about for yalls imminient distruction, is really the difib going off to restart

the new injuns heart for the beating thats waiting for the grove. sorry, to

much broncos in this one. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TravelingBandsman

I wish I could be there for the game...when Hemmings just runs dead into the wall of Broncos and falls back as fast as his "steamed up momentum" takes him.

Guest Indian Chief

Whole different deal now NDN. Dayton is 3 times as good as in the beginning of the year. Thank goodness we're already in because this one worries me.

Guest dailynews

Dayton is back to its regular form. After losing to L-Town in the district opener they have came full circle. Last week they put up 63 on Nederland who some people thought was a lock for the playoffs. The Broncos cannot be stopped, Dayton will beat PNG at home....

i really dont think png has anything to worry about . they have as physical a team as dayton has. and to be honest with you dayton will not even come close to a shutout this game . burnette and gang will have a game plan ready ill promise you. anybody that can read a newspaper knows dayton has a good defense however nederland didnt prepare well enough to adjust to it. png makes adjustments as needed  .daytons quarterback had the game of his life doubt he can have that kinda game again against anyone else.ill give kudos to dayton for the impressive win against nederland but it wont be easy this coming friday by no means.  screens will slow the rush down as well as tightend or slants. just leave it all out on the field and youll get the win!! go!!! ndns!!!!

Guest osue200

One thing I know for sure is a purple and white team will lose.  Might give us Nederland fans some piece of mind knowing that since both of these teams beat us at home

In back to back weeks Central gained 191 yards against Dayton's defense and 198 against PNG the next week.  Most of that 198 came against the Indian subs.  That's a good comparison against a common opponent in the second half of the season.  All the talk is about Dayton's defense but the Indian's defense is solid and will be a force.   And the Indians offense is a heck of a lot better than Central's was.  It will be a good game.

AMEN...Ive heard enough about Daytons defense plays at a semi pro level...whatever...bring it....those stats you just posted explain everything i need to know....yeah they shut nederland out but big deal....you cant compair apples to oranges. PNG's run offense is brutal and there is only one way to stop it....you can call any play you like ...rush anyone ya want...but bottom line to stop this style of power football there is only one way to do it....you better be a bigger badder man than they are.....HEMMINGS FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if PN-G is able to run against Dayton, can PN-G shut down the now AWEsome offense of the Broncos.  Friday against Nederland, Greg Charles came into his own.  Dayton's QB is finally starting to hit his receivers in stride on the long routes.  PN-G's secondary WILL NOT be able to cover AJ and the other receivers.

Even if PN-G scores 21 or 28 points look for the Broncos to match the scores.

If any team struggles to score it will be PN-G.

Dayton's defense is the CREAM OF THE CROP in this part of the state.

Even PN-G has not been able to get a shut out in district.

Dayton has done this 4 out of 5 times.

Boy howdy...

This will be an AWEsome game in Dayton's new stadium!

Word of warning to the Indian fans....

There are only about 3,000 tickets to be had on the visitor side (after the band is seated).

Buy your tickets early!!!

Don't know if they will be selling SRO tickets ? ? ?

Hopefully it will be a sell out with about 500 standing.

There is plenty of standing room only spots on the east end of the stadium.

CAN'T WAIT TILL FRIDAY!

Will be a great football game to finish the season!

WE ARE NOT NEDERLAND,just a word of warning and there have been many teams that thought we couldnt cover all their recievers and we did and knocked balls down all night and got ints, Hemmings is used to carrying people 5-6-7 yards, Wright breaks to the outside and we move the chains, Tenzeno gets in an open field and say bye, The Indian "D" has been awesome all season and will bring the wood and more. Dont let the Central stats fool ya the whole 4th and some of the third we had 2nd and 3rd string in

This is going to be a good game. I think the only way we see a big Dayton win is if we pull starters and make sure we head into next week healthy. I still think we have to play a near turnover free game to have a good shot. We cannot turn it over 2 or 3 times and expect to leave Dayton with a win.

I am looking forward to a great game Friday night.  I think the Bronocs will win, but I am looking forward to seeing Hemmings play.  Please tell me a little more about him.  I know from reading the message board that he is big and strong, but who is recruiting him?  Where does he want to play college ball?  He's obviously had a great season.....surely he's being highly recruited.  I tried looking up on Rivals and didn't find him.  Please give me more information.

I love the Lumberton poster that predicted Dayton to win 48-13 even though Lumberton defeated Dayton and PN-G defeated Lumberton. As for Mr. East's comments, it would be easy to label the Broncos the "New England Patriots of high school football" after Friday night. BUT, the Nederland fans at the game will tell you that the Bulldogs flat out laid down and QUIT !! If that is the only time you've seen Dayton this year, then they look like possible "state champs". Remember back one week when Dayton beat Central 20-0. The same Central team that PN-G trounced 42-21. Trust Me, I know that PN-G has their HANDS FULL on Friday, but the people predicting a Dayton blowout should try to put things in perspective. As far as a prediction, I'm only willing to predict a LOW scoring defensive battle that could go either way. Hopefully PN-G 14    Dayton 13.        ;D

I am looking forward to a great game Friday night.  I think the Bronocs will win, but I am looking forward to seeing Hemmings play.  Please tell me a little more about him.  I know from reading the message board that he is big and strong, but who is recruiting him?  Where does he want to play college ball?  He's obviously had a great season.....surely he's being highly recruited.  I tried looking up on Rivals and didn't find him.  Please give me more information.

