****Carthage vs Silsbee****

I would be willing to bet that if any SETX school has to facilities to help another SETX school in a long playoff run, the answer would NEVER be no! We stick together down here. Go Silsbee!!!!!

P.S., I have a nice sized carport yall can practice in.....you know, because no way you will win if you dont practice under a roof this week. Sunny or not, no indoor, no A/C= No win. LOL, yeah right

And the Lumberdome looks nice but I dont see how you could put 25 yards of turf in there much less 100 yrds. Maybe its just an optical illusion but didnt seem big enough when I last saw it(right before completion) when my daughter had a little dribbler tourney there last year or the year before.

And the Lumberdome looks nice but I dont see how you could put 25 yards of turf in there much less 100 yrds. Maybe its just an optical illusion but didnt seem big enough when I last saw it(right before completion) when my daughter had a little dribbler tourney there last year or the year before.

it's not the dome, it's the bigger rectangular building back by the baseball field. The dome is for performing arts.

But seriously this thread is out of control... Carthage fans declaring victory before the coin toss! Baising it off history. Stating our coaching staff is superior. Blah blah blah...

Then Silsbee fans calling out Carthage & asking crazy questions like do we still recruit athletes & give their parents jobs!!! Seriously!!! That is just poor sportsmanship. 

I assume the majority of you posting are leveled headed adults; why can't you see the bigger picture? Both teams have 14-18 year old kids that have been working their butts off since August to get here. Anything can happen, anyone can win or get beat at this stage. Give glory to God each team is still playing, hope neither team leaves with anyone hurt, and every one has safe travels to & from the game. May each team play to the best of their ability & leave it all out there on the field. 

Do not stereotype Carthage fans from a small sample group that post on a couple of message boards. This is what you need to know... We will travel near & far to back the Bulldogs. We can disagree with some of Suratt's play calling but no one else better. We are very respectful of who we are playing. We even respect Henderson & Kilgore even though we don't like them!!! (I'm kidding, I'm only kidding!!!) We vote YES, on EVERY bond; let me say this again; we vote YES, when it comes to bonds & our schools; it is just something we do! So when a person makes a statement like we are completely wrapped up in high school football; I'm not sure where that information is coming from... We are completely wrapped up in our kids; the kids of Panola County & CISD and making it the best place we can for them to go to school. I guess that makes us passionate about our kids. Get to know us; we really are nice folks from a small rural East Texas Town.

That play calling like going for it deep in your end of the field with a lead of less than a TD 4th and something like 10,  and the other team wit all the momentum!!!! Wind was a good reason but still going for it and running at that!! If not successful well.......oh boy!! Definitely never know what to expect!!

arts facility I was told. 

Practice or no practice, the Silsbee coaches should be able to have these boys ready to play and win. At this point in the year, it's more about being mentally prepared, know what to expect and watch a lot of film. As long as they get one or two days of good practice in, they should be fine. I not, then just come and execute like they've done all year. 

I just don't think that not having indoor facility to use is a valid enough excuse at this point of the playoffs. But I'm sure it will be used as one.

either way I'm rooting for Silsbee!!! 

Practice or no practice, the Silsbee coaches should be able to have these boys ready to play and win. At this point in the year, it's more about being mentally prepared, know what to expect and watch a lot of film. As long as they get one or two days of good practice in, they should be fine. I not, then just come and execute like they've done all year. 

I just don't think that not having indoor facility to use is a valid enough excuse at this point of the playoffs. But I'm sure it will be used as one.

either way I'm rooting for Silsbee!!! 

yeah right, go ask North Texas schools or West Texas schools. Weather has played a major factor come playoff time the last 4 years. 

Why is it necessary to know where they would be practicing?

Maybe the party that is providing this facility wants to keep it on the down low.

It doesn't matter.  Not at all.  Like I said..I'm curious because I was unaware that such a facility was accessible.  Only a very small handful of indoor practice facilities that I even know of..one of which including the area professional team.

