Mississippi has taken a bold step to defend religious liberty

LumRaiderFan

8 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You would guess, guess being the key word.

So on the basis of a guess, progressives want to force laws on folks.

I, for one, am pleased to see the pushback...folks have rights to their religious beliefs.

well, i've talked to many homosexuals who've told me that they were born that way.  never had one tell me that they made a choice.  but I'm sure the occasional propaganda piece about the one homosexual in a hundred who "went straight" is more accurate.

3 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I'm sure I know just as much about it as you do...so why don't you stop.

The only difference is my opinion carries no legislation that says someone must do something that goes against their beliefs.

I am GUESSING that your liberal progressive opinion would.

How many homosexuals have you talked to about this topic?

Just now, bullets13 said:

well, i've talked to many homosexuals who've told me that they were born that way.  never had one tell me that they made a choice.  but I'm sure the occasional propaganda piece about the one homosexual in a hundred who "went straight" is more accurate.

Bottom line is this...I couldn't care less what you or westend or anyone else thinks about whether gays are born that way or not and I'm sure you don't care what I think about it.

My only concern is that liberals try to use this born that way theory to insist someone's rights are infringed on them when they don't get a cake baked for them by someone that doesn't want to because of their religious beliefs...and the sueing begins.

Do you agree they should have to?

7 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

yeah life is hard and unfair......sin makes it that way

And with today's  progressive movement it confuses a child even more.

these silly progressives have these poor kids confused thinking that they shouldn't be discriminated against because of their sexual orientation.  

Just now, LumRaiderFan said:

Bottom line is this...I couldn't care less what you or westend or anyone else thinks about whether gays are born that way or not and I'm sure you don't care what I think about it.

My only concern is that liberals try to use this born that way theory to insist someone's rights are infringed on them when they don't get a cake baked for them by someone that doesn't want to because of their religious beliefs...and the sueing begins.

I actually fall on both sides on this one.  I don't believe a church should be forced to marry a homosexual couple, and i actually don't have a problem with someone not wanting to cater/make a cake for a homosexual wedding because of their religious beliefs.  This being because the act of homosexuality and the wedding are related, and do in fact go against those folks religions.  That being said, i have a major problem with someone not serving homosexuals in a restaurant or not allowing them in their store.  We all sin, and if you don't want sinners in your place of business, then shut it down and go dig a bunker somewhere and crawl into it.  Sexual orientation and religious beliefs have nothing to do with pumping gas or eating dinner, and the gas station owner who will not serve a homosexual but sells a daily twelve pack to a neighborhood drunk is a prime example of hypocrisy, not christianity.  So to recap: if the behavior that is against your religion is directly related to the service that you're being asked to perform, then i don't have a problem with the refusal.  if it's not related at all, then you're no better than business owners who made blacks eat behind the restaurant or drink from a separate water fountain.

4 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

How many homosexuals have you talked to about this topic?

2 (both in my family) what does that have to do with anything?

If I interviewed 1000 men that say they were born preferring the company of young men, would you buy it?

Christian's beliefs about homosexuality is based upon the Bible, not the opinions of homosexuals.

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

2 (both in my family) what does that have to do with anything?

If I interviewed 1000 men that say they were born preferring the company of young men, would you buy it?

Christian's beliefs about homosexuality is based upon the Bible, not the opinions of homosexuals.

many Christians sure have a lot stronger beliefs about homosexuality than they do about the multitude of sins that they're committing daily in their own lives.

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

I actually fall on both sides on this one.  I don't believe a church should be forced to marry a homosexual couple, and i actually don't have a problem with someone not wanting to cater/make a cake for a homosexual wedding because of their religious beliefs.  This being because the act of homosexuality and the wedding are related, and do in fact go against those folks religions.  That being said, i have a major problem with someone not serving homosexuals in a restaurant or not allowing them in their store.  We all sin, and if you don't want sinners in your place of business, then shut it down and go dig a bunker somewhere and crawl into it.  Sexual orientation and religious beliefs have nothing to do with pumping gas or eating dinner, and the gas station owner who will not serve a homosexual but sells a daily twelve pack to a neighborhood drunk is a prime example of hypocrisy, not christianity.  So to recap: if the behavior that is against your religion is directly related to the service that you're being asked to perform, then i don't have a problem with the refusal.  if it's not related at all, then you're no better than business owners who made blacks eat behind the restaurant or drink from a separate water fountain.

