Crosby vs Nederland Predictions Thread

At the end of the day expectations are different for all teams. I understand the district will more than Likely not put out a state championship contender. But the good thing is our expectations throughout the district is  the district championship.. And at the end of the day anything else is just sugar on top... So if we all go out in the 1rst round, so be it.  I'm sure in real life it's not going to make me better or worse than anyone else.... There is not a soul who cares about 2nd place in the end.... Name the last 5 Super Bowl losers..... Yeah without google no one can... At the end of the day I still have those three things that not only myself and my kids will die with.... Some on here don't care, but I do... Honor. Pride. Tradition...... And btw..... Never count out Larry Neauman... He might not have any 5 stars or 1 stars but he will give it a heck of a shot..... And at the end of the day... Anything can happen... Bulldogs have some history and pride as well.... 

Neumann and Nederland went through a spread experiment from 07-09 ish where they struggled with identity, a lot of those losses if you go back 14.2, will have been in this window.  The strength of Neumann has always been willingness to adapt and experiment.  Had Sampere not gotten hurt in that first game the story may have been written differently.  But a guy who has been there for a couple of decades gets a pass or two... He rebounded and ran off 3 straight undefeated district season.  But yeah, you right, he ain't done much lately.

Edited by Brubaker

But 14.2, you would be the very first to tell us about the significant talent deficit he's dealing with.  I would say Neumann's 3 straight trips to the regional final or further, had one state semi... Along with almost a decade straight of first round wins... Are notable

Talent-wise Nederland is usually second or third in the district, maybe even fourth sometime. In terms of football players though, they usually rank at or near the top which is a credit to Neumann and where he excels. Those runs were great and that's part of the reason he deserves to be in the HOF, but they were 15 or so years ago in the earlier part of his career. 

Those runs highlight what I was talking about when the game was a little different. Most of the offenses were run based and the games were what we would think of as lower scoring for the most part. Those were the kind of games Ned's style was great in. When you have Deshawn Washington and some favorable matchups it can be great again. I just think it's tough to maintain that kind of play against some of today's athletes and offensive coaches. 

It's harder to play that style against athletes. I know the coach is important, but athletes make a coach look good. I saw the nederland crosby game, and crosby was loade . They should be loaded again this year too. Nederland would be lucky to have Washington back, but there has only been one in nederland ever. It's not like super athletes are everywhere in nederland. That being said, when nederland has that kind of talent, Neumann will beat most people. Comparing crosby athletes and nederland athletes is apples to oranges. That being said, I bet the number 1 team in the state gets all they want in the first game

Talent-wise Nederland is usually second or third in the district, maybe even fourth sometime. In terms of football players though, they usually rank at or near the top which is a credit to Neumann and where he excels. Those runs were great and that's part of the reason he deserves to be in the HOF, but they were 15 or so years ago in the earlier part of his career. 

Those runs highlight what I was talking about when the game was a little different. Most of the offenses were run based and the games were what we would think of as lower scoring for the most part. Those were the kind of games Ned's style was great in. When you have Deshawn Washington and some favorable matchups it can be great again. I just think it's tough to maintain that kind of play against some of today's athletes and offensive coaches. 

The unfortunate thing is you must know very little of Nederland history.

The unfortunate thing is you must know very little of Nederland history.

IDK exactly what Nederland's history has to do with my last posts, but ok? Some people in SETX are more loyal to their past than they are to the future and I'm sure you're one of those. That history isn't going to help keep Nederland from taking another L in a few weeks though. Just like your tradition won't help if PNG draws Crosby in the first round, which is what I would call unfortunate. 

I can reach into my bag of stats for the last decade and tell you that right after Dayton, Crosby ranks second in every 5A category in SETX. Wins, playoff wins, district wins and win percentage. That's with a coach who got fired coaching 70% of that time. 

Crosby is trying to make history, we'll let y'all relive it. 

