****Carthage vs Silsbee****

LOL.....Huffman?...Yea, real powerhouse with several ships in the past Decade..definitely ranked #1 this season...LOL......Good "comparison" Pepper. Difference is, I wasn't trying to compare Silsbee to any team they've played in the past few weeks...TBH, We could care less. Silsbee has had a solid year, with a huge win for their program this past weekend..Kudos to them. YOU wanted to TRY /ATTEMPT to compare Carthage...a team/program that is KNOWN for dropping 2 or 3 games on their way to a state title. Our body of work speaks for itself.

Also, you got me..I don't REALLY follow Southeast Texas Football....why?....because how many 'ships have come from that way in the past decade? You cry about Silsbee not getting any respect, blah blah blah...but how may ships have they won to get that R.E.S.P.E.C.T? ......Don't worry, I'll wait...( see what i did there to your little attempted mockery of E.T. Football). Lastly, how many SE Teams are left in the playoffs vs ET Teams left?

In closing, I don't care about your losses or wins OR your RESPECT... Its about Facts..

Funny thing about our society, it is about "What have you done lately society" I could care less about your "ships" in the past.

Silsbee has gotten this far because they are a darn good football and they have just as good of a chance as Carthage to win this game.

The arrogance and the cockiness of you and your fans is sickening.

Just remember to come back over here after the game, if Carthage loses, Come back to setxsports. Y'all will probably go back to that lame arse 2 bit site in east tx and talk about your past "ships"

If Silsbee loses I will be right here to congratulate Carthage.

Edited by Pepper Brooks

I'll definitely be back.I just honestly don't see Silsbee winning. They may but me the FAN doesn't see it. Our titles are not in the distant past. If we go all the way it will be 5 in 8 years. I admit I'm a Lil cocky but it's hard not to be. We've seen this same situation time after time.

I know it will be a tall task for Silsbee to win, but for some Carthage fans to totally disrespect Silsbee as if they should not even bother to show up.

You can bet Coach Surratt and his staff are not treating this game as a gimme

These are 16,17, 18 year old kids we are talking about, anything can happen. Like I said i a earlier post everyone that is playing this time of year are darn good football teams.

Win or lose I am sure it will be a great game, and both teams will leave it all on the field.

Funny thing about our society, it is about "What have you done lately society" I could care less about your "ships" in the past.

Silsbee has gotten this far because they are a darn good football and they have just as good of a chance as Carthage to win this game.

Just remember to come back over here after the game, if Carthage loses, Come back to setxsports. Y'all will probably go back to that lame arse 2 bit site in east tx and talk about your past "ships"

Well duh, BOTH programs have gotten this far this year. BOTH programs have a clear chance to win this game Friday AND win it all, in a couple of weeks...I'll be back...You just be sure and be here if Silsbee loses..and why are you so afraid to come over to "that other site"?....Many of us have the "cojonas" to come over here..Lol...Oh....but you aint "scared"? Just like you guys HOMER all over SE teams over here...bring it to the other side.

By the way, 4 out of the last 7 is FAR from "not lately"...your lack of honest respect and recognition is sickening.

Again, you barely addressed anything i previously posted in response to your post..it's okay though...I & You know I was speaking truthful about it all. :-)

Well duh, BOTH programs have gotten this far this year. BOTH programs have a clear chance to win this game Friday AND win it all, in a couple of weeks...I'll be back...You just be sure and be here if Silsbee loses..and why are you so afraid to come over to "that other site"?....Many of us have the "cojonas" to come over here..Lol...Oh....but you aint "scared"? Just like you guys HOMER all over SE teams over here...bring it to the other side.

By the way, 4 out of the last 7 is FAR from "not lately"...your lack of honest respect and recognition is sickening.

Again, you barely addressed anything i previously posted in response to your post..it's okay though...I & You know I was speaking truthful about it all. :-)

Been there got the ban hammer for giving the Teague fans a little to much crap...lol They are just annoying..lol

I will be here.

Hang on, folks!  As entertaining as the trash talking between the two side has been, we aren't going to extend that to talk about East Texas or Southeast Texas websites.  We know them, they know us and we are on good terms with each other.

joseph-ducreux-meme-generator-my-sincere

1 hour ago, Pepper Brooks said:

Smoaky is open to anyone just like SETX, I came on here supporting Carthage. Arrogance and confidence have similar qualities that are easily confused with one another. Carthage fans are confident since we have been fortunate enough to earn the state title 4 in years past. Is Carthage unbeatable? No, that is why the games are played every week until a champion is crowned. If Carthage loses, I will be on Smoaky and SETX congratulating Silsbee. I welcome you to also join the conversation on Smoaky and support your team. There will be no excuses from me if Carthage loses, we unfortunately have lost in the playoffs before. Go Dawgs!!

Edited by CDAWG68

This point in the season is where all the other factors start to play a big part execution , coaching,tradition and this is where Carthage holds a huge edge especially in the coaching department 

I think Silsbee excutes just fine. Silsbee has tradition in football (not the state titles) been to the playoffs many times. I will give the edge to the coaching staff at Carthage. Surratt and his staff have done a fine job, but McGallion and his staff are no slouches.

Players making plays is what it comes down too as well.

Somebody from Carthage said on another site, that Silsbee does not have as many athletes as Carthage. I found that statement comical, because there is no way he has seen this group of Tigers play.

This point in the season is where all the other factors start to play a big part execution , coaching,tradition and this is where Carthage holds a huge edge especially in the coaching department 

Very well said! Superior coaching plays a huge part in the outcome of a game this deep into the playoffs. I have witnessed this on more than one occasion under Carthage's current coaching staff. Looking forward to Friday night!! Go Dawgs!!

There is confidence till it crosses the line to arrogance. I have seen a few "arrogant" comments from a few Carthage fans on other sites, including this one.

As for Smoaky, I would love to be able to post on that site but it seems I was banned several years ago for reasons unknown and have not been able to post on there for a few years now.

it's all good.

Carthage fans seem to live and die around high school sports which is sad. I'm sure there is more to life that amateur football. I'm a proud Silsbee Alumni and I cheer just as loud and proud as any other Silsbee fan. This is the most athletic Silsbee team since maybe 1988 or 1998. Carthage fans tend to forget that year they have taken a major beat down by Silsbee in the past. Www.12newsnow.com has some highlights from that game. I promise you, this isn't the same Silsbee team from 2 years ago. I'M, there is no better offense in 4A. Silsbee looks like a D1 team and moves like a track ream! 

Carthage fans seem to live and die around high school sports which is sad. I'm sure there is more to life that amateur football. I'm a proud Silsbee Alumni and I cheer just as loud and proud as any other Silsbee fan. This is the most athletic Silsbee team since maybe 1988 or 1998. Carthage fans tend to forget that year they have taken a major beat down by Silsbee in the past. Www.12newsnow.com has some highlights from that game. I promise you, this isn't the same Silsbee team from 2 years ago. I'M, there is no better offense in 4A. Silsbee looks like a D1 team and moves like a track ream! 

we live for hs school fottball? How did you come up with that? You know nothing about our personal lives. As for the 1998 team, I was on it and Silsbee was just better all around. Heck we didn't even make the playoffs until the last game of the season.

Are you offended? If so good!! May you arrogance be your downfall. Both schools deserve the same respect. Silsbee is no stepping stool. The fact is Silsbee kicked your but before. It's not like Carthage has won every meeting between these schools. That 1998 Tiger team was 6-4 heading into the playoffs.

arrogance be my downfall? I'm a FAN if Carthage loses  im going to congratulate Silsbee on this forum and then go check out live music in Dallas. Silsbee does deserve respect but not on the level of Carthage. The past 8 years we earned a different type of respect.  Why are we talking about 98 again? Almost 20 yrs ago. Not offended. Hard to recognize tone online.

arrogance be my downfall? I'm a FAN if Carthage loses  im going to congratulate Silsbee on this forum and then go check out live music in Dallas. Silsbee does deserve respect but not on the level of Carthage. The past 8 years we earned a different type of respect.  Why are we talking about 98 again? Almost 20 yrs ago. Not offended. Hard to recognize tone online.

Unfreakinbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive us ignorant fans for thinking our team has a chance!!!!!!!!!!

cafb9fdfbbba8529f99cc19d75481f83.jpg

Edited by Pepper Brooks

Silsbee won the only previous meeting in series history.
The Tigers beat Carthage 43-21 in a 1998 Class 4A Division II Region III area playoff that ended the career of Bulldog career rushing leader Kris Briggs.

Region III semifinal: Carthage 49, Silsbee 6

You mentioned a past beat down and it appears that we returned the favor in 2013. Silsbee is not going to be taken lightly, Silsbee beat a good El Campo team that knocked us out of the playoffs in 2012 and 2014. I am also a Carthage alumni from the Class of '86 and will try my best to be the loudest fan on the Carthage side, as I look forward to a good game. I was amped up when we went against the #1 defending state Champions Navasota team, and I will be as equally as pumped up for this game. As far as Carthage fans living and dying around high school sports, we are in the playoffs and we are excited for our team. We are not like some areas that only have one team that we follow, My son and I made the trip to Cowboys Stadium and watched Gilmer and Navasota win their state games since I truly enjoy watching football games. Best of luck to Silsbee Friday night. Go Dawgs!