There's that poor comparison so often used by progressives...nothing to do with one another.

So let the owners make this bad decision not to serve gays if they so choose...if the overwhelming number of folks disagree with that point of view like so many insist they will, problem solved, they are out of business.

like Chic-fil-A :)

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

many Christians sure have a lot stronger beliefs about homosexuality than they do about the multitude of sins that they're committing daily in their own lives.

We all sin....doesn't make it right whose doing the sinning Christian or non Christian but Govt is trying to make and force laws upon Christians.

23 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

There's that poor comparison so often used by progressives...nothing to do with one another.

So let the owners make this bad decision not to serve gays if they so choose...if the overwhelming number of folks disagree with that point of view like so many insist they will, problem solved, they are out of business.

like Chic-fil-A :)

they have everything to do with one another.  

It really comes down to this do you think your God will condemn you for baking a gay a cake. In all seriousness I'm sure Jesus would bake a gay a cake. 

Now let's say my religion is ____ It teaches against all races that aren't mines. (Are we ready to play these type games. 

What would Jesus do..... bake the cake.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I agree with you as well on weddings and related activities for religious reasons.  However, this has never been illegal to refuse in ANY state to my knowledge so no legislation was necessary.   And I think any future legislation outlawing it would not withstand legal scrutiny based upon freedom of religion afforded by the Constitution. 

15 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

It really comes down to this do you think your God will condemn you for baking a gay a cake. In all seriousness I'm sure Jesus would bake a gay a cake. 

Now let's say my religion is ____ It teaches against all races that aren't mines. (Are we ready to play these type games. 

What would Jesus do..... bake the cake.

And if they don't, what are the consequences...that is the question.

5 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Let it be known that they choose not to bake them a cake because they're gay. Don't hide behind your religion because like I said Jesus would bake a gay a cake. 

Would He cater a full blown gay wedding...doubt it.

Some folks are uncomfortable doing this, they are not hiding behind their religion.

If they choose not to participate, that should be their right, plain and simple.

4 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Would He cater a full blown gay wedding...doubt it.

Some folks are uncomfortable doing this, they are not hiding behind their religion.

If they choose not to participate, that should be their right, plain and simple.

Yes I'm sure the majority of reasonable people understand this. 

But what about not allowing someone in your restaurant gas station etc. It's just a front they should be man/woman enough to say I'm not serving you because you're gay. Don't hide behind religion. 

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I agree with you b13.  The fact of a business having to cater/bake for a gay wedding is, in my opinion, an infringement on the religious rights of the owner.  What hacks me off is this "in your face" attitude of to many homosexuals, especially since they've got this "endangered species" law that protects them like the infamous snail darter minnow.   If I was at a Jewish bakery & they refused to make me a cake with a cross on it, I'd simply go to another bakery.  Not the LGBT bunch.  They'll sue you.  

Before anyone ask, I only "know" one homosexual, a young man that graduated with my daughter.  I've always liked him, and yes we all sin.  I wouldn't object to a homosexual preacher or priest if they were celibate.  I'm at a loss how a church could condone it if that preacher or priest was actively engaged in homosexual activity.  

Born that way?   I think some are, and some make a choice.  From a Christian standpoint, still sinning.  But I can't throw a stone.  If I did, it'd be at the Fed Govt. 

11 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Yes I'm sure the majority of reasonable people understand this. 

But what about not allowing someone in your restaurant gas station etc. It's just a front they should be man/woman enough to say I'm not serving you because you're gay. Don't hide behind religion. 

Agree, if you are going to do this, explain why...actually that would be what you should do as a Christian.

No bashing, just explain it...this is what I believe, and why.