West Orange-Stark 55 Bridge City 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Nope, given what has happened this week. It is highly appropriate, get them on the bus and get this one behind them.

Yep, good call. It just caught me off guard because i don't remember seeing this before.

Sounds like good things happening on the field now according to KOGT. Wish i were there to see it.

27 minutes ago, WOS2002 said:

With what, 3 TD's called back on the WOS side? This wasn't even a game. Who was saying this was going to be a "dogfight" again? LMAO.

I really think he was hoping. U can't base things on u scoring 50 plus on teams that aren't that gud. Without seeing how gud w.o is .once again that d-line probably go down as one of the best to play here.i really think it will b a better game between them and newton. 2 teams that are running teams. It will shorten the game.  I take my hat off to #28 for BC kid tried hard.

1 hour ago, bc#1fan said:

I predicted BC to score 14. And wow hats off to WOS I knew they were gonna handle business. Good game. Good defense, good offense. 

Bc handed good field position a few times due to some really terrible punts but it wouldn't of mattered anyways!

Idk.  KJ can't take shanks to the house!

Post game thoughts... I knew that WOS is great this year, and we knew what we needed to do if we had any chance of winning. We obviously did not do those things. WOS's D is filthy, and the last thing we needed to do is kick over the hornet's nest. I'm a homer all of the way, but I have no problem with the way the game was played by WOS. 

My hat is off to the young men from WOS.  Not only did they play a fantastic game, but they were very, VERY sportsmanlike in what could have been an ugly game. I can't overstate what a fine group of competitors that proved themselves to be. The postgame pleasantries between Coach Dubois and some of our players reaching out to the victim of this weeks racial hatred, and his receptiveness to their gestures was a great thing, I believe.

WOS's field goal game needs some work before they get deep into the playoffs.  Otherwise I don't see any weak spots.  

We need to throw all of our cell phones into Cow Bayou and stay the hell off of social media.  

We'll be a better team for having played a highly motivated WOS team. 

I've got to reiterate what a fine group of young men are taking the field for WOS this year. Y'all should be proud. I'm glad I can go back to being a WOS fan after this disaster of a week and game. 

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Post game thoughts... I knew that WOS is great this year, and we knew what we needed to do if we had any chance of winning. We obviously did not do those things. WOS's D is filthy, and the last thing we needed to do is kick over the hornet's nest. I'm a homer all of the way, but I have no problem with the way the game was played by WOS. 

My hat is off to the young men from WOS.  Not only did they play a fantastic game, but they were very, VERY sportsmanlike in what could have been an ugly game. I can't overstate what a fine group of competitors that proved themselves to be. The postgame pleasantries between Coach Dubois and some of our players reaching out to the victim of this weeks racial hatred, and his receptiveness to their gestures was a great thing, I believe.

WOS's field goal game needs some work before they get deep into the playoffs.  Otherwise I don't see any weak spots.  

We need to throw all of our cell phones into Cow Bayou and stay the hell off of social media.  

I've got to reiterate what a fine group of young men are taking the field for WOS this year. Y'all should be proud. I'm glad I can go back to being a WOS fan after this disaster of a week and game. 

+1000 

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Great post . 

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Never seen that before.  Flag come out after a TD for holding when PAT is pending.  

I heard it was a chop block, by the other receiver. Dubois raising cane. Never seen anything like that before. Later, in the game, BC lined up on 4th and 1. The chain crew flipped it to 1st down and was moving the chains before the ball was snapped! From where I was at, it did not look like the QB made the 1 yd needed, on the QB keeper. He was met by defense and knocked back behind the line of scrimmage, but it did not appear that forward progress ever made it across the line of scrimmage.

Not that BC had a chance in hell but I can't stand to see a team be so one dimensional. Have to be able to have a spread type formation also. Was my same problem with Stump and not running any power offense. BC will be ok and make the playoffs but the Wing T will only take you so far. 

WOS is awesome and I'm not sure it's crazy to say they're the best team in all of Texas. Jack Dallas is great. Hats off to a great program. 

Well, that was a lot of fun.  The WOS fans were great tonight.  A lot of good positive energy in the stands tonight and we, along with some of our Porr Arthur friends, enjoyed the experience.  

It was my first time to see the Mustangs tonight and they were as good as advertised.  Actually probably better.   As all have said, you are not going to beat (and really not even score) on that defense if you are not a serious threat to throw the ball.  BC's passing game isn't even a concern against a defense like theirs.  It was more likely to result in a turnover than a positive play.

