Oct. 17 – Kirbyville at Buna (Predictions)

WildcatBacker leave bullets13 alone Lol, y'all are going to have you hands full Friday night!! Better concentrate on the task at hand. It's Definately gonna be a wake up call!!

Oh I know we're gonna have to be on our A game for 48 mins. I'm giving Buna all the credit and respect in the world cause they've earned it. I give EC the same credit. As for bullets13, I told him I'd ease up so when he stops pouting and comes out and talks to me again, we can go from there. Lol..

But I have to add that Kirbyville will still win Fri night.............convincingly. 

So tell us Imagination. How do you see this shaking out? (besides your Coogs just winning) Kirbyville runs a very fast up tempo offense. As fast as the wistle is blown the ball is moving. Heavy run with a mix of both quick short and long passes. The defense is all about pressure, pressure, pressure. Hard hitting with a lot of speed. No one has been fast enough to run on the outside on the Wildcat Defense and up the middle is going to be tough. With the rush no one has really been able to pass. I've been telling people all year Buna is the team to watch so I'm not a hater by any means. So please since you know them, tell me how you see Buna taking this one.

Well I hate to throw any kinks in that obviously well laid out argument. BUT
1. This forum is all for fun. You have to know Coach Neese has the boys confident but focused. The cockiness of the fans doesn't count for much.
2.Buna is at home? So you don't think y'all could beat us in Kville? The Coogs would love to play and beat us on our home field. It's 15 minutes away for crying out loud and both sides will be packed. Unless y'all have secret pits dug out there it won't mean much.
3.Buna is more disciplined? I'd love to know how you determined that. Other than two taunting penalties (both of which could be found at any game on any field on any Friday night in SETX.) I'm not sure how the Cats aren't a disciplined team.
4. Controling clock is nice but you still have to score and keep the other guy from scoring.
5. If Buna is known and respected for anything it's playing very physical football. Not just this year but Every year! Up the gut, smash mouth 4 yards and a cloud of dust football! LOVE IT! Glad y'all found some speed this year, it makes a difference. If y'all plan on going anywhere in the play offs and start facing super fast spread teams you'll need it.

Best of luck to your Coogs. It will be a great game.

Kville should win by a couple of scores at least. He does have imagination in his name... Which is where his ideas about this matchup are coming. Kirbyville is the clearcut favorite here. But I will say if the cards fall right there's a small chance for Buna to upset. Kirbyville has more margin for error though.

Bullet13 and WildcatBacker in agreement on something, now that's hard to believe!! To bad you're both wrong.

I'm not surprised at all that we agree on something. Me and bullets13 may not have seen anywhere near eye to eye on another topic on another thread, but he does seem to be knowledgeable about football and just as passionate. I respect that. That's what this  page is all about. You hash it out and then move on.....just like on the field. I do agree with him on this too, Kirbyville should take Buna fairly convincingly if both teams are firing on all cylinders. I'll be there, that's for sure.  :)

Just because we don't agree on who should be #1 and #2 doesn't mean that I don't think the (clear cut ;)) #2 team isn't a REALLY, REALLY good team.

Yea, yea.. Lol.. I would say that that's all gonna change when y'all play WO-S but I actually think you'll win that game. So I guess it's HJ #1 and Kirbyville #2 till................whenever.  :rolleyes: (But only on paper..lol)

I'm still in shock by the amount of people that think Buna can't hang with Kirbyville. Idk if y'all think Buna's season up to this point has been a fluke or what, but they are not some mediocre team. Buna is not Kountze or Woodville, and I believe they'll show everybody that Friday night.

Buna has put together a good team this year no doubt. But Kirbyville and HJ are playing at different levels this year for some reason. I think this will be our second toughest game so far (behind the Orangefield game) but I know without a doubt that Kirbyville is the better team in every aspect of the game. You'll see..