IDK exactly what Nederland's history has to do with my last posts, but ok? Some people in SETX are more loyal to their past than they are to the future and I'm sure you're one of those. That history isn't going to help keep Nederland from taking another L in a few weeks though. Just like your tradition won't help if PNG draws Crosby in the first round, which is what I would call unfortunate. 

I can reach into my bag of stats for the last decade and tell you that right after Dayton, Crosby ranks second in every 5A category in SETX. Wins, playoff wins, district wins and win percentage. That's with a coach who got fired coaching 70% of that time. 

Let me rephrase sorry Nueman history. 

On the real.... Nederland is always in the top 2 in talent... The other being Central. This is, year in year out... Now with the recruting its even better. :Last I looked, they are not starting kids from Lumberton... And last I looked Lumberton is by no means a powerhouse... Neauman adapts better than anybody on our district.. So not to be negative, but SETX is SETX, comparing a suburb of say a larger city than Beaumont is a hard comparison IMO. Statistaclly, PN-G, and Nederland have done very well for themselves over the years, and this is not exactly a place people are wanting to move too..... In our case, its almost all homegrown talent, throw in a Lumberton kid now and again, or possibly a Nederland product.. Or vice versa, Karson Raines, went to PN-G until his 8th grade year.. But still homegrown in my eyes.. I know everyone can throw up a stat that makes your team look better in ones eyes.... But I think if you look at head to head over the years, SETX, especially, PN-G, has competed with per say, a Crosby, very well.. The last few, maybe not so well, but most of the time yes.. CougarCal, can attest for me on this, we bust our butts to get these kids as good as we can before they reach the middle school level.. Rather they are small, slow, or whatever.... Build what you have.. Its worked for say, 6 times, to get us to the dance... So while I understand, our trophys are old, tarnished, and dusty, we have competed at a big level, consistantly... Dayton has as well since say 98... Yes that would be the Dakari Pearson era.... And yes he did beat a 20-4A team, which was PN-G... But we where in the mix... So in conclusion, make your history, because if you dont you will not have much to talk about.. But dont forget about the rest... I do think if PN-G makes it out of the first round we can go a few rounds.. But I also believe that the 1rst round is the biggest test, because, your district is tough right now..... But I have seen our district tough as well.. We put back to back state finalists in 99 and 2000. PN-G, WOS.......... Give us some kind of props........ Now for the rest I have no idea what they have for history, just letting you know mine.......... Plus1 give me a break on grammar, I have had a looooonggg weak.......... Peace. 

I like how they forget that Dayton is 0-4 vs Ned in the playoffs and Crosby has been past the second round  twice in the last 40-50 years.  LOL

This thread was about a future game prediction, but I could see how it is easier to write about the good old days. Technically, Crosby has been past the 2nd round three times but I get your point. 1960, 2009, 2014. Furthermore, who cares about Dayton. What is Nederland's record vs. Crosby in the playoffs?  As far as the upcoming game, it is on grass. Crosby would probably rather not play on grass, but they may not care either. Does Nederland have any d-line coming back? I know people like to embellish on here, but this could be the best o-line Crosby has suited up.

Funny Vidor has been farther in the playoffs in the past 10 years than Crosby has. Oh yea that's the year they took it to the almighty Crosby lol

Hmm, when did Vidor make it to the state semifinals?

This thread was about a future game prediction, but I could see how it is easier to write about the good old days. Technically, Crosby has been past the 2nd round three times but I get your point. 1960, 2009, 2014. Furthermore, who cares about Dayton. What is Nederland's record vs. Crosby in the playoffs?  As far as the upcoming game, it is on grass. Crosby would probably rather not play on grass, but they may not care either. Does Nederland have any d-line coming back? I know people like to embellish on here, but this could be the best o-line Crosby has suited up.

Hmm, when did Vidor make it to the state semifinals?

1964 - Lost to San Marcos on penetrations.  

Hey, played once, and Vidor won. That's a 100%, or a 1000% if you prefer.  That percentage is the Yardmark of consistency!   Besides, we all know Crosby has a powerhouse this year.  Gotta keep'em pumped up.  

Can't believe you nit pickin.  You acting like a Dem LOL