Lumberton at Silsbee/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

9 minutes ago, Scatright said:

How has Jones looked?

Needs to get his timing down. Everyone says he will have problems adjusting to faster defenses, well imo he's having issues adjusting to his fast receivers.

He threw two interceptions that weren't necessarily his fault. Threw a long td pass to Barnes, but it was under thrown a little.. Against a faster defender that could have been picked off or knocked down.

Hopefully he'll get his timing and deep ball down, and he should be alright 

1 minute ago, ST413 said:

Not worried at all at this point. Was just a scrimmage.  Missing 2 out of 3 of those receivers and adjusting to them at this point.  My questions are: how did the o line look, and how did the defense look.

O-line didn't look too good. And second string was even worse, so if a starter gets hurt... Good luck. I'm hoping for yalls sake it was a lot of blown assignments and not lack of blocking!

With one returning starter, they aren't going to look very good. You just have to hope they have the ability to get better. I hope the Silsbee faithful are seeing the importance of that O-line. Even a kid like Tyler can't get going without his boys up front. I'd also imagine that may have had an effect on Jones accuracy as well. Just a guess.

1 minute ago, Gasilla said:

With one returning starter, they aren't going to look very good. You just have to hope they have the ability to get better. I hope the Silsbee faithful are seeing the importance of that O-line. Even a kid like Tyler can't get going without his boys up front. I'd also imagine that may have had an effect on Jones accuracy as well. Just a guess.

One returning starter? Not following

OK sorry, I thought I read 1. That's a really tall order, if you had 1 they would have a leader at least. That's not something to blow off. I don't care what they have behind them. It's won in the trenches. A bad first outing against another opponent is really expected in a situation like that.

I do find this interesting. After talking with a few who were in attendance, there were quite a few coaching staffs in the stands scouting this scrimmage.

Now I understand why PN-G, Huffman, BC and a couple of other staffs were there, but why was WO-S staff there? They don't play Lumberton and the Silsbee game is a week 4 non-district game.

Now before anyone gets their panties in a wad, Silsbee will probably be at the WO-S/PN-G scrimmage tonight, scouting their week 1 opponent. ;)

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

^^ I guess WOS was there for the same reason some of Silsbee players were at midnight madness in west orange till 2 or 3 in the morning 

Kids I can understand. Contrary to popular belief, some of those kids are friends with each other. Both teams players have made it clear they are looking forward to playing each other.