Central's New Transfer

ozensfinest

Yep, because everybody's perception is that its all about athletics. He just happens to be tall and plays basketball.  If it was all about athletics, he would not have chosen a public school like Central or a private school like Kelly. He could easily have attended a basketball prep school and risen among the high school basketball Gods. Let the kid play varsity.

Blue rt here u said it wasn't all about athletics, but in ur most recent post its about the biggest of athletics. 

Try and stay somewhere in the ballpark 

Preach!

We are talking about a young man who left a third world country and will be using his God-given talents to get opportunities he never would have gotten where he was born.  And yes, part of that will be playing on a shoe circuit in front of literally hundreds of coaches.  And, as Dove said, the circuits are there for multiple reasons, not the smallest of which is for the convenience of the NCAA coaches. 

Nigeria is not actually a third world country. They are the richest country in Sub-Saharan Africa. Oil Money. They do have problems in the north with Boko Haram, but overall it is a very beautiful and safe country.

It's that devil aau again. The reason he is here is due to his aau connections. So take it however u want, he moved here for basketball reasons. Not saying central recruited him, because they didn't.  But his reason for moving to this area where basketball related. 

^ This.. The young man has been in states playing on the AAU Circuit for the last 2 years. This young man will be playing college basketball somewhere regardless if he has to play one year of JV basketball. IMO that's the reason he tried getting into Kelly, there a private school no questions asked. Public school is a different story.  I also heard that this kid isn't the only new face at Central. I also heard that they got a 6 foot 5 from Cleveland who was also trying to go the Kelly! Don't know if that is true. 

Nigeria is not actually a third world country. They are the richest country in Sub-Saharan Africa. Oil Money. They do have problems in the north with Boko Haram, but overall it is a very beautiful and safe country.

I am sure it is quite beautiful.  And perhaps it is more of a second world country.  But it does rank third in the world in terms of population of the extremely poor or people living in abject poverty.  So I would guess it is safe to say the opportunities here (especially educationally) would greatly exceed what they had there.  Which was my point...

^ This.. The young man has been in states playing on the AAU Circuit for the last 2 years. This young man will be playing college basketball somewhere regardless if he has to play one year of JV basketball. IMO that's the reason he tried getting into Kelly, there a private school no questions asked. Public school is a different story.  I also heard that this kid isn't the only new face at Central. I also heard that they got a 6 foot 5 from Cleveland who was also trying to go the Kelly! Don't know if that is true. 

There are many private schools like Kelly that follow transfer rules. TAAPS also have their bylaws with recruiting regs.

If the kid was trying to go to Kelly. Then had to go to public school how is this recruiting. Help me understand please.  

Not only that, but the only reason he came to Kelly to begin with is because his school shut down. That pretty much makes him a non-recruit twice removed. lol

Actually the TAPPS rules that Kelly follows are similar to UIL. He was coming to Kelly because that's where his guardian wanted him. His guardian has a kid at Kelly. We couldn't get the 7'3" kid in because Kelly starts school 2 weeks before the BISD. So he was too far behind. As for the Cleveland kid, I don't think he ended up coming to Beaumont at all. Believe he is still in Cleveland. There was talk that he might come to Kelly during the summer but I believe there was going to be in issue with grades.

Actually the TAPPS rules that Kelly follows are similar to UIL. He was coming to Kelly because that's where his guardian wanted him. His guardian has a kid at Kelly. We couldn't get the 7'3" kid in because Kelly starts school 2 weeks before the BISD. So he was too far behind. As for the Cleveland kid, I don't think he ended up coming to Beaumont at all. Believe he is still in Cleveland. There was talk that he might come to Kelly during the summer but I believe there was going to be in issue with grades.

If his guardian has a son that goes to Kelly, then why couldn't he get him enrolled the first day of school when his son started? I am not a smart person but that doesn't make sense to me. Surely his guardian was well aware of his school being shutdown before school started.    

If his guardian has a son that goes to Kelly, then why couldn't he get him enrolled the first day of school when his son started? I am not a smart person but that doesn't make sense to me. Surely his guardian was well aware of his school being shutdown before school started.    

They did not get here until after school had started.  Every effort has been made to put these kids in the best situation possible after the unfortunate experience in Atlanta.  Both are good kids that are adjusting and hopefully will have a much better experience in SETX.  

Kelly starts school 2 weeks before public schools. The kids were in Atlanta when Kelly started school. When they were  scheduled to start school two weeks later in Atlanta, they found out the school was closed. Then it took them over a week to get here. And its not easy to get into Kelly. After starting the process, it was determined that it wouldnt be possible for them to catch up and they needed to get to class.