*****Newton @ silsbee*****

GATA!

2 hours ago, FrodoNDN said:

If the Silsbee O-line improves and they run Adonis, not sure on the name, more they will improve. He works for yardage. With him and #4 in the back field would help in not just one RB to que on. Also, open up the pass play with some short routes.

I agree. But if any team in setx that I'm worried about its Silsbee.  I just finished watching the game on hudl.i want all our area teams to do well.first of all png physically beat them up front on both sides of the ball.and I truly don't know if the kids up front can handle tough teams up front.even though u have 2 gud backs.reminded me alot central oline last year.second png didn't do anything special on offense to throw Silsbee defense off. The DC should have a least tried to take away something that he knew was coming. At least put more men in the box to stop the run.or something just to slow them down.and on offense I'm not sold on the qb yet. I know he only threw a few times but he had kids open and couldn't improvise to come off his initial read.and hit someone else. Third: the headcoach trying to get these kids to run his system. Doesn't always work when u don't have the personal to do it. He has to do what those kids do best and mold some of his stuff with it. Remember w.o. tried it. in a couple of months and it didn't work either and they hurried up back to the Spread . hopefully by district he will figure something out bc they do have athletes over there but there not been used properly! !

58 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

What about it was that was untrue? That they were big and soft? That they gashed our defense with number 4? Or that they'd only had one weapon and threw the ball 5 times. Everything I said was said by at least 20 other people on here. 

PN-G's line was not small at all.  THAT was incorrect.  I thought I specified that by my previous post....

2 hours ago, Gasilla said:

You bet, and I dang sure wouldn't be predicting beating a defending state champion just because I got two transfers with no offensive line...

Just making sure and as for the statements about the week 4 outcome, consider the sources.

Almost impossible to have a serious discussion about football with some persons, from both sides of the 409.

I could be really wrong here although the tigers really wanted to win against png the offensive line is a work in progress Silsbee can run and pass I really think the coaches are  using the non district game to address and work to put the right people in the right places I would rather them address their issues against better teams lile png rather than blow out a weaker team and get the big head come district Silsbee will be fine

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee boys may need to keep working in the weight room if they are getting manhandled like I'm hearing. Keep fighting Tigers. There are a lot of people who want to see you do well and others who wish to see you fail. Let the Hater motivate you to be the best and keep working

I hope you aren't including me saying I think Silsbee will go 6-4 or 5-5 as a "hater". That's my honest assessment knowing what they lost and who they will be playing. I DO think they will get in and once the playoffs start, everyone is 0-0. With talent and a line with 10 games under their belt, who knows. Unless they are just not very good up front, but at this point we don't know if it's inexperience or lack of talent. The season will say a lot and I'll get to see them first hand week 4.

26 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

I hope you aren't including me saying I think Silsbee will go 6-4 or 5-5 as a "hater". That's my honest assessment knowing what they lost and who they will be playing. I DO think they will get in and once the playoffs start, everyone is 0-0. With talent and a line with 10 games under their belt, who knows. Unless they are just not very good up front, but at this point we don't know if it's inexperience or lack of talent. The season will say a lot and I'll get to see them first hand week 4.

I keep seeing Mustang fans talk about week 4. Doesn't Silsbee play at WO-S in week 5?

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee boys may need to keep working in the weight room if they are getting manhandled like I'm hearing. Keep fighting Tigers. There are a lot of people who want to see you do well and others who wish to see you fail. Let the Hater motivate you to be the best and keep working

When silsbee and Newton get together it is always a game, I don't think it will be any different this season, I just think our D is the bread winner, ..........….............and I think our D will be complete this week with all starters!

Well,I have read all the comments about Silsbee offense and defense....I truly beleive the coaching staff is trying different things to see what works and are evaluating players to just see what they have to work with.....Non-district games are just that (games to get better before district)....I will not throw the coaches under the  bus because of 1 game....We will get better as time goes on,beleive that...it isn't easy to come in as a new coach and immediately take up where the last regime left off....Tiger fans are "spoiled"...this is an entirely different team from last year....we will get better as long as we support the team and coaches .....

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I've seen what Bridge City had at the underling levels last year...  Nothing at all to be concerned about, unless they have talented underclassmen, but then again, they were destroyed by Silsbee, right?    To the BC fan, maybe you need to pick your battles more wisely...

Not sure what BC underclassmen have to do with BC this year. BC returns 17 starters from last year, and their Jv was 9-1 last year