Three words for you....White running back. I have heard rumors of a certain D-1 Texas school looking at him, but I do not know if that is still the case. Their whole staff will probably be gone after this year, so I am suspecting he will probably get a shot at one of the D-1 AA schools or maybe a NAIA school. He is big enough to play fullback at the next level. He has good hands, can block, and obviously run well. I do not think he could be a featured back like Mosely at North Texas, but he could help a team at fullback.

I love the Lumberton poster that predicted Dayton to win 48-13 even though Lumberton defeated Dayton and PN-G defeated Lumberton. As for Mr. East's comments, it would be easy to label the Broncos the "New England Patriots of high school football" after Friday night. BUT, the Nederland fans at the game will tell you that the Bulldogs flat out laid down and QUIT !! If that is the only time you've seen Dayton this year, then they look like possible "state champs". Remember back one week when Dayton beat Central 20-0. The same Central team that PN-G trounced 42-21. Trust Me, I know that PN-G has their HANDS FULL on Friday, but the people predicting a Dayton blowout should try to put things in perspective. As far as a prediction, I'm only willing to predict a LOW scoring defensive battle that could go either way. Hopefully PN-G 14    Dayton 13.        ;D

Well, I know it is a different Dayton team than played Lumberton...they have made adjustments. If you go by stats (which I know don't always mean anything...but people are throwing them out) Dayton had 277 total yards against Lumberton, but have a different quarterback now...Lumberton had 255 total yards against the defense they played that night.  Don't know what adjustments they have made to their defense. Dayton had 104 rushing to Lumberton's 160. Also mistakes by both teams that game. PNG had 367 total yards against Lumberton and Lumberton had 336. PNG had 182 rushing to Lumberton's 106. Lumberton beat Dayton by 1 point and PNG beat Lumberton by 7 points. IMO either game could've gone either way. It's hard to compare the two games because Dayton has made changes. So I don't think someone from Lumberton saying Dayton will beat PNG even though Lumberton beat Dayton and PNG beat Lumberton is out of the question. Too many things have changed since week 1. I'm not making any predictions but if Dayton wins, I don't think it will be a blowout like the NED game.

This is not the same team that the Raiders squeaked past in week 1 of distrist play.  The new QB is playing lights out (QB rating 128) and the defense has only allowed 3 TD's in district play and 4 shut outs.

Tatum will not play to near perfection like he played against Lumberton.  He's going to get hit hard and often. 

Dayton by 21 or more.   

I hope PNG stays healthy for the playoffs.  If it gets out-of-hand early i would rest my studs for Galena Park. 

Well, I know it is a different Dayton team than played Lumberton...they have made adjustments. If you go by stats (which I know don't always mean anything...but people are throwing them out) Dayton had 277 total yards against Lumberton, but have a different quarterback now...Lumberton had 255 total yards against the defense they played that night.  Don't know what adjustments they have made to their defense. Dayton had 104 rushing to Lumberton's 160. Also mistakes by both teams that game. PNG had 367 total yards against Lumberton and Lumberton had 336. PNG had 182 rushing to Lumberton's 106. Lumberton beat Dayton by 1 point and PNG beat Lumberton by 7 points. IMO either game could've gone either way. It's hard to compare the two games because Dayton has made changes. So I don't think someone from Lumberton saying Dayton will beat PNG even though Lumberton beat Dayton and PNG beat Lumberton is out of the question. Too many things have changed since week 1. I'm not making any predictions but if Dayton wins, I don't think it will be a blowout like the NED game.

I do understand that this is a different team than the one that played Lumberton. I am hoping that we can handle Dayton's offense. It looks like we will have to execute flawlessly on offense. I truly hope that these teams can get through this game with no serious injuries. We have some work to do to represent the district well in the weeks to come. I will be shocked if it's not a smashmouth low scoring game !!!

I do understand that this is a different team than the one that played Lumberton. I am hoping that we can handle Dayton's offense. It looks like we will have to execute flawlessly on offense. I truly hope that these teams can get through this game with no serious injuries. We have some work to do to represent the district well in the weeks to come. I will be shocked if it's not a smashmouth low scoring game !!!

I agree. I am interested to see how they will handle your Hemmings...he is a good player.

This is not the same team that the Raiders squeaked past in week 1 of distrist play.  The new QB is playing lights out (QB rating 128) and the defense has only allowed 3 TD's in district play and 4 shut outs.

Tatum will not play to near perfection like he played against Lumberton.  He's going to get hit hard and often. 

Dayton by 21 or more.   

I hope PNG stays healthy for the playoffs.  If it gets out-of-hand early i would rest my studs for Galena Park. 

Tatum was SUPPOSED to " get hit hard and often " against your beloved Raiders also. Bottom line is that nobody really knows how the teams will match up until they hook up on Friday. I like our O-line to protect. I truly believe that Lumberton's front seven is comparible to Dayton's. Nobody is really talking about our front four. Burnett, Mcdonald, Davis, and SHEXNEIDER have been dominant. Dayton's offensive line will have to work !!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder