Adrian Pererson uses statement by wos HC Thompson as fuel.

Trufan

Didn't share the article looking for a response.  I just knew someone would

respond the way you did. Always do. As far as this dude not being perfect, none of us are. We all sin. We all just have different ways of doing it. I could go on and on with this conversation and both of us would be telling the truth. We have both "personally " seen him in action.  You are fiercely loyal to your coach. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. The part I don't like is that if someone has a different opinion than you guys, you turn vicious. Lol. Arguing I with a fanatic is not my thing. As my screen name states I am a true fan of sports. I respect the good the bad and the ugly of sports.   I hope you guys have a great season ending with the state championship you value so much. 

AP's mom got a job down here, moved to Silsbee the summer of AP's senior year. AP worked out with Silsbee team that summer and planned on enrolling at Silsbee HS. Coaches and friends back in Palestine talked him into staying and he lived with a friend his senior year. AP's dad was in prison at the time.

2 hours ago, griff said:

Trufan, you are full of bitterness. It sounds like you have an ax to grind. Are you a former player would couldn't make it in his program or someone who just doesn't like WO-S? It's one of the two. 

He was only at Palestine ONE season. I said nothing about his record there. You did. Not every situation is a good one. Just know this...I know Cornel Thompson personally. I know what he dealt with up there in Palestine. You don't. The program is not committed to do what a PROVEN WINNER (Thompson) knows would make Palestine a winner, as well. You might be willing to have a pushover coach in your community, but Thompson will not subject himself to that. 

WO-S did not become an overnight success. NO, not anyone can win there. We saw what happened in the three years when Thompson left. Our off season weight program became non-existent, the defense got weaker, and WO-S missed the playoffs. He was Dan Hooks right hand man. A coach like Thompson is not a dime a dozen. 

Lighten up, Frances. 

What competent coach couldn't win at WOS, especially with the divisions being split right now? You think it was Thompson leaving that caused WOS to miss the playoffs instead of an enrollment decline before WOS dropped classifications and got to play against teams their size again? I think if I said there's 100 coaches in Texas that could win a state title at WOS the way the UIL is currently constructed, it probably wouldn't be much of an exaggeration.   

24 minutes ago, Trufan said:

Didn't share the article looking for a response.  I just knew someone would

respond the way you did. Always do. As far as this dude not being perfect, none of us are. We all sin. We all just have different ways of doing it. I could go on and on with this conversation and both of us would be telling the truth. We have both "personally " seen him in action.  You are fiercely loyal to your coach. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. The part I don't like is that if someone has a different opinion than you guys, you turn vicious. Lol. Arguing I with a fanatic is not my thing. As my screen name states I am a true fan of sports. I respect the good the bad and the ugly of sports.   I hope you guys have a great season ending with the state championship you value so much. 

Mmmmmmm, yeah it actually does appear, from how you worded the topic title to the increasingly vitriol with every response to griff to the constant "I knew someone would respond" that you were baiting, which is alright as I have seen it done to just about every coach here, not just Coach Thompson.  You, see, I can tell you for certain that the situation you chronicled is not the first time that Cornel Thompson has offended someone with his words and I am probably pretty safe in saying it wasn't the last.  But hey, all turns out well as I am sure that Mr. Peterson and Coach Thompson are extremely content with their current station in life.

12 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What competent coach couldn't win at WOS, especially with the divisions being split right now? You think it was Thompson leaving that caused WOS to miss the playoffs instead of an enrollment decline before WOS dropped classifications and got to play against teams their size again? I think if I said there's 100 coaches in Texas that could win a state title at WOS the way the UIL is currently constructed, it probably wouldn't be much of an exaggeration.   

Wos numbers getting smaller hasn't stopped them from beating up on the bigger school's we saw that last Friday 

15 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

And what thread involving WO-S would be complete with the same, typical, tired old shot from the supporter of a school who along with the superintendent of Baby's Hill are developing their own "Snob-5A."

12 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

And what thread involving WO-S would be complete with the same, typical, tired old shot from the supporter of a school who along with the superintendent of Baby's Hill are developing their own "Snob-5A."