Just curious...and I don't know why anyone would care where Silsbee is going to practice in the even of inclement weather. Are you afraid someone might watch? lol..  Surely you know that Carthage probably has every minute of game/scrimmage film on Silsbee for the whole year. 

But seriously this thread is out of control... Carthage fans declaring victory before the coin toss! Baising it off history. Stating our coaching staff is superior. Blah blah blah...

Then Silsbee fans calling out Carthage & asking crazy questions like do we still recruit athletes & give their parents jobs!!! Seriously!!! That is just poor sportsmanship. 

I assume the majority of you posting are leveled headed adults; why can't you see the bigger picture? Both teams have 14-18 year old kids that have been working their butts off since August to get here. Anything can happen, anyone can win or get beat at this stage. Give glory to God each team is still playing, hope neither team leaves with anyone hurt, and every one has safe travels to & from the game. May each team play to the best of their ability & leave it all out there on the field. 

Do not stereotype Carthage fans from a small sample group that post on a couple of message boards. This is what you need to know... We will travel near & far to back the Bulldogs. We can disagree with some of Suratt's play calling but no one else better. We are very respectful of who we are playing. We even respect Henderson & Kilgore even though we don't like them!!! (I'm kidding, I'm only kidding!!!) We vote YES, on EVERY bond; let me say this again; we vote YES, when it comes to bonds & our schools; it is just something we do! So when a person makes a statement like we are completely wrapped up in high school football; I'm not sure where that information is coming from... We are completely wrapped up in our kids; the kids of Panola County & CISD and making it the best place we can for them to go to school. I guess that makes us passionate about our kids. Get to know us; we really are nice folks from a small rural East Texas Town.

I'm just going to assume I'm one of the posters some are talking about. Well yes I declare a Carthage victory before the coin toss. That's what a prediction is, a declaration of victory for the team you pick. I find it comical that while others make their picks it's ok but as soon as a Carthage fan says that Carthage is better and they will win, it's all of a sudden disrespect. Silsbee is very good no doubt. That's why they are still in it but I think my team is better but for some reason that rubs people the wrong way. Can Silsbee win? Yes, but I just don't see it. One poster even said Carthage people live and die for football and I'm trying to figure out how he came to that conclusion. I guess that's the curse of success. Anytime you pick Carthage to win you're arrogant. 

It doesn't matter.  Not at all.  Like I said..I'm curious because I was unaware that such a facility was accessible.  Only a very small handful of indoor practice facilities that I even know of..one of which including the area professional team.

Just curious...and I don't know why anyone would care where Silsbee is going to practice in the even of inclement weather. Are you afraid someone might watch? lol..  Surely you know that Carthage probably has every minute of game/scrimmage film on Silsbee for the whole year. 

Again, it's not about knowing where they are practicing. It's about the folks providing the practice facility and their wishes.

Just repeating the info given to me.

I'm just going to assume I'm one of the posters some are talking about. Well yes I declare a Carthage victory before the coin toss. That's what a prediction is, a declaration of victory for the team you pick. I find it comical that while others make their picks it's ok but as soon as a Carthage fan says that Carthage is better and they will win, it's all of a sudden disrespect. Silsbee is very good no doubt. That's why they are still in it but I think my team is better but for some reason that rubs people the wrong way. Can Silsbee win? Yes, but I just don't see it. One poster even said Carthage people live and die for football and I'm trying to figure out how he came to that conclusion. I guess that's the curse of success. Anytime you pick Carthage to win you're arrogant. 

+10000

Again, it's not about knowing where they are practicing. It's about the folks providing the practice facility and their wishes.

Just repeating the info given to me.

it's good to see that other area teams are supporting setx teams. When we were in the playoffs in 2008 PNG let us practice on their field to get used to the turf. Of course credeur had connections there, but I like the support that whoever is showing to Silsbee this week!