16 yr old Burgalry suspect killed in Hamshire

PhatMack19

I think it is a way of them trying to move on and heal without the need to call their child a potential monster. Sometimes the truth is hard to face and maybe 98% of the time this kid was (as said) the life of the party and a clown. So was Ted Bundy.

Better from their perspective to look at a kid as they knew him, kind of apologize for his actions, offer sympathy to the family whose home was broken into, note that they are not seeking legal action and move on with their lives.

I can see their point. I don't agree with their assessment of him but it isn't for me to step into their shoes. 

Kinda what I was thinking. I can't imagine how I would handle that if it was my Son. I know I would want to remember all the good.....

Still curious as to why......and we probably will never know.

From KBMT: Grandparents dispute grand jury's decision in Hamshire teen's fatal shooting:

This is the hidden content, please

*sigh*  id like to know what he thought he would steal out that house. 

The people in Ferguson, MO were and in many cases still are facing a huge case of denial. They simply will not accept physical facts from the crime scene and testimony from witnesses that any reasonable person could see.

That case almost pails in comparison to this kid's grandparents. While I might be more understanding of the denial and wishful thinking that a loved grandchild could not be a criminal or certainly not one that can justify the use of deadly force, even for them they have to have their heads in the sand.

Like Ferguson, it is a government cover up and the shooter, his wife, his kids, the responding patrol officers, their supervisors, the crime scene technicians, the DA and the entire grand jury are all in on it. Upwards of 40 people have all come together to deny this child his rights and no one has come forward to expose the conspiracy. 

I say show them the video up until the point of the shots being fired and even that if they wish. I guess they will say the video was staged. 

They say that he was not illegally entering a home and was never inside of the home. How do they know that? Let's go way way way out on a limb and say that the kid never really "entered". What was he doing outside of the man's home at 2:00AM? He wasn't up to no good, he was merely outside of a school board member's home in the early morning hours looking to sell girl scout cookies. 

Again, they need to show them the video. Then have the KBMT hatchet job team show back up at the house and again interview the family and see if they retract their statements. 

I really feel for the family as they lost a loved one that they cannot convince themselves could ever do anything wrong. In this case the denial seems to be (in today's idiom) "over the top". I can understand a case of wanting to believe that an officer lied or his partner covered him up. In this case the responding patrol officers and their supervisors had to fake the crime scene on the fly, the crime scene techs had to fake photographs of blood including likely trails from inside the home to the body, someone had to plant evidence of duct tape and a cue stick, fake a video or simply say that one existed when it did not and then convince the DA and a group of grand jurors picked from the general public that did not know each other, to all come together for this cover up for a guy they likely had never heard of and all of it (except the grand jury) had to be done before all the neighbors came out and saw the scene. Quite a feat I'd say or the other option, ultimate denial. 

Edited by tvc184

From KBMT: Grandparents dispute grand jury's decision in Hamshire teen's fatal shooting:

*sigh*  id like to know what he thought he would steal out that house. 

I still find it strange that this particular set of grandparents wasn't listed on his obituary.  Maybe they aren't as involved with him as they're letting on?  Anyway, with that being said, I've talked to 4 different HF students who knew him, and all of them said he was often in trouble, went to in school suspension on various occasions, and was overall just a bad seed.  I guess when you have family that will apologize for you no matter WHAT you do, it's easy to understand why a kid might not see anything wrong with the crime he was committing.

I still find it strange that this particular set of grandparents wasn't listed on his obituary.  Maybe they aren't as involved with him as they're letting on?  Anyway, with that being said, I've talked to 4 different HF students who knew him, and all of them said he was often in trouble, went to in school suspension on various occasions, and was overall just a bad seed.  I guess when you have family that will apologize for you no matter WHAT you do, it's easy to understand why a kid might not see anything wrong with the crime he was committing.

i was under the impression he lived with them. Confusing to say the least. 

In a way I'm kinda glad to know he was a "bad seed" based on other students his age. This particular story hit pretty close to home. A very dear friend had her 20 YO die in a work related accident and she is a basket case. Probably about to loose her job and basically has given up on life. I can't imagine going through that same pain and knowing he was killed committing a felony.

I think we understood it the first time. 

This appeared to be a premeditated felony, likely a 1st Degree felony equal to murder or up to 99 years in jail. I (and probably hippy) don't think it is "one bad decision". 

The "I heard" from family members is hardly credible and is offered from distraught people that naturally are having a hard time facing that the truth may be that a family member might be more than just another nice kid with an adventurous spirit. 

One bad decision sounds like not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign and causing a fender bender or quitting a job in anger and regretting it the next day. This kid at the very least was committing a burglary (up to 20 years) and looking at what he had in his possession, might have been doing something far worse. 

That hardly speaks of a police officer being a bad cop because of one bad decision. If an officer plans and carries out a scheme to kidnap a woman and sexually assault her on a traffic stop, that is an extreme felon that needs many years or life in prison. That is hardly "one bad decision". I have made some bad decisions in more than 30 years of law enforcement and none of them involved committing felonies of any kind, much less against innocent people. 

I think that is the problem with your attempt at some kind of analogy in comparing this kid and an officer making a mistake. 

Cops make bad decisions all the time. And sometimes people end up hurt or dead. But that's your profession (your child). And like you said, cops... err parents don't wont to see or acknowledge their kid was bad.

Cops make bad decisions all the time. And sometimes people end up hurt or dead. But that's your profession (your child). And like you said, cops... err parents don't wont to see or acknowledge their kid was bad.

The only problem with that accusation is that officers defend officers that they know are correct by law or that there is no factual basis at the time for the claims or charges. The officers making those claims are very seldom wrong. 

Admins....we have a "Like this" button...why cant we have a "Thumbs Down / Dislike" button.  This is why I try my dead-level best to stay out of this side of the site; irrational thoughts.

In a way I'm kinda glad to know he was a "bad seed" based on other students his age. This particular story hit pretty close to home. A very dear friend had her 20 YO die in a work related accident and she is a basket case. Probably about to loose her job and basically has given up on life. I can't imagine going through that same pain and knowing he was killed committing a felony.

Lots of people out there suffering with mental depression and issues.