****Carthage vs Silsbee****

I was expecting to read some football talk and not talk about the weather and indoor practice facilities,it's sad that we live in such a soft society. It would not be very sensible to have a team practice indoors when it is supposed to be in the 40's at kickoff on Friday. Both teams needs to tighten up the chin straps and get ready for a hard hitting football game, I would not expect anything less from these 2 teams. Go Dawgs!

I was expecting to read some football talk and not talk about the weather and indoor practice facilities,it's sad that we live in such a soft society. It would not be very sensible to have a team practice indoors when it is supposed to be in the 40's at kickoff on Friday. Both teams needs to tighten up the chin straps and get ready for a hard hitting football game, I would not expect anything less from these 2 teams. Go Dawgs!

I agree. Silsbee will be practicing outside all week. I was only stating that Silsbee does have access to an indoor facility if it was necessary and wouldn't be at a disadvantage to Carthage as for as getting practices in this week.

Hello SETX fans!  This is my first post on this site because my confirmation email was in my Spam folder & I wasn't able to get onboard until now! 

First, about Carthage blowing Silsbee out of the water this Friday night; I think that's going a tad overboard. We are both coming down to the nitty gritty & those one sided victories are probably not going to happen here. 

The Navasota game was a war between two evenly matched adversaries who were playing Life or Death for the chance to advance. No One in th' place had a Clue who was leaving as the winner until Eppler fumbled the pitchout to the RB on their final drive toward the goal with 1:02 left to play! 

Being a Carthage "homer", I have us as a 10 point favorite. I just hope everyone stays safe both to & from the game, & hope we have a good clean penalty free game & may the winner advance to the Championship & take the Crown!

Hello SETX fans!  This is my first post on this site because my confirmation email was in my Spam folder & I wasn't able to get onboard until now! 

First, about Carthage blowing Silsbee out of the water this Friday night; I think that's going a tad overboard. We are both coming down to the nitty gritty & those one sided victories are probably not going to happen here. 

The Navasota game was a war between two evenly matched adversaries who were playing Life or Death for the chance to advance. No One in th' place had a Clue who was leaving as the winner until Eppler fumbled the pitchout to the RB on their final drive toward the goal with 1:02 left to play! 

Being a Carthage "homer", I have us as a 10 point favorite. I just hope everyone stays safe both to & from the game, & hope we have a good clean penalty free game & may the winner advance to the Championship & take the Crown!

Try not to get thrown in Shawshank here too lol 

I I generally refrain from making predictions on a point spread,  especially on the football side, especially in a case like this where I really know little about the opponent other than a comparison on common opponents.  High school age young men make this even more unpredictable.  Too many possibilities.  I hope this is a good safe game for all involve.  As far as these predictions of a Carthage blowout,  I will be surprised if that happens.  This offense is just too good and too explosive for that to happen.  Maybe defensive wise we are a little weaker but we did make some key plays.  What kind of game do I expect?  Another high scoring game where the outcome isn't clear until well into the second half.  Maybe the score will be like our score vs WOS and the point spread will be a little wider than the game indicated most of the way through it and maybe it will be another like both these teams played last week.  Hopefully it will be a good clean, safe game where officiating isn't questionable and the team who plays better wins.  If it ends up being Carthage....congratulations but this years Tigers deserve a lot more respect than some of you are showing.  Good luck and safe travels to all!  Oh. And Let's Goooo Tigers!!

I I generally refrain from making predictions on a point spread,  especially on the football side, especially in a case like this where I really know little about the opponent other than a comparison on common opponents.  High school age young men make this even more unpredictable.  Too many possibilities.  I hope this is a good safe game for all involve.  As far as these predictions of a Carthage blowout,  I will be surprised if that happens.  This offense is just too good and too explosive for that to happen.  Maybe defensive wise we are a little weaker but we did make some key plays.  What kind of game do I expect?  Another high scoring game where the outcome isn't clear until well into the second half.  Maybe the score will be like our score vs WOS and the point spread will be a little wider than the game indicated most of the way through it and maybe it will be another like both these teams played last week.  Hopefully it will be a good clean, safe game where officiating isn't questionable and the team who plays better wins.  If it ends up being Carthage....congratulations but this years Tigers deserve a lot more respect than some of you are showing.  Good luck and safe travels to all!  Oh. And Let's Goooo Tigers!!

Silsbee has my respect that they have earned this year. Carthage did not look that good at the beginning of the season and I figured they would get knocked out the 1st or 2nd round. They proved me wrong and we are deep in the playoffs again. I hope the fans all have safe travels, see everyone at the game. Go Dawgs!

Carthage wins this by three touchdowns.  Just like last year a 94a team sends Silsbee  to the basketball  courts with the rest of us .

Silsbee is already playing Basketball (Ranked #1 in the state) but that is for another part of the forum:)

Carthage may very well win, but it will not be by 3 TD's

Carthage will win by 14, it will be close the first half and then the 2nd half Carthage will be too much. If and when I am wrong, I will be man enough to admit it and congratulate Silsbee. Carthage's O and D lines will simply wear out Silbee's lines. We all know that defense wins big games, and Carthage's defense has gotten better every week and will be the difference in the game. The Carthage quarterback weighs more than most of your guys, I was not very impressed with the size of Silsbees O and D lines on the videos that I watched on MaxPrep. Silsbee definitely has impressive speed that will create havoc on several plays on offensive and defense, but Carthage has too many weapons that you will not be able to contain. Good luck. Go Dawgs!