The best defense I've seen in my lifetime at the HS level was the '83 Daingerfield team.   They were a 3A team (would be 4A now) but I believe they gave up 9 points the entire season.  I wouldn't put the Mustangs on that level just yet but they certainly have that "feel."  They are downright dominant at the line of scrimmage and from what I was able to see with limited reps, pretty darn good in the back as well.  It will be interesting to see how they fare against a spread-type offense.  I wish they saw more of that around here.

And a word to the wise (as Cardinal Backer said more eloquently) to future opponents, stay the heck off social media.  You don't try to grab a snake by the tail.  Silsbee spent the summer poking the bear so I have no doubt they have a little something coming.  The rest of the teams on the schedule would do well by learning from others' transgressions...

5 minutes ago, ManiacAlum2000 said:

Just to clarify something that happened in the game:

You can protest a call that wasn't made after the play is over? I can't say that I've ever seen that happen before. I believe that's what happened on one of the WO-S scores called back due to a receiver pick on the play, according to the KOGT broadcast.

Yeah, it was strange. Our #4 protested the no-call, then Dubois took it up with the ref and line judge. They ended up throwing a flag long after the play was over. It seemed like the ref asked the line judge what he'd seen, and then was like "you should have thrown the flag," so he did. 

I honestly didn't have the best view of what happened, other than at a glance it looked like 4 got smoked while the ball was in the air.... But I can't swear to it. 

Not that it made any difference, lol. 

8 minutes ago, XX Man said:

I heard it was a chop block, by the other receiver. Dubois raising cane. Never seen anything like that before. Later, in the game, BC lined up on 4th and 1. The chain crew flipped it to 1st down and was moving the chains before the ball was snapped! From where I was at, it did not look like the QB made the 1 yd needed, on the QB keeper. He was met by defense and knocked back behind the line of scrimmage, but it did not appear that forward progress ever made it across the line of scrimmage.

On that play, the ball was spotted by the ump, and the referee came in and move it forward 2 to3 feet and signaled 1st down.  That, along with what appeared to be a challenge without the benefit of replay (which isn't reviewable at any level) which you referenced, were two things I don't ever recall seeing.  I was shocked.   

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah, it was strange. Our #4 protested the no-call, then Dubois took it up with the ref and line judge. They ended up throwing a flag long after the play was over. It seemed like the ref asked the line judge what he'd seen, and then was like "you should have thrown the flag," so he did. 

I honestly didn't have the best view of what happened, other than at a glance it looked like 4 got smoked while the ball was in the air.... But I can't swear to it. 

Not that it made any difference, lol. 

All of us were confused. Weird, that's the first time I have ever seen anything like that. Even if we were in the wrong, it was still strange. I even asked Coach Hooks(he was sitting by my parents) and he even had no clue. I told him DuBois pulled a "Dan Ray" lol!!!!!

2 minutes ago, kicker said:

All of us were confused. Weird, that's the first time I have ever seen anything like that. Even if we were in the wrong, it was still strange. I even asked Coach Hooks(he was sitting by my parents) and he even had no clue. I told him DuBois pulled a "Dan Ray" lol!!!!!

I thought the same thing tonight.  I knew Dubois is a heckuva coach but I had no idea he had a little Hooks in him on working the zebras.  I admired his fight.  My only criticism is I would never, ever, in a million years, send out a FG team when I'm down 55.  I know he wanted to get on the board but that is wayyyy too bush league for my taste (and testosterone level).  

8 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

On that play, the ball was spotted by the ump, and the referee came in and move it forward 2 to3 feet and signaled 1st down.  That, along with what appeared to be a challenge without the benefit of replay (which isn't reviewable at any level) which you referenced, were two things I don't ever recall seeing.  I was shocked.   

Yeah. I forgot that. I saw the 1st down on the pole, get moved to 2nd down. It was crazy. I told the man sitting by me, that I was seeing things happen down that that I had never seen before, and have no idea what was going on. Next time I go to a game, I am bringing my tablet and ear buds, so I can hear what Gary Stelly is saying. I think the game will be broadcast in the morning, on Time Warner Community Channel.

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I thought the same thing tonight.  I knew Dubois is a heckuva coach but I had no idea he had a little Hooks in him on working the zebras.  I admired his fight.  My only criticism is I would never, ever, in a million years, send out a FG team when I'm down 55.  I know he wanted to get on the board but that is wayyyy too bush league for my taste (and testosterone level).  

I also thought that was in bad taste. It was  more of a "let's put something on the scoreboard to ruin their 3rd shutout" than doing anything else. Maybe I'm out of line but I would call that chicken cuss word. JMO. Especially when we shut it down to run he clock out. We could have kept the foot on the gas but didn't.