Central's New Transfer

ozensfinest

Yep, because everybody's perception is that its all about athletics. He just happens to be tall and plays basketball.  If it was all about athletics, he would not have chosen a public school like Central or a private school like Kelly. He could easily have attended a basketball prep school and risen among the high school basketball Gods. Let the kid play varsity.

Dove- since it is your opinion that this young man came here for other reasons that basketball, could you plesae tell me how Beaumont, Texas got selected from the entire United States?

Dove- since it is your opinion that this young man came here for other reasons that basketball, could you plesae tell me how Beaumont, Texas got selected from the entire United States?

But thats my exact point, why Beaumont? If this was all about basketball, he could have gone to a major prep school, made his mark on the national basketball scene, recruited by Kentucky and gone one & done. But no, he wanted to come to Beaumont. A small southern town with friendly people with football ties, not basketball. 

But thats my exact point, why Beaumont? If this was all about basketball, he could have gone to a major prep school, made his mark on the national basketball scene, recruited by Kentucky and gone one & done. But no, he wanted to come to Beaumont. A small southern town with friendly people with football ties, not basketball. 

friendly ppl? You live in Fannett? 

And just how was Beaumont selected?  There are thousands of small U.S. towns with friendly people with football ties.

Small town atmosphere. Other than the chemo plants, its an okay place to live without major traffic problems.

Lets also add to this small town that Central has been ranked in the top 5 in state over the last 3 years.  That doesn't hurt a young man decision when trying to find a basketball school.. oops i mean a good educational school. 

Lets also add to this small town that Central has been ranked in the top 5 in state over the last 3 years.  That doesn't hurt a young man decision when trying to find a basketball school.. oops i mean a good educational school. 

Nope, again he could have gone to a high ranked high school and not just a simple public school in Beaumont. I think we should really give this kid and his family more props about his decision. 

Nope, again he could have gone to a high ranked high school and not just a simple public school in Beaumont. I think we should really give this kid and his family more props about his decision. 

Central isn't a high ranked basketball school? I believe they are or at least have been the last few years. If the young man lives here with his parents then there is no issue but from what I'm hearing this is not the case. I agree with you on one thing. There are people contacting people. No doubt! This I'm sure took place sometime during summer ball. 

Central isn't a high ranked basketball school? I believe they are or at least have been the last few years. If the young man lives here with his parents then there is no issue but from what I'm hearing this is not the case. I agree with you on one thing. There are people contacting people. No doubt! This I'm sure took place sometime during summer ball. 

no, but Oak Hill (virginia), Whitney Young (Chicago), Simeon (Chicago), Montverde Academy (florida), Mater Dei(cali) and Plano West are. All are better "choices" for non-academic reasons. ;)

Bmt is know for its illegal ways , why else would have choose bmt. 

To beat the system join the crooks. 

so you calling the kid a criminal? Your favorite college football team recruited a child molester and kept his arse on the team after a 2nd incident. Seems like you should be on the horn with Les instead of dissing towns, im pretty sure your town has sets of crooks. :)

Yep!!

I would agree those schools are but he's just a junior. I can see him going to these type caliber of schools his senior year.  It appears someone has done a pretty good job hiding him to this point.  They will come knocking or perhaps they know of him already but the young man isn't good enough for them yet.  

This.

It's my understanding his parents are not in the country. Both players are staying with guardians.

Neither will be eligible to play varsity ball this season.

If they applied for a waiver with UIL, they would get a hearing for eligibility. Depending on where they are from in Nigeria, or even why they moved but their parents did not. Exchange students are eligible. It may be a longshot, but considering Boko Haram in the north they could still be ruled eligible.