Mississippi has taken a bold step to defend religious liberty

LumRaiderFan

1 hour ago, gohornets23 said:

Yes the evil liberals are taking away your right to treat people badly based on their sexual preference...christians are the victims and the world is out to get them. The idea of religious "liberty" is stupid, nobody is saying you can't be christian, you just cant make other people have to follow the same dumb rules that you do because of the fables you choose to believe in. These laws will never hold up and those who wrote them know it, its the dying swipe of an outdated worldview. Why don't ya'll just get with the times, sleep in on sundays and join the rest of us in rational thought? there is plenty of room for you. You can truss this thing up as a "government overreach into private business" as much as you want to, but its about you being scared that your religion will no longer be the king of our culture...it wont, ever again, let it go man

Hornets- Can you tell me what religion and/or religious values helped to mold what this country became?

15 hours ago, nappyroots said:

Some people on this board that claim to be christians but spew hatred towards others, is this what a christian would do?

Im not spewing any hatred towards anyone, And just because Christians stand by their beliefs doesn't mean they hate someone.  Why can't Christians disagree with something without being called haters.  Its not that the couple is gay that the cake didn't get sold to them it was because it was a wedding cake for a marriage in which the Christians believe marriage to be between Man and Woman. 

21 hours ago, gohornets23 said:

Yes the evil liberals are taking away your right to treat people badly based on their sexual preference...christians are the victims and the world is out to get them. The idea of religious "liberty" is stupid, nobody is saying you can't be christian, you just cant make other people have to follow the same dumb rules that you do because of the fables you choose to believe in. These laws will never hold up and those who wrote them know it, its the dying swipe of an outdated worldview. Why don't ya'll just get with the times, sleep in on sundays and join the rest of us in rational thought? there is plenty of room for you. You can truss this thing up as a "government overreach into private business" as much as you want to, but its about you being scared that your religion will no longer be the king of our culture...it wont, ever again, let it go man

I tell my kids no all the time ....uh ohh better make a law I cannot tell my kids no, because I am treating them badly.

I know cause majority is always right.....correct?  Please go volunteer at an outreach center, please go sign up to sub at a school on all levels I see confusion daily.... 

TIMES....well then whats big with times now.....medical transformation M/F  F/M, killing in the name of alah, killing babies, sexual interactions....  YOUR RIGHT LETS GET WITH THE TIMES.....so riveting. 

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:58 AM, gohornets23 said:

Join the rest of us in rational thought?  Would that include Bernie Sanders, Caitlin Jenner, Al Sharpton, and Rachel Dolezal?

10 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Im not spewing any hatred towards anyone, And just because Christians stand by their beliefs doesn't mean they hate someone.  Why can't Christians disagree with something without being called haters.  Its not that the couple is gay that the cake didn't get sold to them it was because it was a wedding cake for a marriage in which the Christians believe marriage to be between Man and Woman. 

I don't think it's hate, but just because it makes someone uncomfortable isn't a reason to discriminate.  How does baking a cake mean that somebody agrees  with or somehow condones a lifestyle.  Just like the gay/les bunch, these people are just trying to make a statement.  

33 minutes ago, westend1 said:

I don't think it's hate, but just because it makes someone uncomfortable isn't a reason to discriminate.  How does baking a cake mean that somebody agrees  with or somehow condones a lifestyle.  Just like the gay/les bunch, these people are just trying to make a statement.  

I can only speculate on why they choose not to bake the cake.   Each individual Christian (as well as others), have their own beliefs about a lot of things.   I'm confident that most Christian bakers would have made this cake.   But to these particular folks, it appears that to bake this cake was like a participation in the ceremony, which they consider to be a sin.   To them, they were saving their souls for eternity. 

I'm not asking you to agree with me, or them.    I just wanted you to understand why they did what they did.   It wasn't condoning, or not, the couples lifestyle.  To them, it was much bigger than that.  

38 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I can only speculate on why they choose not to bake the cake.   Each individual Christian (as well as others), have their own beliefs about a lot of things.   I'm confident that most Christian bakers would have made this cake.   But to these particular folks, it appears that to bake this cake was like a participation in the ceremony, which they consider to be a sin.   To them, they were saving their souls for eternity. 

I'm not asking you to agree with me, or them.    I just wanted you to understand why they did what they did.   It wasn't condoning, or not, the couples lifestyle.  To them, it was much bigger than that.  

You don't know that.  These people were possibly just attention seekers.    I don't see them any differently than the couple who complained about it.  Just not enough info to make that call.

1 hour ago, westend1 said:

You don't know that.  These people were possibly just attention seekers.    I don't see them any differently than the couple who complained about it.  Just not enough info to make that call.

No, I don't know that.   I stated that on my first line.   The remainder of the post was based on that.    Your post stated why they had no reason to do what they did.  I was merely showing you another possibility that, if true, should be valid.   "Not enough info to make that call".   I agree, but the but the court in Oregon made the call.   Based on what little I read, in Oregon there's not Any Reason good enough.   And that is probably why Mississippi has this law, for without it, Christian beliefs can be trampled.

The court ruled they discriminated against the gay couple.   IF their refusal was based on their belief that they would be committing a grievous sin, then They are being discriminated against by the courts judgement (Govt refusal of religious rights).   That's the problem you have when the Govt starts deciding who all is protected and you have overlapping rights.   Someone gets the shaft.   Now the LGBT is the current flavor of the month, but not the right to abuse everyone else's rights.  

10 hours ago, westend1 said:

so are you saying that you can't make a stand for anything... and if you do then your an attention seeker?

12 hours ago, westend1 said:

If your not a believer in the HOLY BIBLE you wouldn't understand.

If I/you choose not to be someone's friend due to their shady past and present or I/you choose not to be part of a certain click or to lend someone money because I/you know they don't ever pay me/you back or I/you choose not to help a stranger out when they have flat tire. 

IM DISCRIMINATING.

I mow yards on the side.  My policy is that my customer doesn't pay me till I get the job done.  I do not except prepayment.  I ve been stiffed before....they lose my service.  IM A DISCRIMINATOR.

11 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

If your not a believer in the HOLY BIBLE you wouldn't understand.

If I/you choose not to be someone's friend due to their shady past and present or I/you choose not to be part of a certain click or to lend someone money because I/you know they don't ever pay me/you back or I/you choose not to help a stranger out when they have flat tire. 

IM DISCRIMINATING.

I mow yards on the side.  My policy is that my customer doesn't pay me till I get the job done.  I do not except prepayment.  I ve been stiffed before....they lose my service.  IM A DISCRIMINATOR.

Dude.  Nobody has any idea what you are trying to say.   Lending money and mowing yards has zero to do with this.  How is it discrimination if you won't mow somebody's yard who has stiffed you?   Have you refused to mow a yard because some black chick was married to a white guy?   Would mowing a gay guys yard somehow mean you condone his lifestyle?  That's what we are talking about.

10 hours ago, westend1 said:

Dude.  Nobody has any idea what you are trying to say.   Lending money and mowing yards has zero to do with this.  How is it discrimination if you won't mow somebody's yard who has stiffed you?   Have you refused to mow a yard because some black chick was married to a white guy?   Would mowing a gay guys yard somehow mean you condone his lifestyle?  That's what we are talking about.

Typical liberal BS...why would you compare interracial marriage to being queer? That in itself shows you have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm sure you just offended every single STRAIGHT black and white person on here by doing so........

41 minutes ago, CraigS said:

Typical liberal BS...why would you compare interracial marriage to being queer? That in itself shows you have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm sure you just offended every single STRAIGHT black and white person on here by doing so........

I doubt it.  They have seen just as much discrimination by you puritans as anybody else.

5 hours ago, westend1 said:

I doubt it.  They have seen just as much discrimination by you puritans as anybody else.

"you puritans" ??? so now you claim to know me like that? You might be surprised.

Just keep changing the subject to fit your liberal agenda....the subject at hand has NOTHING to do with anything or anyone else. Just because you believe or agree with that lifestyle doesn't mean any more than anyone who disagrees or doesn't believe in that lifestyle......and it certainly doesn't mean we would discriminate or condone discrimination in any other situation.

6 hours ago, CraigS said:

I don't at all see why any straight white or black person would be offended by his comments. I doubt people in interracial relationships would either.  Anyone who's been in that type of relationship, especially back in the day, has dealt with discrimination simply because of who they dated.  it's a fair comparison in my opinion, considering that interracial marriage wasn't legalized until 1967, many decades later than it should've been.

12 minutes ago, CraigS said:

"you puritans" ??? so now you claim to know me like that? You might be surprised.

Just keep changing the subject to fit your liberal agenda....the subject at hand has NOTHING to do with anything or anyone else. Just because you believe or agree with that lifestyle doesn't mean any more than anyone who disagrees or doesn't believe in that lifestyle......and it certainly doesn't mean we would discriminate or condone discrimination in any other situation.

Likewise, you have no clue about my "liberal agenda".   You listen to too much Rush and Hannity.   So, you wouldn't condone discrimination in "any other situation", but you condone it here.   Why?   While were are at it, some of your buddies on here think you{ a private individual or non governmental corporation}should be able to deny services for any reason.   Race,  sexual orientation, religion,  etc.   Do you agree with that?

And by the way, I don't gives a rodents a$$ what lifestyle you believe in.

Just now, bullets13 said:

I don't at all see why any straight white or black person would be offended by his comments. I doubt people in interracial relationships would either.  Anyone who's been in that type of relationship, especially back in the day, has dealt with discrimination simply because of who they dated.  it's a fair comparison in my opinion, considering that interracial marriage wasn't legalized until 1967, many decades later than it should've been.

because, the main point of this discussion is the SIN of it. So by comparing the two, you are making the claim that interracial relations are also a sin........but that's ok, I understand the agenda, but one has nothing to do with the other. 

4 minutes ago, CraigS said:

because, the main point of this discussion is the SIN of it. So by comparing the two, you are making the claim that interracial relations are also a sin........but that's ok, I understand the agenda, but one has nothing to do with the other. 

He's not comparing them as sin, he's comparing them as acts that hurt nobody else, but people have tried to make them illegal simply because they made them uncomfortable.  I dated a black girl briefly back in the good old days of 1999 and took crap for it.  not 1969.  1999.  So when I see what homosexuals deal with, I understand, and take no offense at all when people compare interracial relationships to homosexuality, because they're not comparing the actions, they're comparing other people's reactions.