Lumberton at Silsbee/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I have Central, PAM, Nederland, and Vidor/PN-G/Ozen

We should beat ozen as we did last year by a lot with Calvin Tyler, and we'll do the same to Vidor. They returned a lot of starters on offense, but so did we on defense.. The only ones to shut down their run game.

3 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

We should beat ozen as we did last year by a lot with Calvin Tyler, and we'll do the same to Vidor. They returned a lot of starters on offense, but so did we on defense.. The only ones to shut down their run game.

L-Train was Senior heavy last year.  Those guys are gone...  And Ozen return a fair amount of players in both sides of the ball...  I don't see it being a repeat of last year...

59 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...they said it was a fumble...  Both knees was on the ground then he took a hit and the ball came loose...  That's NOT the definition of a fumble.  Just saying...

TASO is hurting for refs. If you can see it that good from the stands, you should sign up. :)

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

Defensive Opinions:

I'm still not to clear on the full picture but here goes.

Silsbee played 3-4 for whole scrimmage, I believe. 

Lots of new faces on this defense. Don't have all the names for sure so just bear with.   I'm almost positive that Hagen, McCain & Newton are only returning starters, Most people didn't know that. Two new safeties, one being Tyler. New outside corner with Newton, Thomas playing weak side LB and Dillon playing the Mike LB.  Lots of changes in personnel and we'll... only way is up compared to last year.

No blitzing and played straight zone, of course I could have missed a change.

It was an uneventful defensive performance that left much to the imagination as McCain didn't crash or rush up field much due to offensive sets of lumberton. No down field passing other than typical in and out patterns, middle screens and straight down field rushing with a bootleg here and there.

Won't speculate on reason for no defensive changes, just noticed that Coach Allen didn't berate or change styles so can only say he expected what was happening.

Kicker is Soph Brady Carter and yes, it's a work in progress.  One other change, since Mackey is gone punting duties went to Jones III.

Jmo

That many going both ways was hoping we would be able to get away from that some.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

L-Train was Senior heavy last year.  Those guys are gone...  And Ozen return a fair amount of players in both sides of the ball...  I don't see it being a repeat of last year...

We were Senior heavy last year but those seniors had the better part of their soph & jr years wasted.  I'd rather have a younger team that has been coached the right way over a veteran team coached the wrong way.  But that's just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

We were Senior heavy last year but those seniors had the better part of their soph & jr years wasted.  I'd rather have a younger team that has been coached the right way over a veteran team coached the wrong way.  But that's just my opinion.

+1000!!!

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I agree, Nerdland fans used to do it. Gets tiring after awhile dont it? Lmao

...and no one is blaming the refs...  I just said 2 calls were questionable, in my opinion.  

And I'm replying to you and not that other guy because I don't entertain foolishness from jackarses....