Crosby vs Nederland Predictions Thread

I might make a keyboard enemy out of this.. But oh well, I have plenty of keyboard frenemys........... That might be the lowest football IQ post I have seen in weeks.... Freshman and JV has absolutely nothing to do with the varsity.. Most schools pull the studs up to Varsity... I always get a kick out of folks saying, but our freshman team was awesome......... It all takes care of itself on Friday nights................ Blutarsky, you look like a newbie, here is the rules..... Like all my posts................LOL............ 

Y'all had Calvin Hill. He was like having Craig Williams in 8th grade who's a 5 star running back after his freshman year now. Y'all also lost to Dayton, who Crosby handled rather easily. The coaches have already said that this is their best freshman class since they've been there. There's probably 5 FBS kids on that team while Gentry probably had the one with Calvin and maybe #22. Not to mention those kids will be combined with players like Williams who's only a grade above. The younger levels are used for teaching at Crosby which is why they rarely beat BH either but crush them every Friday night. Same way they would crush GCM, Lee and Sterling right now.  

I don't want to hijack this thread into a my JH is better than your JH contest. I'm just saying, judging by what I saw the last two years, I don't think this years incoming class, is as strong as the players you have their now. They had some great atheletes, but are they strong enough to sustain the current level of play? We'll see.

Also, yes we had Calvin Hill, but there were several other great atheletes on that team. One player can't win the game by himself. Some will be going to Sterling (Hill), some will be going to GCM. A couple don't look to be playing in highschool or have moved.

ETA: Sorry about the thread hijack, I'll let it drop.

Edited by John Blutarsky

I might make a keyboard enemy out of this.. But oh well, I have plenty of keyboard frenemys........... That might be the lowest football IQ post I have seen in weeks.... Freshman and JV has absolutely nothing to do with the varsity.. Most schools pull the studs up to Varsity... I always get a kick out of folks saying, but our freshman team was awesome......... It all takes care of itself on Friday nights................ Blutarsky, you look like a newbie, here is the rules..... Like all my posts................LOL............ 

Not so much a low I.Q. post. More like trolling the "Mighty Crosby Cougars".LOL

I don't want to hijack this thread into a my JH is better than your JH contest. I'm just saying, judging by what I saw the last two years, I don't think this years incoming class, is as strong as the players you have their now. They had some great atheletes, but are they strong enough to sustain the current level of play? We'll see.

Also, yes we had Calvin Hill, but there were several other great atheletes on that team. One player can't win the game by himself. Some will be going to Sterling (Hill), some will be going to GCM. A couple don't look to be playing in highschool or have moved.

ETA: Sorry about the thread hijack, I'll let it drop.

Well, Calvin certainly won it by himself. He scored all but one td last year and he scored them all two years ago. I don't think the current sophomore class lost as 8th graders but were 3-7 last year as freshman because Williams was on varsity. It's very easy to turn around and hand it off to a stud in middle school, but once the kids learn their assignments on defense that doesn't work as well. My son had 4 catches for 106 in the first half on Gentry and when they switched #22 on him, which is their best athlete, he beat him on a bubble screen and the kid went Busch league and tripped him from behind to keep him from scoring making it 4 catches with 3tds in a half. That's how I saw it from my side. That's what the Baytown schools are now, usually one or two studs and the rest so/so which is why the results have been so poor lately. 

That's what I try to explain to people. Those underclass scores mean nothing. I don't think Crosby will start one kid of the 23 that didn't play varsity last year, meaning every Thursday night score is irrelevant. 

Well, Calvin certainly won it by himself. He scored all but one td last year and he scored them all two years ago. I don't think the current sophomore class lost as 8th graders but were 3-7 last year as freshman because Williams was on varsity. It's very easy to turn around and hand it off to a stud in middle school, but once the kids learn their assignments on defense that doesn't work as well. My son had 4 catches for 106 in the first half on Gentry and when they switched #22 on him, which is their best athlete, he beat him on a bubble screen and the kid went Busch league and tripped him from behind to keep him from scoring making it 4 catches with 3tds in a half. That's how I saw it from my side. That's what the Baytown schools are now, usually one or two studs and the rest so/so which is why the results have been so poor lately. 

And he threw every pass, and made every catch and, made every tackle and block. Was on top of the cheerleader pyramid and sold tickets before the game....not hardly. He was by far the most talented player in the district, which makes it hard to notice the rest of the talent on the team.

I'm not suprised to hear about #22 who I believe is the younger brother of ya'lls Williams or so I have heard. He was known to make a few bad decisions. Hear he moved away and will be focusing solely on track.

