Mississippi has taken a bold step to defend religious liberty

LumRaiderFan

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 1:30 PM, bullets13 said:

I like how Christians use Christianity to justify discrimination and outrage at certain groups of sinners, but don't use it to discriminate against the ones they like to partake in.  

...So should we say all muslims are terrorist as well.   Again like ive said, Christians are sinners as well. Some sin more than others, but either way its still wrong.  NO matter what sin is being committed its still a sin.  Your justification is "well they get a way with it(Christians that sin) so why can't we.  2 wrong s don't make it right...ever heard that before.

There is always bad representatives of every entity, race, group, sector, community, team, etc.  so are you stereotyping, profiling, etc?   

HMMMMMM 

10 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Not sure who gets to make that decision. But I'm confident that if all of a sudden privileged white males were no longer allowed to be members of high end country clubs the republicans would get to the bottom of it and determine exactly who gets to make that decision.  

So you are not sure?  Good- It "appeared" as though you are/were an advocate of more and more government intervention/intrusion.  What makes one a "privileged" white male?

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:39 PM, bullets13 said:

My biggest issue with it is the lack of criticism on the other sinful issues that are more comfortable to conservatives.  If you're going to live a puritan lifestyle and denounce all sin, take the steps necessary to avoid all of it, discriminate against all of it... then by all means use your religion to do so.  but as is often the case, their own lives and lifestyles leave them no room to talk when it comes to the sinful lifestyles of others.  The best example is the "Good Christian Woman" that garnered support of conservatives all over the country for refusing to issue marriage licences to homosexuals.  It's against her religion, and i could respect that, except... she's on her fourth marriage.  So what right does she have to make any effort at all to protect the sanctity of marriage, or determine whether or not somebody else should be allowed to do or not do something based on the will of God?  

I get that and I see why many bring this up and rightfully so.  either way one momma lets her lil johnny run wild in the neighbor hood committing small misdemeanors while the other momma doesn't allow lil joey to do that.  But lil johnny is lil joey's friend and lil joey ask momma "well lil johnny's momma allows him to so why can't I?"

18 hours ago, bullets13 said:

If it was just one guy, i wouldn't be labeling all Christians.  Truth be told, i've seen hundreds of Christians drunk, hundreds of Christians hating gays, dozens of Christians cheating... and those are just the ones that make it into the public eye.  But if you show me the Christian who doesn't sin, i'll be happy to amend my remarks.  

as to the second highlighted point, sure you can recognize others' sins.  but if you're devoting more energy to damning others for their sin than correcting your own, you dang sure are a hypocrite (and by you i'm talking about any Christian, not necessarily yourself).

On another note, i attended church 2-3 times a week from the age of 12 until i graduated college (and still do occasionally).  I graduated from a conservative Baptist college, and 24 of my college hours were earned taking Christian/Bible courses.  I also went to chapel while i was there twice a week for 4.5 years on top of regular church services.  So it's safe to say I'm well-versed in conservative Christianity and it's beliefs and teachings. 

WOW.

I do not think God wants his people to sit by silently and watch their society and government embrace cultures that conflict with his will.

By the same token, I don’t think he wants us condemning sin or sinners without first sharing His love.

What Christians know about Christianity means very little without knowing Gods will which comes from a personal relationship with him. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

56 minutes ago, mat said:

I do not think God wants his people to sit by silently and watch their society and government embrace cultures that conflict with his will.

By the same token, I don’t think he wants us condemning sin or sinners without first sharing His love.

What Christians know about Christianity means very little without knowing Gods will which comes from a personal relationship with him. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Can I get a amen

On 4/28/2016 at 7:28 PM, bullets13 said:

eating cake isn't a sin, but we're defending Christians' rights to not make it for certain sinners.  Drinking alcohol isn't a sin, but drunkenness is, and as you point out, drunkenness also often leads to more sins. It only makes sense that Christians would not be selling/buying/drinking alcohol with all of the sinning that is associated it.  I'm not sure what i'm making up.  As for my "agenda", if you can't see the irony and hypocrisy of a person who's in the process of sinning (drunkenness), at a party celebrating the result of sin (a child born out of wedlock), by his step-daughter who's only part of his family due to his and his wife's sin, (divorceX2)  trashing others who commit a sin he doesn't agree with... I'd say you're being deliberately obtuse, or your comprehension skills are as poor as you accuse mine of being.  

I'll tell you my biggest issue with gays as a sin. Most Christians, know they sin, admit to sinning, even if they are sinning and continue said sin....multiple marriages, child out of wed lock, adultery, etc........Gays, they won't admit it is a sin.....fine if you admit it is, and state boldly, I am a sinner and will willfully continue to sin, OR...I'm not a Christian, therefore I don't believe in sin........but STOP denying or acting like it's ok, just because two consensual adults are in love, and that makes it all ok.........the acceptance to gays IMO, is no different than accepting adultery and polygamy. After all all 3 of these pertain to consensual adults that "love" each other.

6 hours ago, CraigS said:

I'll tell you my biggest issue with gays as a sin. Most Christians, know they sin, admit to sinning, even if they are sinning and continue said sin....multiple marriages, child out of wed lock, adultery, etc........Gays, they won't admit it is a sin.....fine if you admit it is, and state boldly, I am a sinner and will willfully continue to sin, OR...I'm not a Christian, therefore I don't believe in sin........but STOP denying or acting like it's ok, just because two consensual adults are in love, and that makes it all ok.........the acceptance to gays IMO, is no different than accepting adultery and polygamy. After all all 3 of these pertain to consensual adults that "love" each other.

this is a reasonable statement.