Silsbee at Bridge City

BADSANTA

The way the Tigers defense has been playing, I think they will do good against BC especially if BC has no passing game.  My concern is we haven't showed consistency throwing the ball and we have Adonis who went out last night with what looked like an ankle injury and Calvin with a shoulder issue. Calvin still gutted out a big game last night but had to leave the field a few times favoring that shoulder.  If those two aren't able to play a big part it may be a tough offensive night.  I do think my Tigers will pull it out just interested to see how things fall.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

BC, I know you run the ball well.  How's your passing attack and overall defense?

I can't say much for our passing game. I think our passing game will be effective when we use it but I can't say much since we haven't. As for our defense it is much different than last year. We have been doing much better lately. Had a little rough start against LCM but came out and only let them have one in the 2nd half. Only thing that worries me is lil C. If we can stop them I think we take this one and finish up the district.

24 minutes ago, BC is back said:

I can't say much for our passing game. I think our passing game will be effective when we use it but I can't say much since we haven't. As for our defense it is much different than last year. We have been doing much better lately. Had a little rough start against LCM but came out and only let them have one in the 2nd half. Only thing that worries me is lil C. If we can stop them I think we take this one and finish up the district.

Ok...  You live and die by the run and no one really has forced you to pass.  Gotcha...

Lil C will. E a task for you to stop.  Seems that 200 yard games are the norm these days

44 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Adonis and Tyler should heal over the week hopefully. Silsbee should roll strong in this one. Let's stop Draper

Lol,I'll be willing to bet they will be ready to roll.this will be a great game.draper and Lil c want disappoint anyone. Price of admission will b worth it.

Should be a good game. I think we'll be able to move the ball on Silsbee, and we aren't going to shut down Silsbee's run game either. We've got to do our best to slow the Silsbee rushing attack down and not make stupid, drive-killing mistakes.

Of course I believe that we'll win on Friday, but I wouldn't give any points, lol. Both teams have punched their tickets to the playoffs, and you have to believe that the winner of this game will be the odds-on favorite to win district. 

Good luck. 

Until Jones can prove he can handle the passing game requirements the Tiger's success is in that ground game.  What was a weak offensive line in the early part of the season has at least been stable enough to allow Tyler and Thomas to exploit weaker defensive teams. 

The upside of not having an explosive passing offense, either by design or indecision, has relatively allowed the Tiger offense to play turnover free ball.

Don't remember the last fumble by our backs.  Jones has a couple, I think.  Would need someone with stats to verify but I would venture a guess that we are 2 to 1 on Turnover ratio, or close to it.

Defense has come a LONG way.  Seriously, I am impressed with how the underclassmen have adjusted and EXTREMELY impressed with the aggressiveness that the linebackers and corners now possess.  I am firmly convinced that it came with confidence and trust in each other.  Lets keep it that way.  Do your job so others can do theirs.

One player will have a hard time beating Silsbee. 

McCain is finding his groove, Uribe (Soph) is turning into a smart linebacker and Sells (Soph) will be a playmaker next year.  Lots of upside to Silsbee Defense.

I don't think there will be much of a drop off at QB.  I like Collins' style.  Hard nosed and a big kid who isn't afraid to let it fly. 

My glass if full, regardless of the early losses.

Ill take 28 points of offense any day if defense plays to win.

15 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Until Jones can prove he can handle the passing game requirements the Tiger's success is in that ground game.  What was a weak offensive line in the early part of the season has at least been stable enough to allow Tyler and Thomas to exploit weaker defensive teams. 

The upside of not having an explosive passing offense, either by design or indecision, has relatively allowed the Tiger offense to play turnover free ball.

Don't remember the last fumble by our backs.  Jones has a couple, I think.  Would need someone with stats to verify but I would venture a guess that we are 2 to 1 on Turnover ratio, or close to it.

Defense has come a LONG way.  Seriously, I am impressed with how the underclassmen have adjusted and EXTREMELY impressed with the aggressiveness that the linebackers and corners now possess.  I am firmly convinced that it came with confidence and trust in each other.  Lets keep it that way.  Do your job so others can do theirs.

One player will have a hard time beating Silsbee. 

McCain is finding his groove, Uribe (Soph) is turning into a smart linebacker and Wells (Soph) will be a playmaker next year.  Lots of upside to Silsbee Defense.

I don't think there will be much of a drop off at QB.  I like Collins' style.  Hard nosed and a big kid who isn't afraid to let it fly. 

My glass if full, regardless of the early losses.

Ill take 28 points of offense any day if defense plays to win.

RB fumbled last game vs. LC-M  I believe...

And who is Wells?