Lumberton at Silsbee/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

6 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Jones could have started at Central or Ozen last season. He was the best QB in Beaumont last year easily. He attended Legacy because that's where his parents wanted him to go. Your concern for him going from Legacy to 4A is crazy. He has played against higher level schools before. He didn't get all those offers for nothing! 

I don't know if its drugs you're taking or drugs you need to be taking. Smh... I like Tre a lot. I've been watching him since his junior season at the Beaumont Bulls. If he could have started at any of the three Beaumont schools, he would be playing there now! Hell he was at West Brook and Central before going to Legacy. I know you're a Silsbee homer, but please stop with this foolishness. Smdh...

6 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

I don't know if its drugs you're taking or drugs you need to be taking. Smh... I like Tre a lot. I've been watching him since his junior season at the Beaumont Bulls. If he could have started at any of the three Beaumont schools, he would be playing there now! Hell he was at West Brook and Central before going to Legacy. I know you're a Silsbee homer, but please stop with this foolishness. Smdh...

No drugs bro!!! Just wait and see when the season starts. I think the kid is better than most of you think. 

On August 12, 2016 at 10:54 AM, biaplayer said:

9 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Yes

24 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Serious question: is the person or persons involved with the development of Dontre Thomas still over in Silsbee? 

He shouldn't have left Legacy for Silsbee in my opinion. He got his offers while playing for Legacy. Coach Espree was good for T. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
15 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hey what happened to him when he left West Virginia since he couldn't see the field as QB? Last I heard he went to Blinn, never heard about him again. 

I got curious also, and found this great article. Made me feel good for him after dealing with so much strife.

This is the hidden content, please

16 hours ago, Scatright said:

I'm looking at Legacy's schedule now, where are those top ranked schools? I am also looking at his offers, and I am wondering why we are getting so excited about those schools? Any offer is a big deal, but those offers don't necessarily make Jones the second coming of Jeremy Johnson. Can you imagine if Jeremy Johnson had played his sophomore and junior years at Legacy? He would've been completely untouchable. Johnson is a D1 QB, and Jones hasn't yet proven worthy of that label. You have to take your Silsbee underwear off and look at this objectively. There is nothing at Legacy that has prepared this kid for what he will face on Friday nights this fall. As I stated before, he is the biggest question mark on this team.

I think a lot of private school ball gets blowed out of the water its great athletes that goes that route. And the kid is an athlete just like his father was I'm pretty sure his dad would not have let him come if he didn't think he was ready he might start slow but he will figure out.

Many times people change schools because they are seeking "exposure".  Jones already has a couple of FBS offers so I doubt that was the motivation.  The move might have been to get the kid experience against tougher opponents which he will get in Texas 4A.  Regardless, I think Jones will benefit from playing tougher competition and Silsbee will certainly benefit from having him as their QB.  He is a very good QB with an incredibly high ceiling.  Good luck to Jones and to the Tigers.

50 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Many times people change schools because they are seeking "exposure".  Jones already has a couple of FBS offers so I doubt that was the motivation.  The move might have been to get the kid experience against tougher opponents which he will get in Texas 4A.  Regardless, I think Jones will benefit from playing tougher competition and Silsbee will certainly benefit from having him as their QB.  He is a very good QB with an incredibly high ceiling.  Good luck to Jones and to the Tigers.

Perhaps he didn't transfer to Silsbee for exposure in football but for a different sport. My guess is that why not play better competition in football but yet get a chance to win a state title in basketball.   

• 2 weeks later...
On August 13, 2016 at 2:15 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

I'll take Silsbee getting 39. $500??

Lmao!

On August 13, 2016 at 3:48 PM, NDOMAKONG said:

Never seen a line move from 39 to 13 so fast

Lmao

On August 13, 2016 at 2:37 PM, BADSANTA said:

Put your money where your mouth is. I got $1500 saying that won't come close to happening. 

I don't have to say much to you, you embarrass yourself lmao! Try to tell y'all Silsbee can't compete