Central's New Transfer

ozensfinest

I have heard that if the player is living with his parents in BISD, he will be able to play.  IF he is living with a legal guardian, then that legal guardian will have had to be his legal guardian ( court documented) for one calendar year before he is eligible.

There is one other way that a student can live with a guardian and not have to sit out a year of Varsity in UIL . An international student can apply for a Parent Residence Waiver. Everyone is just reading the basic rules of eligibility...need to dig deeper :)

If they applied for a waiver with UIL, they would get a hearing for eligibility. Depending on where they are from in Nigeria, or even why they moved but their parents did not. Exchange students are eligible. It may be a longshot, but considering Boko Haram in the north they could still be ruled eligible.

I think exchange students get to play for one year in the US.

There is one other way that a student can live with a guardian and not have to sit out a year of Varsity in UIL . An international student can apply for a Parent Residence Waiver. Everyone is just reading the basic rules of eligibility...need to dig deeper :)

But now you're giving the enemy...err enemies too much information. :)

I think exchange students get to play for one year in the US.

Yes, but as winwin says there is a waiver. If they can get a hearing to explain the situation then who knows. I used the exchange student just because that was the only case I could think of where international students were eligible. I think they should be ruled eligible because they are moving halfway across the world to an area that has many Nigerian Americans and they are giving a lot up just to come here. I think I read earlier they were from Nigeria.

Yes, but as winwin says there is a waiver. If they can get a hearing to explain the situation then who knows. I used the exchange student just because that was the only case I could think of where international students were eligible. I think they should be ruled eligible because they are moving halfway across the world to an area that has many Nigerian Americans and they are giving a lot up just to come here. I think I read earlier they were from Nigeria.

Correct. They are from Nigeria.

RcsSports:

Beaumont Central HS fans have a big reason to smile!  BIG as in 7-footer type of big.  Chris Yannick Sodom stands 7'2, in the eleventh grade, and is originally from Nigeria.  It appears, the Jaguars have landed a big fish into their program, and he is currently enrolled at the school.  If all things go as hoped, Central could nudge in front of Yates, Bush, or Elkins as the Pre Season favorite to win Region III - 5A.   I can hardly wait to get a look at Sodom when Central takes the floor October 3-4th at the Super 16 Extravaganza.  By the way, the schedule has been updated on the FREE Rcs Sports App (you may download from the App Store on your cell).