Crosby vs Nederland Predictions Thread

Relevence in in the mind of the beholder. When your schoold has never known relevence until the very recent past noone elses will matter to them. Happenes year in and year out on here. Nederland has been relevent for the last 20 years. How many straight district wins did you guys get up to. 28. I think?

In 6 yrs Crosby has been 2, 3, and 5 deep but still considered not relevant to some of you backwoods pine landers from the triangle! Funny thing is, this site is just filler time til after round one when the real teams set their sites on the better competition. So play your MCM Super Bowl, beat up on such storied programs as Vidor and Lumberton, heck even open up a dinosaur park in Nederland For ur Coach; We'll make our annual trip that way and spank a Dawg then head back this way ready for the real grind!!

In 6 yrs Crosby has been 2, 3, and 5 deep but still considered not relevant to some of you backwoods pine landers from the triangle! Funny thing is, this site is just filler time til after round one when the real teams set their sites on the better competition. So play your MCM Super Bowl, beat up on such storied programs as Vidor and Lumberton, heck even open up a dinosaur park in Nederland For ur Coach; We'll make our annual trip that way and spank a Dawg then head back this way ready for the real grind!!

I love it.  How many more deep have they been. Is that there entire playoff history?

Look, nobody's trying to slight Crosby, they are a great program and coming off a magical year... But damn, you gotta be some kind of twisted to say Nederlands last 4 years haven't been relevant, that's just disingenuous.  

I think y'all are too. My post was in response to BigDog saying we just got relevant. I think by your response you agree it didn't make sense either, which is what I was pointing out. 

I love it.  How many more deep have they been. Is that there entire playoff history?

Just rebutting the "recent" what have u done for me lately posts. Remember I don't care too much for past regime history only the present, but I do know that when my kids squad beat Nederland in the first round twice then ran into a Dobbins led Montgomery team one year and a Pearland Dawson team the next they were poised for deep runs. 

Just rebutting the "recent" what have u done for me lately posts. Remember I don't care too much for past regime history only the present, but I do know that when my kids squad beat Nederland in the first round twice then ran into a Dobbins led Montgomery team one year and a Pearland Dawson team the next they were poised for deep runs. 

May well be true

How long is this horse going to be beat... Here's the straight scoop..... Crosby is going to beat Nederland...... Heck they will beat anyone in our district...... It's common knowledge that these guys don't care anything about past stuff..... Let it be.... In the end we have what we have and they have what they have.... I'm happy with what I have.... If they are happy with what they have then great..... We all know it's cyclical... Give them their time... No trophies for second.... Win it all.......... I just want a DC for my guys..... I honestly don't even consider these guys from SETX.... But it makes for some awesome convo....... 

How long is this horse going to be beat... Here's the straight scoop..... Crosby is going to beat Nederland...... Heck they will beat anyone in our district...... It's common knowledge that these guys don't care anything about past stuff..... Let it be.... In the end we have what we have and they have what they have.... I'm happy with what I have.... If they are happy with what they have then great..... We all know it's cyclical... Give them their time... No trophies for second.... Win it all.......... I just want a DC for my guys..... I honestly don't even consider these guys from SETX.... But it makes for some awesome convo....... 

Wikipedia disagrees with you Sir!

This is the hidden content, please

Maybe I should rephrase.. We have played Crosby 11 times in 90 years.... Just not a big threat for a rivalry... My opinion that this is Internet generated....  Crosby is a team we might play if we get to the playoffs... So although Wiki might say yes, it just hasn't been a big conversation piece over the years..... I'll be the first to say Crosby could beat us if we draw them... So I guess I lose that conversation.... 

I think Crosby wins the opener against Big NEd. Crosby is coming off a big season last year loaded with talent. Ned I think may be in Trouble this year. I don't know what they got coming back but I know they lost a lot. I m not gonna say that they aren't capable of pulling off an upset because anything can happen, but I think that would be a tall test. None the less I honestly think it will be a long night for the dogs. Crosby has all of the big time college recruits so they should be the favorites I would assume.  As far as meeting up with Crosby in the playoffs We Indians have to take one game at a time before we look to the future playoff contenders, be patient you may get your wish!

Things might get interesting after February from what I just been told. Might have another Red opponent to look forward to. I sure hope im wrong for personal reasons but starting to think its gonna happen.

PA only made the cutoff by 11 kids last time, I believe. If you go with the trends happening in the area I think it's only a slight chance PA won't drop down to 5A. IMO that's a good think though. It gives SETX a 5A team that could compete yearly with the talent level seen out west and it helps the strength of the district come playoff time by pushing a school like Ned or Central into D2 where they have enrollment advantages. Right now, when 22-5A gets to bi-district play they usually at a talent disadvantage from there on out.   

PA only made the cutoff by 11 kids last time, I believe. If you go with the trends happening in the area I think it's only a slight chance PA won't drop down to 5A. IMO that's a good think though. It gives SETX a 5A team that could compete yearly with the talent level seen out west and it helps the strength of the district come playoff time by pushing a school like Ned or Central into D2 where they have enrollment advantages. Right now, when 22-5A gets to bi-district play they usually at a talent disadvantage from there on out.   

IMO as long as KH is at the helm, PAM will be average. I honestly do not think them dropping into the district is a sure bet for a DC. I will say it will boost talent level tremendously. I would think it might actually effect Nederland, because of School district borders, and of course recruiting.. If PAM gets super competitive those kids will stay vs leaving, and you would see Nederland with less talent.. Nederland fields, I would say around 30% PA influence on the field. I would love to see it because as we all know, you play up to your competition, but like in the old days, TJ made a few runs, that about it. Lincoln as well.. Plus we would lose a Sterling, or GCM, which I happen to like......

IMO as long as KH is at the helm, PAM will be average. I honestly do not think them dropping into the district is a sure bet for a DC. I will say it will boost talent level tremendously. I would think it might actually effect Nederland, because of School district borders, and of course recruiting.. If PAM gets super competitive those kids will stay vs leaving, and you would see Nederland with less talent.. Nederland fields, I would say around 30% PA influence on the field. I would love to see it because as we all know, you play up to your competition, but like in the old days, TJ made a few runs, that about it. Lincoln as well.. Plus we would lose a Sterling, or GCM, which I happen to like......

Do not quote me on these numbers, because it is hard to decipher when  T.J. was built, but it appears that the overall was T.J. 17 wins and P.N.G. 13 wins during the series.... So 30 games T.J. up 17-13. That is pretty competitive, I do know of the 1 run to state, other than that I am not real sure..

No problem, honestly I wish we could stay on our side of theTrinity and continue playing against the same schools we play in JH. We ain't scared of Code Red.

Now back on topic. I think Crosby will be too much for Nederland this year, but judging by how bad our Gentry JH Mustangs beat their incoming freshman class like a drum the last two years, Crosby will be on the decline soon. Yeah, that's right, I just pulled out the junior high smack.

Edited by John Blutarsky