Carthage 34 Silsbee 30/FINAL

WOSgrad

Good game Silsbee, Tyler is a beast. I applaud Silsbee for coming back and taking the lead, a few on Smoaky thought it was over after Silsbee gained the momentum. Tough loss, but you have to be proud of the Tigers for coming back and scoring 14 unanswered points in the 3rd quarter to make it a 1 score game.

Great season tigers it's been since 1994 since I have seen an awesome running back with all do respect to the other great tiger backs over the years but calvin did something special for Silsbee high good  luck to our football team everyone did an awesome job in victory and in defeat I love my tigers again great season thanks.

5 minutes ago, Who That said:

After the meeting between to two teams and reffs. This game was over for the Tigers. Even tho "  they played their buts off. The reffs wasn't about to let them win this game.! What was said in that meeting on the field led to this defeat. 

So the refs caught that final Hail Mary and handed it to the Carthage receiver?

Refs can affect a game, but they can't go out there and win it for you. 

24 minutes ago, Who That said:

Yep they stop the clock that should of keep running for them to have time to set up a play. And gave them time back on the clock for no reason at all.

Still looking for an explanation on this.. 

10 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Wasn't it a first down. So the clock would stop to get the ball set?

Wasn't a first down...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Still looking for an explanation on this.. 

Wasn't a first down...

Yes it was a first down I remembered last night because it was 4th down and it looked like they made it by about a foot. I think we may have been questioning needing a measurement at first.  The referee also waved off an unsportsmanlike on one of our coaches before our last two plays.  Yes it would have been great not to have had that period to set up that play but that wasn't the difference.  Carthage would have probably spiked the ball and still had 20 secs or so left.  We cost ourselves in the clock management by snapping the ball with 10 or 12 seconds left most every play of that last drive.  

This one really, really hurts. Silsbee did not deserve to lose this game.

Going to take some time to get over this one.

As for the situation with the clock stopping on Carthage last drive. Carthage got the first down by half a yard on that 4th down play. Clock was stopped to move the chains with 24 seconds left. The problem was the head official wanting to put 2 seconds back on the clock before he reset to start the clock. Coach Smith argued that the clock stopped properly, was no need to add 2 seconds. The argument was what allowed Carthage so much time to gather their thoughts and not have to hurry up and run a play or spike it. They were still out of field goal range. It was a complete mess, one that Carthage was able to take advantage of with the "hail mary" type pass that was the game winner.

Tyler slipping on the 4th down play at the 7 that would have had him certainly scoring was bad luck. Tough for that to end up being his final carry of his high school career. It would have most certainly won the game for Silsbee.

Calvin finished with the night with 365 yards and 3 TD's.

His season totals: 2832 yards, 29 TD's. He falls 2 TD's short of the single season rushing TD record of 31 set by Dontre Thomas last season.

Had Silsbee won, I am quite certain Calvin would have broke the 3,000 yard mark.

Tough, tough way to end it.