Also I'll go ahead and brag a little myself. My son was the one who caught the other Gentry TD and made a few other good catches including a leaping grab on 4th and long to keep a drive going. I don't recall naming him Calvin Hill though. lol Good luck to your boy and your Coug's. Hopefully we'll see each other in the next re-alignment.

Edited by John Blutarsky

Are you boys serious bringing JH Gentry Mustang smack talk to an elite Crosby Cougar thread. At Crosby we use a MLB type farm system approach. The youngsters get their feet wet learning about Code Red and when the time is right they advance through the franchise. Every once in a while a Correra (Sqwirl Williams) comes thru and bypasses the process. By the time these boys are freshmen graduates they are darn near ready to walk out that prestigious Cougar tunnel with sledgehammer in hand to thrash their next opponent so they could careless how they got beat by a Danny Botkin led 8th grade prep squad!! 

Are you boys serious bringing JH Gentry Mustang smack talk to an elite Crosby Cougar thread. At Crosby we use a MLB type farm system approach. The youngsters get their feet wet learning about Code Red and when the time is right they advance through the franchise. Every once in a while a Correra (Sqwirl Williams) comes thru and bypasses the process. By the time these boys are freshmen graduates they are darn near ready to walk out that prestigious Cougar tunnel with sledgehammer in hand to thrash their next opponent so they could careless how they got beat by a Danny Botkin led 8th grade prep squad!! 

You sold me..  Any mailboxes in crosby?? I have a 5'9 1/2  218 pound 8th grader waiting to line up and kill some Qb's..  lol..  

You sold me..  Any mailboxes in crosby?? I have a 5'9 1/2  218 pound 8th grader waiting to line up and kill some Qb's..  lol..  

I"ll check at one of the four newly established Post Offices in Crosby due to the present influx of residents. At that height and weight he may need to grow 4 or 5 " and put on another 20#'s but it's doable. Social media, Vype, the Hou Chronicle, Dave Campbell, the coaching staff, administrators and you name whomever else is turning the little town once only known for the "Stomp" (an old dancehall but aptly named for how Crosby athletics treats others) into a Mecca for football. Looks like we won't have the same problem as Odessa P had when the oil dried up and everyone vacated, there's plenty of oil here....

I"ll check at one of the four newly established Post Offices in Crosby due to the present influx of residents. At that height and weight he may need to grow 4 or 5 " and put on another 20#'s but it's doable. Social media, Vype, the Hou Chronicle, Dave Campbell, the coaching staff, administrators and you name whomever else is turning the little town once only known for the "Stomp" (an old dancehall but aptly named for how Crosby athletics treats others) into a Mecca for football. Looks like we won't have the same problem as Odessa P had when the oil dried up and everyone vacated, there's plenty of oil here....

And the news says the Post Office is going under... 

lol.. he will be ready..   All this football talk has me so ready to go watch all the local games I can.. Also waiting on some of the Beaumont teams to come to baytown I have been telling both my boys they have some talent and teams to watch in regards to good football.

Edited by GCMinTheFuture

Well, keep him on the biscuits and bring him over. BH's best d-lineman just transferred over for his freshman year, Crosby is probably the best place for him to get a look around here.

Keep in mind that GCM couldn't even make the playoffs in a district who's champ lost to a squad that won 4th on the last day of the season. Ozen even got in at 4-6 last year. If they can't win now just imagine how they'll be crushed when they're a small 6A in the district with North Shore. Do the right thing man, lol.  

lol.. he will be ready..   All this football talk has me so ready to go watch all the local games I can.. Also waiting on some of the Beaumont teams to come to baytown I have been telling both my boys they have some talent and teams to watch in regards to good football.

With his pedigree and I'm sure toughness you need to bring him on over and maybe I can squeeze him in a tryout. I know some higher ups here in Mecca. I'll tell em his uncle had his jersey retired at Buffallo Wild Wings in Baytown!!

Coogs by 4 TD's or more. 

As most already know, this is not the same team as last year. We lost a lot to graduation. With that being said, this is not last years team. This O line will hold their own, trust me. If you think they are YOUNG and inexperianced ,great keep thinking. Works for us. The Dogs will not be the pushover you may be thinking they are !

I do not like making Pre-District predictions.  The possibility of losing has not passed through any of the Crosby fans heads.  If you Crosby fans have not entertained that thought then you might want to humble up so in the event you lose against us it will make your crow taste better.  So I will say this, the better team at this point in the season will win in this match up and that doesn't mean I'm saying Crosby will be the victor.  We always get a good game from Crosby and I don't expect anything different this year.  We do walk away as a better team win or lose.