Crosby vs Nederland Predictions Thread

Ditto he already fell for it . Stats never win , last year doesn't matter but Tradition does . If they can keep it going they'll Learn about tradition and I hope they do . The better everyone in our region is the better our chances on the big stage ! All that said we are still smoking  some crow ! At least if we have to  eat , it'll be done ?? Something else you learn from tradition .. Anyhow Nederland will be ready , in shape , no excuses , certainly no fear and we will see what you got . Tradition let's 2/8 teams go 6/4 . Sometimes that counts as much as state ? Especially if you drop a fathead along the way !

That's why they call stats analytics now, and they win a lot of games. Ask Billy Bean, Darryl Morey and Jeff Luno. Why do teams have quality control guys if the numbers don't matter? Tradition may go a long way in SETX but it just gets you a bunch of L's when you come west and play teams who don't care about it.     

I guess PNG hasn't been very successful at either then lately, huh? Oh well, y'all always have 7 on 7 to look forward to. 

7 on 7 is over and we're looking forward to the season. We shall see who is successful this year and who isn't. Can't dig in your bag of stats for that answer.

Judging from all the comments, no one gives a flip how Crosby did LAST season. I'm sure you're finding, that success is short lived amongst the masses. Didn't quiet get the attention and respect of us little people. Here you sit, quoting and defending and dragging out stats. 

I'm looking thru my purple colored glasses and PNG is looking mighty good. You spouting insults isn't going to change a thing. Carry On!

I am so confused....maybe that is normal.  Will someone clarify when stats and prior seasons matter?  What I am getting here is that stats and prior season success only matters if you can't get past round 1 and you are west of the trinity.  If you are in Crosby none of that matters only 'Tradition'.  MY BS meter is running hot  and it is indicating one of these deflect, deflect things...I guess.  I would like to know what traditions = a win. 

All I am asking.....keep in mind some of us did get some education in BISD before moving west young man.  Be consistent with your arguments.  Don't talk about trophies that a swiffer can't dust and complain about speaking on last season and how that is over.  I guess that is hard to do when your team hasn't played a game for two months longer than ours.

Move along.

Think we're about even with Crosby on that. Which just goes to show, you can make the deep runs, but if you don't make it to the finish line, etc..........

PNG has got bigger fish to fry before Crosby should even cross their mind. So bantering back and forth about the Cherokees is irrelevant in this thread..

PNG has got bigger fish to fry before Crosby should even cross their mind. So bantering back and forth about the Cherokees is irrelevant in this thread..

I would wager if they were west of the Trinity they would get a threat about hijacking.  But .........that is a code red only rule.

Enjoy your day......

I am so confused....maybe that is normal.  Will someone clarify when stats and prior seasons matter?  What I am getting here is that stats and prior season success only matters if you can't get past round 1 and you are west of the trinity.  If you are in Crosby none of that matters only 'Tradition'.  MY BS meter is running hot  and it is indicating one of these deflect, deflect things...I guess.  I would like to know what traditions = a win. 

All I am asking.....keep in mind some of us did get some education in BISD before moving west young man.  Be consistent with your arguments.  Don't talk about trophies that a swiffer can't dust and complain about speaking on last season and how that is over.  I guess that is hard to do when your team hasn't played a game for two months longer than ours.

Move along.

Im not a young man, but I assume you're talking to me. The way I see it, its tit for tat. Every time we bring up the past, it gets shot down. We're not allowed to brag about OUR past, or our traditions, without a smart a$$ comment, or some stat lunatic going quote crazy on us. So your good run last year? Thats the past. Done and gone. Beating PNG 2 years ago? Thats the past. Done and gone. New Season. New Slate. There's nothing in the rule book that says a  SETX team can't have success and can't whip a team that went several rounds deep LAST year.

This has got to be the most humorous thread going... Sometimes it's filled with good info, but most of it is garbage... Popcorn meter is high for sure... I can see it's going to Be a fun season for some, and not so fun for others... I want a DC... That's it... I'm aware of the powerhouse district we will face in round 1..... Just want a DC...

Im not a young man, but I assume you're talking to me. The way I see it, its tit for tat. Every time we bring up the past, it gets shot down. We're not allowed to brag about OUR past, or our traditions, without a smart a$$ comment, or some stat lunatic going quote crazy on us. So your good run last year? Thats the past. Done and gone. Beating PNG 2 years ago? Thats the past. Done and gone. New Season. New Slate. There's nothing in the rule book that says a  SETX team can't have success and can't whip a team that went several rounds deep LAST year.

Exactly.  They want to pick and choose what history is brought up, and since they only have one year that was pretty good....

*Reply to Prepball

Why do you keep saying I will disappear? I appeared 4 years ago after a loss. I think Crosby had a good year last year and didn't win state so I don't really understand that comment either? I don't think Crosby is the new item, Dave Campbell's, The Old Coach, Lone Star Gridiron and the Associated Press do.

I've heard the athlete/loss of talent thing for years too. "Nobody will ever put up numbers like Haynes to Beck combo. again", "Y'all will never have a backfield like Merka and Casey again, y'all are about to suck", enter the Twins. "Y'all will never have a trio like the Twins and Singleton again, y'all are about to suck when they leave". Following year after a semi-final appearance, "So When Crosby has a not as good group of athletes come through you will pull the houdini act and disappear." Lol, just give it up man or you'll still be repeating the same thing 4 years from now. Much like the Fort Bend schools, we always have talent. Some you just get to know better than others.

You are right on one front though. Crosby, as well as every other 5A team in the state, only has a 0.08% chance of winning state.

I am right on all fronts its a matter of acceptance. I wish you the best of luck on your dynasty you are building!!!! WHat you are asking isn't an easy task!!!!

This has got to be the most humorous thread going... Sometimes it's filled with good info, but most of it is garbage... Popcorn meter is high for sure... I can see it's going to Be a fun season for some, and not so fun for others... I want a DC... That's it... I'm aware of the powerhouse district we will face in round 1..... Just want a DC...

A DC? Heck, I just want a trophy of a football with a cowboy hat on top of it.

7 on 7 is over and we're looking forward to the season. We shall see who is successful this year and who isn't. Can't dig in your bag of stats for that answer.

Judging from all the comments, no one gives a flip how Crosby did LAST season. I'm sure you're finding, that success is short lived amongst the masses. Didn't quiet get the attention and respect of us little people. Here you sit, quoting and defending and dragging out stats. 

I'm looking thru my purple colored glasses and PNG is looking mighty good. You spouting insults isn't going to change a thing. Carry On!

Thank you for proving my point. Nobody cares about last year, so why would we care about a bunch of last year's called tradition? We talk about the here and now but someone from Mid-County will inevitably bring up trophies. So we say, "We don't have any of those but we whipped you arse last time we lined up". Sorry if you thought my prior post was insulting, I always try to be nice to the ladies. 

Your purple glasses are working well. PNG should be favored in every game on their schedule but will probably go 9-1 or 8-2 due to coaching and poor defense the nights they can't score 40. I can pull up some stats to show you that. Those same stats will explain why PNG is going to most likely lose in the first round again also, I don't want to be insulting though.