Head coach opening at HF

LCMAlumtiger32

2 hours ago, LCM17 said:

Over some tough workouts. 

see, thats the problem right there. If any parent in this area wants to gripe about a "tough" workout, drive down Newton street to the back of the WOS fieldhouse from August to December. Then they will see what a real "tough" workout is. All you hear from other places is people saying why cant we be like them? Or how do they continue to do it? Well because we didnt call it a "tough" workout at WOS, we just always called it normal practice. Its a mind set people. Plain and simple. #2015Statechamps is what that gets you......

Sorry, off soap box now. LOL. Just irks me when I hear parents gripe about coaches being too hard on their kids.

2 hours ago, kicker said:

see, thats the problem right there. If any parent in this area wants to gripe about a "tough" workout, drive down Newton street to the back of the WOS fieldhouse from August to December. Then they will see what a real "tough" workout is. All you hear from other places is people saying why cant we be like them? Or how do they continue to do it? Well because we didnt call it a "tough" workout at WOS, we just always called it normal practice. Its a mind set people. Plain and simple. #2015Statechamps is what that gets you......

Sorry, off soap box now. LOL. Just irks me when I hear parents gripe about coaches being too hard on their kids.

+10,000

I'm sure people will be lining up to get involved in that cluster of a school...(sarcasm).  If you think by now that every coach in the entire state hasn't heard that parents at HF started up a criminal investigation against the coaches for "tough workouts".. then you're crazy.  Any coach that's worth anything will stay as far away from that place as possible...and I'm sure they'll spread the word.

Good job HF.  I hope you all realize what's coming.  All this just in time to graduate the only hope of a good football team you had (King)....Again.  Good, good job.

Just now, Uncle Pig said:

Bet they would've won if you were calling the plays

Wait...this reminds me of something.

Oh that's right.  I can't help but think about the time I had some clients tell me what an idiot Gary Kubiak was.  And how he was a disgrace to the coaching world.  And how the Texans would never have a shot at the superbowl with him as head coach.  Someone remind me please...How did Kubiak do this past season.  I'm forgetful these days.

Yep.  This sounds a lot like that.  I just love when people think they can do it better than people being paid to do a job.

So easy to blame coaches.  

10 minutes ago, Pepper Brooks said:

Unbelievable!! Coach had HF in the playoffs for the past 2 yrs, and some angry parents run him off.

Good job HF (sarcasm)

If you would have watched one of their games you would understand this move. It also wasn't just some angry parents, Ive spoke to numerous people from HF and they all wanted this. Lots of other stuff like AAW stated.

18 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

When 4 of the 5 teams make the playoffs, well..............

Other things played into this deal.

That's on UIL..not this coach.  He can't help that it was so watered down.  Don't you think for one second that Houston Scarborough coach don't have on his resume that he broke a whatever long playoff streak.

And to be honest he's WAY better off leaving.  If he caught this much grief imagine if he'd stayed.  And "other things" are irrelevant.  He made the playoffs, I'm sure did all of the things he was assigned to do per his contract, and the criminal charges were dismissed.  Because they were WRONG.  Which just tells me it was a bunch out of shape kids that couldn't hack it.  Don't like it...plenty of room in the band.

I just hope there isn't anything lasting for this guy associated with a bogus criminal investigation.  Those parents need to realize they were messing with someone's livelihood.

And like I said already...good luck getting a good coach to come to this dump after the last guy was criminally charged for "excessive workouts".  And good luck being one of the 4 in a 5 team district without your D1 quarterback.

H-F has been a circus for a while. They can't keep coaches in any sport, the pay is lower then most areas and I assume not much backing by administration. Don't know last part for sure, but it's been a revolving door there amongst coaches in all sports for a while. It's pretty much a training ground for new coaches.

HF people aren't the brightest, I can tell you that.

I was told a story last summer, down at the beach, by a former HF superintendent.....Back in 1974, HF was #1 in the state, Newton was #2, and they were in the same district..  Only 1 team made the playoffs, and Newton beat HF by 1 point or something like that.

Well, the powers to be in HF said #2 wasn't good enough, and they deserved better.  So they ran off a TXHSFB legend in Les Koenning.  Newton went on to win state in 1974, and HF has been fairly unnoticed ever since.