16 yr old Burgalry suspect killed in Hamshire

PhatMack19

Man, I was reading the comments from the web site for the tv station. Some harsh words for the dead kid.

yea it was harsh but I seen worse when Tamir Rice got killed. Just goes to show they're stupid minded ppl everywhere. 

Bigger question is: Why did he have the notion to break into that particular home? 

I did not read the comments but I have seen them before. It is just that people are fed up with the criminal activity going on and sometimes rejoice when the bad guy gets killed.  It is horrible for the family of the deceased but if somebody did go into somebody's home with a mask on in the early morning hours then you can almost guarantee if a homeowner had a chance he would kill the intruder. 

Yes it is rude for people to comment publicly and celebrate a 16-year-old child being killed. However what was this child record? Had this being a 30-year-old person with a long the criminal record and possibly some violent crime then almost everybody would be thinking the same thing. That is that the world just got rid of a very bad person.  based solely on age, people are upset about this incident. 

Children and young adults make stupid mistakes. They are not a whole lot of angels out there that have never done anything wrong. Minor property crimes is one thing but breaking into a home during the nighttime with a mask on leave me to believe that this was not a very good person no matter what age.  I believe there will be a substantial percentage of the population they believe the same thing and will say good riddance.  

I did not read the comments but I have seen them before. It is just that people are fed up with the criminal activity going on and sometimes rejoice when the bad guy gets killed.  It is horrible for the family of the deceased but if somebody did go into somebody's home with a mask on in the early morning hours then you can almost guarantee if a homeowner had a chance he would kill the intruder. 

Yes it is rude for people to comment publicly and celebrate a 16-year-old child being killed. However what was this child record? Had this being a 30-year-old person with a long the criminal record and possibly some violent crime then almost everybody would be thinking the same thing. That is that the world just got rid of a very bad person.  based solely on age, people are upset about this incident. 

Children and young adults make stupid mistakes. They are not a whole lot of angels out there that have never done anything wrong. Minor property crimes is one thing but breaking into a home during the nighttime with a mask on leave me to believe that this was not a very good person no matter what age.  I believe there will be a substantial percentage of the population they believe the same thing and will say good riddance.  

I agree with all your points and if this had happened in my house it would likely have ended the same way.

I also understand that you see the full story (more info on the bad guys) than many of us see by just reading a blurb in the paper or internet.

That being said, I think it's pathetic to post "outstanding" in reference to something like this...JMO.

Sorry the kid is dead, but he was old enough to know better. The homeowner was within his rights to defend his property. He is not going to ask the age of the perp before he shoots. I am not going to rejoice in the kids death, but i certainly am going to give kudos to the homeowner for being armed and not becoming the victim.

Good post TVC.......I will add those that think it would be easy to kill anyone would be sadly mistaken. To me it would be even harder if they were 16......

I guess but obviously the 16 year old didn't care.

Makes you wonder what was going through his head. Why did he pick that house? They claimed he lived in the area, did he not know the guy was armed? What was he after?  As a parent you hope you raise them right so things like this do not happen. Crazy!

He had Evey right he shouldn't feel bad at all. but to rejoice about the death of a 16 year old is pathetic. Yes the teen is dead because of his own actions. Sad situation this story should be psa at high schools.

I agree...he shouldn't have been in the house, he brought this on himself...no doubt about that.

Like you, I just don't understand the high fives over this...to each his own, I guess.

I would be willing to bet the homeowner isn't celebrating this.

Edited by LumRaiderFan

Makes you wonder what was going through his head. Why did he pick that house? They claimed he lived in the area, did he not know the guy was armed? What was he after?  As a parent you hope you raise them right so things like this do not happen. Crazy!

A quick look at the homeowner's FB page tells me the kid picked a random house and didn't know anything about who lived in the house.  If he would have looked at that or known anything about the owner, he probably wouldn't have picked that house.  

A tragedy.  I hate to see the family getting on media trying to shift blame, but I guess nobody wants to think their kid did something bad.  It's terrible that a 16-year-old was killed, but based on the circumstances, the homeowner did nothing wrong.  In the same situation, I would've responded exactly the same way.

A quick look at the homeowner's FB page tells me the kid picked a random house and didn't know anything about who lived in the house.  If he would have looked at that or known anything about the owner, he probably wouldn't have picked that house.  

Have they released the homeowner's identity?