WOS vs Celina State Championship

tennisbc

You back Carthage/Dayton we understand your prediction.

Carthage & Hardin

But yeah, I used to support DISD, as well. I want WO-S to win, trust me. I just can't see it happening.

Tomorrow is game day!

Back to football talk, will WOS mixture of speed/physicality win over Celina's size/physicality? Keys to the game IMO....

1) Contain Celinas QB from running for big yards (something we struggled with last week)

2) O-Line has to give Dallas that extra millisecond to find our playmakers

3) We haven't had to play a full 4 quarters in about 2 months...will this factor in Tomorrow??

4) Its the SC game, no chance in you know what it will be a blowout, therefor...STANGS HAVE TO MAKE EXTRA POINTS

Tomorrow is game day!

Back to football talk, will WOS mixture of speed/physicality win over Celina's size/physicality? Keys to the game IMO....

1) Contain Celinas QB from running for big yards (something we struggled with last week)

2) O-Line has to give Dallas that extra millisecond to find our playmakers

3) We haven't had to play a full 4 quarters in about 2 months...will this factor in Tomorrow??

4) Its the SC game, no chance in you know what it will be a blowout, therefor...STANGS HAVE TO MAKE EXTRA POINTS

Both teams have really good defenses and both have really good offenses.  Kicking is the only edge I see Celina having.  They are not great at kicking but seem to have the edge.  Crazy as it sounds that teams have trouble with extra points but I am afraid it might come down to just that.  Can't wait.  What a match up!!!

Both teams have really good defenses and both have really good offenses.  Kicking is the only edge I see Celina having.  They are not great at kicking but seem to have the edge.  Crazy as it sounds that teams have trouble with extra points but I am afraid it might come down to just that.  Can't wait.  What a match up!!!

I think their kicker is legit. Ill go back and look though.

Carthage & Hardin

But yeah, I used to support DISD, as well. I want WO-S to win, trust me. I just can't see it happening.

Hey, I respect your opinion, but I believe that there are other components that will give WOS the edge that no one has considered, and that is endurance, their determination because people doubt they can do it, and our coaching staff. If you have not seen this team play, then you have no idea what their capabilities are. I dont expect a blow out in this game, but IMO we will have more than a 7 point cushion to get the victory.

Hey, I respect your opinion, but I believe that there are other components that will give WOS the edge that no one has considered, and that is endurance, their determination because people doubt they can do it, and our coaching staff. If you have not seen this team play, then you have no idea what their capabilities are. I dont expect a blow out in this game, but IMO we will have more than a 7 point cushion to get the victory.

I will tell you this.  Celina had not played 4 quarters of football in the playoffs until just last week.  Endurance and determination is important because fatigue makes cowards of us all and Celina had to find that out last week and find that endurance and determination to get through Gilmer.  Gilmer was soul searching as well.  It was a battle from start to end.  Celina had not had four quarters since beating Argyle earlier in the year.  Argyle is playing for the state title tomorrow in the game before Celina and that will be a great game to see also.  Fatigue almost snuck up on Celina but I think they understand that now.  WOS coaches I am sure understand it but players seem to have to find out on the field and sometimes that is too late.  Celina's middle linebacker stated that he has never been that tired at the end of a game and slept most of the weekend to rest up.  16 games 2 scrimmages and two a days take a toll mentally and physically and that is why State champions are so rare and held up in high standards.  Can't wait and glad to be part of it.  Go Bobcats!!!  

Edited by IGTBAYJ

I will tell you this.  Celina had not played 4 quarters of football until just last week.  Endurance and determination is important because fatigue makes cowards of us all and Celina had to find that out last week and find that endurance and determination to get through Gilmer.  Gilmer was soul searching as well.  It was a battle from start to end.  Celina had not had four quarters since beating Argyle earlier in the year.  Argyle is playing for the state title tomorrow in the game before Celina and that will be a great game to see also.  Fatigue almost snuck up on Celina but I think they understand that now.  WOS coaches I am sure understand it but players seem to have to find out on the field and sometimes that is too late.  Cenina's middle linebacker stated that he has never been that tired at the end of a game and slept most of the weekend to rest up.  16 games 2 scrimmages and two a days take a toll mentally and physically and that is why State champions are so rare and held up in high standards.  Can't wait and glad to be part of it.  Go Bobcats!!!  

Exactly! Alot of people dont understand what it takes to even get to the SC game much less win it. We have to remeber, all these kids started practice in early August! Thats a lot of practices and games etc. Very special indeed!

I will tell you this.  Celina had not played 4 quarters of football in the playoffs until just last week.  Endurance and determination is important because fatigue makes cowards of us all and Celina had to find that out last week and find that endurance and determination to get through Gilmer.  Gilmer was soul searching as well.  It was a battle from start to end.  Celina had not had four quarters since beating Argyle earlier in the year.  Argyle is playing for the state title tomorrow in the game before Celina and that will be a great game to see also.  Fatigue almost snuck up on Celina but I think they understand that now.  WOS coaches I am sure understand it but players seem to have to find out on the field and sometimes that is too late.  Cenina's middle linebacker stated that he has never been that tired at the end of a game and slept most of the weekend to rest up.  16 games 2 scrimmages and two a days take a toll mentally and physically and that is why State champions are so rare and held up in high standards.  Can't wait and glad to be part of it.  Go Bobcats!!!  

I can agree with it all except GO Bobcats lol. Go Mustangs!

The town of Celina and schools are shutting down today after school after the send off.  No school tomorrow.  Seems that last one out turns out the lights.  I love it.  The orange wave is headed to Houston!  I hope this game lives up to the billing.  Two heavy weights going at it.  High school football at it's best.  I can see this game having an overtime or two.  I don't think there is a better team in this one.  Just a team that will play better on the given night.  We need a best of five series and I am sure that would not settle this.   

The town of Celina and schools are shutting down today after school after the send off.  No school tomorrow.  Seems that last one out turns out the lights.  I love it.  The orange wave is headed to Houston!  I hope this game lives up to the billing.  Two heavy weights going at it.  High school football at it's best.  I can see this game having an overtime or two.  I don't think there is a better team in this one.  Just a team that will play better on the given night.  We need a best of five series and I am sure that would not settle this.   

I'm understanding the area schools will have early release Friday here in Orange.Thank goodness I still have vacation left.Not that it would matter anyway.lol

Confirmed from their site:

West Orange – Cove CISD will observe a staff/student holiday on Friday, Dec. 18. The West Orange – Stark High School Mustangs will play the Celina Bobcats in the 4A Division 2 State Championship Football game Friday (Dec. 18) at 4 p.m. at NRG Stadium in Houston.

I knew WO-S was.I was refering to other school.