Port Neches-Groves at Dayton Predictions

Guest TravelingBandsman

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest whoabroncos09

leaders

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&tpl=Leaders&SearchType=Leaders&Sport=1&TeamID=&DistrictID=17&SearchDate=11%2F03%2F07&SearchDateEnd=11%2F03%2F07

dayton is lookin pretty good on there.

congrats to aj and ronnie on the recieving leaders list.

Guest osue200

Do not underestimate the size of Daytons defensive line.  I thought the samething when I saw them.  They are quick off the ball and they attack, attack, attack like a swarm of bees.  One advantage Dayton had against Nederland is there Defense defended the pass all night.  They may have 3 down lineman but thats not all whats coming.  After seeing Dayton whip up on us Friday night to hard to predict.  This is not the same Dayton team Lumberton beat and I assure you Lumberton doesn't want a rematch.  I will say PNG does match up to Dayton better than obviously Nederland did.  PNG's power running game against Daytons speed.  I have to pull for our MC friends but I think Dayton wins this one I hope I'm wrong.  Good Luck to both teams should be a great game.

I've been saying that Dayton is much improved since the Lumberton game, and now you see. Look for Dayton to be blitzing alot during this game. This may be the only answer to trying to stop Hemmings before he has a head of steam going.  If you let him get going, you better bring 3 or 4 defenders or else someone's going to be feeling dizzy.  If Dayton makes PNG pass, then they could run away with it. Even though PNG has improved on the passing game, short yards, it's still a work in progress.  This sounds crazy, but I wouldn't play my starters the entire game, and that goes for both schools. Both are in the playoffs, and the last thing you need is an injury to someone you might need in the playoffs. I know I'm going to hear about that comment, but this game doesn't mean a whole lot, but if you get on a roll in playoffs THAT means alot.

I agree its gonna be a good game...HOWEVER.....Dayton plays with 3 down lineman......and small down lineman at that.If im not mistaken the smallest player on our o-line is bigger than any of their 3. Hemmings should have a field day unless like i said before Daytons linebackers pack a lunch and decide step up and even if they do then do they have the ability to physically stop a brute like Hemmings??? Daytons defensive scheme plays right into PNG's hands....it's weakest against the power running game which is what we do best. If Dayton's offense is not on the field it's gonna be tough to score points. Our defense needs to step up when they have the opportunities and get some 3 and outs and we'll be fine.

size dont mean anything in dayton every team we play the other teams o-line is always bigger and our linebackers can hit...ask nederland

If I were from PNG I would also be rationalizing why and how we can and should beat Dayton too, especially sight unseen. However, now that I have seen Dayton, Nederland, Lumberton and PNG, I really don't think you guys will appreciate it until you see it. That is, Daytons defense. I have seen a lot of playoff football in the last 10 years and not just BigNed. I am telling you that Daytons defense is as good as ANY defense I have seen in Texas 4A in the last 10 years. They are just about perfect in their execution. They are always in absolutely perfect position, they are absolutely ridiculously quick to the ball and they miss ZERO tackles. These guys are lights out and I mean LIGHTS OUT!!! What is so intereresting is how decieving their size is, they are really small but play like giants.

Im not saying that PNG should concede a loss or anything, but this is not your run of the mill excellent defense. Dayton is playing defense on a higher level. I promise PNG has not seen a defense this good since the 99 playoff run and even that season I am not sure that they met a defense like this. We are talking state champion level defense. PNG may need to shutout Daytons offense to win. I know they scored 63 points but they were not any better than what you guys or Lumberton have ofensively, our defense just laid down.

I really REALLY hope I am wrong, I want PNG to win the game, but my PNG friends you just need to be prepared for it,,, these guys are really really really really good. I think its going to come down to PNG's defense keeping Dayton to 1 score or less if PNG wants to win.

I have no doubt that Dayton is a power house of a team....and that to win against them PNG will have to leave it all on the field!

WE have been the under dogs to just about everyone... from the media to there fans and players that we have played this year and we have seemed to overcome  these obstacles ..... SO GOOD LUCK TO PNG AND JUST PLAY WITH THE SAME DESIRE THAT HAS GOT YOU THIS FAR......... ;)

I've been saying that Dayton is much improved since the Lumberton game, and now you see. Look for Dayton to be blitzing alot during this game. This may be the only answer to trying to stop Hemmings before he has a head of steam going.  If you let him get going, you better bring 3 or 4 defenders or else someone's going to be feeling dizzy.  If Dayton makes PNG pass, then they could run away with it. Even though PNG has improved on the passing game, short yards, it's still a work in progress.  This sounds crazy, but I wouldn't play my starters the entire game, and that goes for both schools. Both are in the playoffs, and the last thing you need is an injury to someone you might need in the playoffs. I know I'm going to hear about that comment, but this game doesn't mean a whole lot, but if you get on a roll in playoffs THAT means alot.

this game means alot to us. even if it means that we share the title.  ::)

Never thought I would be writing this, but PNG better strap it up and get ready.  Dayton is going to be riding high and ready to kick some butt.  I had them counted out so I guess I am one of the several hundred who is eating crow right now.  My vote is for PNG and I am pulling for Lumberton to beat Nederland.  That would make PNG, Dayton, and Lumberton the playoff teams.  Heads up Indians, here come the Broncos!!

Dayton is coming off one of the greatest perfomances a high school team can have.

Just looking at the video, it was so impressive.

If the Broncos can repeat that defensive perfomance against a finely tuned running team, WOW!

I just can't wait to Friday.

Two Purple and White teams battling it out for what would be (if they went by point spread) for the district championship.

This is easily the "current" best two teams in district.

Hopefully the boys play in front of a huge SRO crowd and get tuned up for the playoffs.

I just hope no one gets hurt and that all the thousands of PN-G fans travelling to the game have a save round trip.

Will be interesting to see the final attendance of this game.

C'mon Soulja...ALL players miss tackles.   ;)

What I'm saying is that they dont' arm tackle.  They form tackle.  And in order for PN-G to win this, they will need to break some tackles.  Because there will be a Dayton Defender waiting right at the line of scrimmage.  I would suggest some missdirection plays and playaction to keep the defense guessing.

Guest whoabroncos09

If I were from PNG I would also be rationalizing why and how we can and should beat Dayton too, especially sight unseen. However, now that I have seen Dayton, Nederland, Lumberton and PNG, I really don't think you guys will appreciate it until you see it. That is, Daytons defense. I have seen a lot of playoff football in the last 10 years and not just BigNed. I am telling you that Daytons defense is as good as ANY defense I have seen in Texas 4A in the last 10 years. They are just about perfect in their execution. They are always in absolutely perfect position, they are absolutely ridiculously quick to the ball and they miss ZERO tackles. These guys are lights out and I mean LIGHTS OUT!!! What is so intereresting is how decieving their size is, they are really small but play like giants.

Im not saying that PNG should concede a loss or anything, but this is not your run of the mill excellent defense. Dayton is playing defense on a higher level. I promise PNG has not seen a defense this good since the 99 playoff run and even that season I am not sure that they met a defense like this. We are talking state champion level defense. PNG may need to shutout Daytons offense to win. I know they scored 63 points but they were not any better than what you guys or Lumberton have ofensively, our defense just laid down.

I really REALLY hope I am wrong, I want PNG to win the game, but my PNG friends you just need to be prepared for it,,, these guys are really really really really good. I think its going to come down to PNG's defense keeping Dayton to 1 score or less if PNG wants to win.

good post Mike.

we do have a very tough defense...

and yes we are very small...

but like you and BMTSoulja1 said..we dont miss tackles.

we attack the ball...

we are on it before they know it..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder