Mississippi has taken a bold step to defend religious liberty

LumRaiderFan

1 hour ago, baddog said:

I get offended all the time and also feel a victim of oppression because I have values and principles. To play the victim role (woe is me), you have to have ANTI in front of everything and be in the minority. Stand FOR absolutely nothing......such an easy route.

Sir, if you are a white Christian with traditional values, you have no right to be offended.  You can only be the one who offends.  You have been raised with all of the advantages and have done so at the expense of the less fortunate.  Your "privileged" lifestyle has been detrimental to others and prevented them from having a "fair shot" in this world.

5 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

OK, here we go...this is what I believe and why.

The Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin...just one of many I agree, but a sin.

It would make no sense to me for God to create someone that was born to live a life of sin by design...that's why I believe it to be a lifestyle choice and not genetic.

So there it is...don't hate anyone, but I think someone should have the freedom to not do anything (such as cater a gay wedding) that goes against their religious beliefs.

That's what I believe and why.

I think we are all born into sin many today are born because of sin. I think we all carry certain burdens just up to us to let it over come us or bring us closer to God. 

You can argue the left agenda this or Muslim agenda that buy Christians push their religion on the masses too.(Not as to the extreme as radical terrorist )

9 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

OK, here we go...this is what I believe and why.

The Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin...just one of many I agree, but a sin.

It would make no sense to me for God to create someone that was born to live a life of sin by design...that's why I believe it to be a lifestyle choice and not genetic.

So there it is...don't hate anyone, but I think someone should have the freedom to not do anything (such as cater a gay wedding) that goes against their religious beliefs.

That's what I believe and why.

And it's exactly what I thought it was.   You religion is the correct one, so everybody should live by what is said in the book you choose to believe.   No science involved in you opinions.       Awesome.

52 minutes ago, westend1 said:

And it's exactly what I thought it was.   You religion is the correct one, so everybody should live by what is said in the book you choose to believe.   No science involved in you opinions.       Awesome.

Nope...no one HAS to live by my religion...you don't do you?

Of course if you had your way, Christians would HAVE to participate in activities they don't agree with.

And there is no science in your opinion.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

What religion does not believe theirs is the right one?

LOL.   That's the point.  Out of dozens of major religions that have existed, hasn't almost every one gotten a few things wrong?   But yet, some people can be convinced that not only do they have it right, but they know everything about it is correct.

Christians don't claim to be perfect. In fact, we know we are not and ask for repentance everyday. You'll forgive me if I don't follow your point. Please name the religion that openly accepts homosexuality. I'm going to guess none, so shame on those bad old Christians.

14 minutes ago, baddog said:

Christians don't claim to be perfect. In fact, we know we are not and ask for repentance everyday. You'll forgive me if I don't follow your point. Please name the religion that openly accepts homosexuality. I'm going to guess none, so shame on those bad old Christians.

You clearly misread.  It's not Christians I am talking about.  It's all religions.  They all think they know what is best or right or moral.   In fact, it was just men who made the rules.   You have every right to believe in all the old fables, just don't use it as a way to discriminate.

3 minutes ago, baddog said:

I see no one going after any other religions. 

So all the people of all the religions of the world are wrong. Unbelievable.

The people of the left believe that if their son is in a 100 piece marching band and he is the only one out of step that it is the fault of the other 99. Amazing.

So are the Muslims wrong about Muhammed?  Did he really fly to Mecca?   How about the Mormons?  Do you believe the story about the golden tablets?   Be honest.

49 minutes ago, westend1 said:

You clearly misread.  It's not Christians I am talking about.  It's all religions.  They all think they know what is best or right or moral.   In fact, it was just men who made the rules.   You have every right to believe in all the old fables, just don't use it as a way to discriminate.

And don't carry discrimination accusations to an extreme.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:08 AM, TxHoops said:

Individual States were not referenced by me. Only "a majority of the citizens of this country."  Of course, maybe these Gallup people are new to this thing called polling and it really is bogus. :D

This is the hidden content, please

59 minutes ago, gohornets23 said:

Isn't the bible thumpers whole point that there is a "war on christianity" and they are being unfairly persecuted by the evil liberal media cultural machine?

who exactly is claiming victimhood? 

If your suggestion is, in fact, accurate, please give a few examples of the "thumpers" protesting and making such claims.  The only thing I have seen about the "thumpers" is characterizations of them such as you have just done.

11 minutes ago, stevenash said:

If your suggestion is, in fact, accurate, please give a few examples of the "thumpers" protesting and making such claims.  The only thing I have seen about the "thumpers" is characterizations of them such as you have just done.

The topic of this thread states that Mississippi is defending religious liberty, what are they defending themselves from? 

10 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

This...

This is the hidden content, please

Yes the evil liberals are taking away your right to treat people badly based on their sexual preference...christians are the victims and the world is out to get them. The idea of religious "liberty" is stupid, nobody is saying you can't be christian, you just cant make other people have to follow the same dumb rules that you do because of the fables you choose to believe in. These laws will never hold up and those who wrote them know it, its the dying swipe of an outdated worldview. Why don't ya'll just get with the times, sleep in on sundays and join the rest of us in rational thought? there is plenty of room for you. You can truss this thing up as a "government overreach into private business" as much as you want to, but its about you being scared that your religion will no longer be the king of our culture...it wont, ever again, let it go man

9 minutes ago, gohornets23 said:

Yes the evil liberals are taking away your right to treat people badly based on their sexual preference...christians are the victims and the world is out to get them. The idea of religious "liberty" is stupid, nobody is saying you can't be christian, you just cant make other people have to follow the same dumb rules that you do because of the fables you choose to believe in. These laws will never hold up and those who wrote them know it, its the dying swipe of an outdated worldview. Why don't ya'll just get with the times, sleep in on sundays and join the rest of us in rational thought? there is plenty of room for you. You can truss this thing up as a "government overreach into private business" as much as you want to, but its about you being scared that your religion will no longer be the king of our culture...it wont, ever again, let it go man

lol...didn't like my answer?  :)

Oh well...good debate. 

11 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

The right complain just as much as the left. They're taking away my 1st and 2nd amendment pushing homosexual on me making it hard to be a Christian etc etc. a complainer just doesn't wanna hear anyone else complain. 

One would think you would be happy that someone is speaking out for OUR rights. The homos are strictly a Christian (majority) problem.