackers to totaly shut Hemmings up and to do so he better bring a lunch.

I say if PNG is able to run effectivly like they have on everyone else and control the ball which opens up 2-3 big pass plays down the field throughout the game they win. Flip flop that and same thing goes for Dayton......it all comes down to who can control the ball and dominate time of pos. this game.

Time of Pos. and positive turnovers decides the outcome.

Gonna be a defensive night....whoevers defense can basically keep the other offense off of the field will win.

PNG's secondary willl determine PNG's Fate...they need atleast 2 turnovers.

Daytons ability to stop the running game and sit back in coverage will determine their fate. If PNG is able to run effectively enough to open up their passing game it will be bad for dayton.

Last but not least.....

PNG's offensive coordinator will be put to the test.....sometimes when things start out rough on the offensive side of the ball he gets caught in the old bubble of run,run,run, punt or run,run,pass,punt or starts running hemming up the middle on 3rd and 8....that will not cut it this weekend. He will have to be creative enough to help get the offense jump started if they they face trouble early and not be satisfied with running the same running plays over and over even if they arent effective early. If the runs not working he better be able to exploit something else to force them to back off enough to get the run game going.

Gonna be a good game. PNG I know will be up to the task mentally and ready to play.

Gotta go with my boys here and PNG of coarse.... I think PNG 21 Dayton 17

You can say anything you want about Dayton doesnt give up points and PNG's defense is tough but good teams score points regardless of who they play....this will not be a 14-7 or 10-7 game...both teams will approach 20 points and the winner will be whoever can go over 20. PNG's style of offense is not easily stopped....you will not stop it just by having better skills players..it's not like shutting down a really good passing team....the only way to shut PNG's running game down is to man up and and be a bigger man in the holes....someone will have to buckle up and say im tougher and stronger than this guy and fight for it all night.

Cant wait gonna be a good game.

PNG 21

Dayton 17

Even if PN-G is able to run against Dayton, can PN-G shut down the now AWEsome offense of the Broncos.  Friday against Nederland, Greg Charles came into his own.  Dayton's QB is finally starting to hit his receivers in stride on the long routes.  PN-G's secondary WILL NOT be able to cover AJ and the other receivers.

Even if PN-G scores 21 or 28 points look for the Broncos to match the scores.

If any team struggles to score it will be PN-G.

Dayton's defense is the CREAM OF THE CROP in this part of the state.

Even PN-G has not been able to get a shut out in district.

Dayton has done this 4 out of 5 times.

Boy howdy...

This will be an AWEsome game in Dayton's new stadium!

Word of warning to the Indian fans....

There are only about 3,000 tickets to be had on the visitor side (after the band is seated).

Buy your tickets early!!!

Don't know if they will be selling SRO tickets ? ? ?

Hopefully it will be a sell out with about 500 standing.

There is plenty of standing room only spots on the east end of the stadium.

CAN'T WAIT TILL FRIDAY!

Will be a great football game to finish the season!

Great Post 19Cherokee89.  You said alot there.  I would have to add from my observations of the last several games.  The other area of weakness at times for PNG is between the center and QB.  I've seen alot of bad snaps and shotgun snaps on the ground.  I think PNG's O-Line in gonna have to step it up big time for Dayton and for the Playoffs.  Against Vidor, Vidor's D was in the backfield way to easily and last night PNG's QB was rushed hard and the pocket seemed to collapse to many times on the pass plays.  Dont take me wrong here,  I'm a big time NDN Fan.  I'm just putting in my 2 cents worth on some of the things I've noticed.  Our D is solid,  and I agree that the Secondary is gonna have to totally step it up for Dayton and the Playoff run.  I just hope that some of the younger players can handle some very serious intensity coming there way and not get frustrated.  If PNG plays solid and mistake free ball they will win in a close one.  If we have turnovers or cant contain the Dayton D up the middle the Dayton wins.  Who prepares and plays mistake free ball wins.  

Hey Purple, you will not know what hit you with the onslaught of Indian fans at your stadium.  I would, honestly say we will match or even outdo your home attendance.  PNG is the real deal, so is Dayton.  It's gonna be a good game, good defensive battle.....when you have ALL these screaming INDIAN fans in a stadium, and Cherokee and Geronimo's Rising being played over and over again, sorry, just feel like the broncs will wish they had stayed in the barn.....all in good fun or course.  Best of luck to both teams.....no one needs injuries this time of year.  And remember, the best Dayton can do is share the title with the Mighty PNG Indians, but we'll see come Friday!  Take care!

Get your tickets early...

Fair warning...

I do not think that Pngs defense is gonna be able to contain Daytons offense what so ever. They can hurt you on the ground and through the air. Dayton in the spread offense will get some man coverage and I do not think PNGS corners are safeties can contain daytons recievers. This is NEDs offense only better and a hole lot faster. Daytons defense is the real deal they fly to the ball and do not miss tackles. They are a very well disiplined football team. Good luck indians your gonna need it.

A lot of this conversation sounds so familiar.

http://www.setxsports.com/setxforum/index.php?topic=27062.0

Last week it someone wanted to know who our defensive backs were. There was talk of the best passing attack in the district and how we just wouldn't be able to defend it. How the running game had improved and was going to be potent. How someone was injured and not available the second half of the PNG game, but that he was healthy now, etc., etc., etc.

My only question is whether or not these posters are going to show the kind of class exhibited by the Nederland posters after their game against the Broncos?

I put a quote up earlier from the PA News from Larry Neumann who has coached and lost against both teams and he said the Dayton team that beat him last night was the best team they had faced. I figure he probably knows more about it than any of us "posters."

My prediction: If Dayton plays their best and PNG plays their best, it won't be close . . . Dayton wins.

Here is a stat you won't find in the newspapers: Nederland, 0 for 11 on third down plays. They never crossed the 40 - their own.

Welcome to Dayton, PN-G.

one thing about the nederland offense is this... and everyone knows it. when you have a predominantly pass team what do they have after that gets shut down? mostlikely nothing.. and nederland really only has a passing game. so yeah they scored 63 points on them... but that just means they have a good pass defense. i dont think they have played a real good whole offense yet. we can do it all. pass and run.

I agree its gonna be a good game...HOWEVER.....Dayton plays with 3 down lineman......and small down lineman at that.If im not mistaken the smallest player on our o-line is bigger than any of their 3. Hemmings should have a field day unless like i said before Daytons linebackers pack a lunch and decide step up and even if they do then do they have the ability to physically stop a brute like Hemmings??? Daytons defensive scheme plays right into PNG's hands....it's weakest against the power running game which is what we do best. If Dayton's offense is not on the field it's gonna be tough to score points. Our defense needs to step up when they have the opportunities and get some 3 and outs and we'll be fine.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder