Central's New Transfer

ozensfinest

Yes, but as winwin says there is a waiver. If they can get a hearing to explain the situation then who knows. I used the exchange student just because that was the only case I could think of where international students were eligible. I think they should be ruled eligible because they are moving halfway across the world to an area that has many Nigerian Americans and they are giving a lot up just to come here. I think I read earlier they were from Nigeria.

So if he is ruled eligible to play this year as a foreign exchange student, What happens his senior year? Read the rules veryyy carefully.

These kids may have intentions of getting their education in the US. So, exchange student would not an advantage for them.

I never called them exchange students or said anything about using that rule. I simply stated that if exchange students who move halfway across the world, why shouldn't students that moved halfway across the world for a better life become eligible. Exchange students examples were only used by men as they were are also international students. I stated to apply for a waiver and get a hearing. Nothing more.

from what I ve heard is that he attempted to go to Kelly, but for some unknown reason Kelly didn't take him in. 

That's word of mouth so take it for what it is. 

Well of the schools that are in that district does it really matter cause Central is going to win that district with or with out him.  Central's JV was far superior to anyone else's last year.  Their is no Weisbrod and no Hunter.  Im not dismissing the talent at the other schools, but lets just be honest with ourselves. Nor am I dismissing the Coaching ability at the other schools.  English always gets the most out of his kids at Nederland.

Giving the talent lost and the talent coming back....Central is above all right now on paper. 

Good point, but Nederland is returning everyone from last year and adding a couple good JV players. Ozen will also be good. I also think Central will win district but there is a chance Nederland and Ozen could possibly get them or at least make it a game but with the 7'3" recruit pretty much eliminates that chance. 

Good point, but Nederland is returning everyone from last year and adding a couple good JV players. Ozen will also be good. I also think Central will win district but there is a chance Nederland and Ozen could possibly get them or at least make it a game but with the 7'3" recruit pretty much eliminates that chance. 

Just because you're playing a 7'3" kid does not mean all hope is lost. Get out there kick some butt. Ozen almost beat Yates two years ago and Yates had two very tall & muscular Africans. It will make the district more exciting if the 7'3" kid plays.

The biggest problem in beating Central is that they easily have the 2 best players in the district, before the 7'3" kid was even in the picture. 

Just because you're playing a 7'3" kid does not mean all hope is lost. Get out there kick some butt. Ozen almost beat Yates two years ago and Yates had two very tall & muscular Africans. It will make the district more exciting if the 7'3" kid plays.

Ozen beat Madison w/6'11 Cris Harris in regional semis on the way to state.

A 2015 NBA lottery pick from Texas didnt win a playoff game jr or sr year.

Its not AAU. Again, AAU or summerball events  are the little guys in all of this and nobody is pointing fingers at the real culprits who drives the whole show, AAU  can't do anything WITHOUT the blessings of a few higher entities also involved. I guess its just easier to pick on grassroots programs and leave the bigdogs  blameless. I've said this a hundred times, there is NO LIVE PERIOD unless the NCAA says so.  

Yall do know the NBA have camps in Africa and other foreign soils and you know why, right? 

Its not AAU. Again, AAU or summerball events  are the little guys in all of this and nobody is pointing fingers at the real culprits who drives the whole show, AAU  can't do anything WITHOUT the blessings of a few higher entities also involved. I guess its just easier to pick on grassroots programs and leave the bigdogs  blameless. I've said this a hundred times, there is NO LIVE PERIOD unless the NCAA says so.  

Yall do know the NBA have camps in Africa and other foreign soils and you know why, right? 

Preach!

We are talking about a young man who left a third world country and will be using his God-given talents to get opportunities he never would have gotten where he was born.  And yes, part of that will be playing on a shoe circuit in front of literally hundreds of coaches.  And, as Dove said, the circuits are there for multiple reasons, not the smallest of which is for the convenience of the NCAA coaches.