Which schools are more set up for future success? Schools making big time investments wth increasing enrollments like most of the state or a school with declining enrollment, sub-par facilities compared to the top teams in the state who pays their coach $80k? WOS wins because of bloodlines, not anything else even though coaching is an important component.

16 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Which schools are more set up for future success? Schools making big time investments wth increasing enrollments like most of the state or a school with declining enrollment, sub-par facilities compared to the top teams in the state who pays their coach $80k? WOS wins because of bloodlines, not anything else even though coaching is an important component.

You have ZERO clue. WOS, although talent doesnt hurt, wins for one reason. Attitude. With that said, we are raised in West Orange with a certain mindset. That mind set is we will win.....always and will do whatever it takes to do it. I.E. work our butts off year around.You ask any former WOS player that has played College ball. My first College practice was a huge surprise to me. I couldn't believe how lax it was compared to what I came from in H.S. Thought someone was joking or something.

2 hours ago, kicker said:

You have ZERO clue. WOS, although talent doesnt hurt, wins for one reason. Attitude. With that said, we are raised in West Orange with a certain mindset. That mind set is we will win.....always and will do whatever it takes to do it. I.E. work our butts off year around.You ask any former WOS player that has played College ball. My first College practice was a huge surprise to me. I couldn't believe how lax it was compared to what I came from in H.S. Thought someone was joking or something.

you nailed it +1

4 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

I can see both sides of the argument of a coach only staying 1 year.

Usually I would be on the side that 1 year isn't enough time to commit to turning a program around. But if things were as some said and he wasn't getting support from the administration, being told how to run his practices,etc. you can't blame him for wanting out. 

yep, been there.

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

WOS wins because they have one of the best combinations of talent and hard work there is in the state.  When someone earlier said Thompson wasn't allowed to run his program how he needed to at Palestine, that is a very real possibility.  Requiring weights before school, mandatory off-season conditioning, no "breaks" or taking days off for other sports... etc, these are all things that a lot of school districts / communities are not inclined to support, but are the backbone what WOS does over there.  A lot of programs have similar off-season programs, but when it's coupled with incredible talent and tradition, you get these results.

4 hours ago, kicker said:

All you have to do is ask Kevin Smith, who played for multiple Super Bowl champions in Dallas and college ball at Texas A&M. He has said many times that of all the years he played football, he never endured practices as hard as the ones at WO-S.

4 hours ago, kicker said:

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

This was no surprise...another shot from Cougar14.2. What is it with a few of you envious knuckleheads west of the Trinity? 

I would have enjoyed a WO-S/Crosby matchup, especially after watching your scrimmage against Nederland. Too bad the growing rural-metropolis Crosby HS has turned down the offer to play the little ole school from Orange. 

47 minutes ago, griff said:

This was no surprise...another shot from Cougar14.2. What is it with a few of you envious knuckleheads west of the Trinity? 

I would have enjoyed a WO-S/Crosby matchup, especially after watching your scrimmage against Nederland. Too bad the growing rural-metropolis Crosby HS has turned down the offer to play the little ole school from Orange. 

Wait, the MECCA of Football declined to play WO-S?  So they refused to play Vidor

Vidor and now WO-S?

Guys, don't you see? Trufan is a TRUE FAN of sports! He is above caring about the silly state championships we "value so much." He's not concerned with such trifles. Pay no mind to the fact that he's trolling a HS football message board! Silly fools. He just passed through with a frienday heads up that AP said Coach T made him want to beat Huntsville like he would a poorly mannered toddler.

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wait, the MECCA of Football declined to play WO-S?  So they refused to play Vis

Vidor and now WO-S?

Soulja, the Vidor debacle was their school board fault. As for declining to play WOS well….. Not gonna re-hash that, it has been explained many times already. I'll send you something this evening. 

It's pretty simple.  For a coach/team to be successful, the players, and many times, the parents need to "buy in."  Apparently, they weren't willing to do that at Palestine.  And they certainly weren't accustomed to the "sweat equity" Coach T requires of his teams.  

To be fair, most have no idea the work the Mustangs put in.  I always chuckle when folks just assume WOS always has the most talent.   With the numbers and resources they have, there is no way they should be as consistently good and even great as they are.  Except well...see above.