16 yr old Burgalry suspect killed in Hamshire

PhatMack19

Makes you wonder what was going through his head. Why did he pick that house? They claimed he lived in the area, did he not know the guy was armed? What was he after?  As a parent you hope you raise them right so things like this do not happen. Crazy!

Yep, the kid lived a street or two away. Heard he was a nice kid. We never know  do we. 

They shouldn't release the homeowner's identity.  If there is no wrong doing done then homeowner and family should not have to have their names released for the media and all  those "wanna be" media....and that's for all cases. PERIOD!!!!

Yeah, its gonna spread anyway especially in small communities like this.

I know I am from that small community.  Its not the community im so worried about, its the outsiders.

I said there may be more to the story when I saw the Grandpa saying there were other kids involved. That is all. Not trying to stir the pot. Only go by what I read and see.

Every time there is something in the news people always say "There is more to the story". 

Obviously there is always more to the story. The police investigation might be dozens of pages long. To the media they release what is basically a synopsis.  Usually people make that statement however, implying that something is being hidden or something is sinister.  I write new releases every month.  There is rarely anything strange to report but since news releases are intentionally vague,  people tend to think  that something is up. 

Every time there is something in the news people always say "There is more to the story". 

Obviously there is always more to the story. The police investigation might be dozens of pages long. To the media they release what is basically a synopsis.  Usually people make that statement however, implying that something is being hidden or something is sinister.  I write new releases every month.  There is rarely anything strange to report but since news releases are intentionally vague,  people tend to think  that something is up. 

Human nature

I guess this can put to bed speculation that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, that he was influenced by his friends, and that he was just a dumb kid who wasn't going to hurt anybody.  Reading this article made me feel a lot less sorry about what happened.  I've heard a lot from people in this community that leads me to believe that the family shouldn't have been talking about what a sweet, innocent child he was to begin with.  They can definitely stop with it now.

Edited by bullets13

I guess this can put to bed speculation that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, that he was influenced by his friends, and that he was just a dumb kid who wasn't going to hurt anybody.  Reading this article made me feel a lot less sorry about what happened.  I've heard a lot from people in this community that leads me to believe that the family shouldn't have been talking about what a sweet, innocent child he was to begin with.  They can definitely stop with it now.

I guess when you compare personalities, this is similar to what makes good cops bad cops. One bad decision.

Hmmm, maybe the word personalities threw off my point of view. My point being is that I heard he was a good kid, just the cops are good BUT just made a bad decision. Now, does that make it more understandable? 

I think we understood it the first time. 

This appeared to be a premeditated felony, likely a 1st Degree felony equal to murder or up to 99 years in jail. I (and probably hippy) don't think it is "one bad decision". 

The "I heard" from family members is hardly credible and is offered from distraught people that naturally are having a hard time facing that the truth may be that a family member might be more than just another nice kid with an adventurous spirit. 

One bad decision sounds like not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign and causing a fender bender or quitting a job in anger and regretting it the next day. This kid at the very least was committing a burglary (up to 20 years) and looking at what he had in his possession, might have been doing something far worse. 

That hardly speaks of a police officer being a bad cop because of one bad decision. If an officer plans and carries out a scheme to kidnap a woman and sexually assault her on a traffic stop, that is an extreme felon that needs many years or life in prison. That is hardly "one bad decision". I have made some bad decisions in more than 30 years of law enforcement and none of them involved committing felonies of any kind, much less against innocent people. 

I think that is the problem with your attempt at some kind of analogy in comparing this kid and an officer making a mistake. 

I saw this on Facebook. I'm not sure what to think about it. I'm waiting for an explanation as to why he went in the house and what he was planning to steal....if anything.....

I think it is a way of them trying to move on and heal without the need to call their child a potential monster. Sometimes the truth is hard to face and maybe 98% of the time this kid was (as said) the life of the party and a clown. So was Ted Bundy.

Better from their perspective to look at a kid as they knew him, kind of apologize for his actions, offer sympathy to the family whose home was broken into, note that they are not seeking legal action and move on with their lives.

I can see their point. I don't agree with their assessment of him but it isn't for me to step into their shoes.