Crosby vs Nederland Predictions Thread

This is truly getting dumber by the moment. Don't care what we did last season but I am supposed to care about a trophy from before I was born.  Don't care about the level of the players on the field for us, well you don't care this year but when that was told to you last year it was laughed at as a joke (you cared then).  But some how through all of that I am supposed to care about a Cherokee and some "traditions".  I am very confused about why PNG keeps this going......Allow me to refresh you....the is a Crosby Vs Nederland post........hopefully the cards will line up and you can start these stupid arguments over in November.

Finding stats insulting.....HILARIOUS.

Good luck on your DC.

Thank you for proving my point. Nobody cares about last year, so why would we care about a bunch of last year's called tradition? We talk about the here and now but someone from Mid-County will inevitably bring up trophies. So we say, "We don't have any of those but we whipped you arse last time we lined up". Sorry if you thought my prior post was insulting, I always try to be nice to the ladies. 

Your purple glasses are working well. PNG should be favored in every game on their schedule but will probably go 9-1 or 8-2 due to coaching and poor defense the nights they can't score 40. I can pull up some stats to show you that. Those same stats will explain why PNG is going to most likely lose in the first round again also, I don't want to be insulting though. 

As you will see in a post I made above, to another Cougar fan, I touched on that point. So while trying to entrap me in a web of my own words, you should read ALL of my words.

Im not from the mecca of football area that you live in, I live in Groves. I love the "atmosphere" (thats for Soulja) of Friday nights and the band playing Cherokee. I don't worry about stats, I just watch and enjoy the game. They get on the field and play for us and thats enough for me. Win or lose, I know they did their best. All this other mess is a byproduct of a bunch of adults in a pee pee contest.

This is truly getting dumber by the moment. Don't care what we did last season but I am supposed to care about a trophy from before I was born.  Don't care about the level of the players on the field for us, well you don't care this year but when that was told to you last year it was laughed at as a joke (you cared then).  But some how through all of that I am supposed to care about a Cherokee and some "traditions".  I am very confused about why PNG keeps this going......Allow me to refresh you....the is a Crosby Vs Nederland post........hopefully the cards will line up and you can start these stupid arguments over in November.

Finding stats insulting.....HILARIOUS.

Good luck on your DC.

Cut the Pity Party. I never said anything about finding stats insulting. And if you never think about PNG again, i will survive. I'm over this.

Im not a young man, but I assume you're talking to me. The way I see it, its tit for tat. Every time we bring up the past, it gets shot down. We're not allowed to brag about OUR past, or our traditions, without a smart a$$ comment, or some stat lunatic going quote crazy on us. So your good run last year? Thats the past. Done and gone. Beating PNG 2 years ago? Thats the past. Done and gone. New Season. New Slate. There's nothing in the rule book that says a  SETX team can't have success and can't whip a team that went several rounds deep LAST year.

Move west young man is a play on the Go West, Young man saying.  I also, not a young man.  

Cut the Pity Party. I never said anything about finding stats insulting. And if you never think about PNG again, i will survive. I'm over this.

Adios.....enjoy the pity party or any other PNG thread.

Bottom line Crosby is just too much for Nederland. This town is full of athletes and now they have a culture in place that takes a great athlete and makes him a team oriented methodical machine on the gridiron. So get your popcorn and seat belts cause Pups u going for a ride 

Any of you Crosby fans going to the scrimmage? We want updates.

I will be at my High School Reunion. So I am probably useless........Well I am useless for any scrimmage if the scoreboard isn't on.  ;o)

I think Nederlands reunion is tonight also.

A Scrimmage is just a snack until the real games begin.

mine is north Shore but I could go to Nederlands for a preview ......nevermind. :)

Edited by Coug88

Yep, they make it to semifinals and all of the sudden they are the mecca of high school football. Like I said, until you go get you a state title, the number of D1 offers your players get doesn't say a thing. The talent pool moves around each year. Just enjoy it while you can , won't be there for long. Good one year , better the next then the down trend comes. This year on paper and egos, Noone should stand in your way, but I'm sure someone out there that is just a little more ahead of the game than code mecca. Wish yall the best on your quest for just one more. We shall see come December just how talented Crosby really is. I for one don't think you will make it but they might just prove me wrong.

Yep, they make it to semifinals and all of the sudden they are the mecca of high school football. Like I said, until you go get you a state title, the number of D1 offers your players get doesn't say a thing. The talent pool moves around each year. Just enjoy it while you can , won't be there for long. Good one year , better the next then the down trend comes. This year on paper and egos, Noone should stand in your way, but I'm sure someone out there that is just a little more ahead of the game than code mecca. Wish yall the best on your quest for just one more. We shall see come December just how talented Crosby really is. I for one don't think you will make it but they might just prove me wrong.

lmao Code Brown now Code Mecca, I cant keep up with all these codes :)

Does the talent come in cycles at Brenham? Dawson? Manvel? Angleton? George Ranch? I could go on. I think what you see at Crosby is the talent increase as the enrollment increases just like much of the surrounding area. Do some year's teams have more talent than others? Of course they do. Does a better team necessarily mean a better record? Of course it doesn't. Match ups and health play a huge role. They probably combine to determine 50% of your run's success. 

I think we reiterate what the polls reflect, what more can you do having not played a game? 

I laugh at these asinine remarks of, oh they're good now but just wait they'll fall off. Well no shout Sherlock every towns football team has peaks and valleys of success (except the lowly valley of Vidor and Central). What "you people" don't realize is the Mecca is different. The Code is in place from the time these young Coogs first put on their pads. Get use to the name Crosby, it's here to stay!! #codered #cctakeover #mytownisbetterthanyours !!!!!

I laugh at these asinine remarks of, oh they're good now but just wait they'll fall off. Well no shout Sherlock every towns football team has peaks and valleys of success (except the lowly valley of Vidor and Central). What "you people" don't realize is the Mecca is different. The Code is in place from the time these young Coogs first put on their pads. Get use to the name Crosby, it's here to stay!! #codered #cctakeover #mytownisbetterthanyours !!!!!

Shut him up....... With a trophy.......