Oct. 17 – Kirbyville at Buna (Predictions)

Buna has put together a good team this year no doubt. But Kirbyville and HJ are playing at different levels this year for some reason. I think this will be our second toughest game so far (behind the Orangefield game) but I know without a doubt that Kirbyville is the better team in every aspect of the game. You'll see..

I hope we meet up with Teague considering they have 11 starters on offense and 3 on defense. They return a 2800 yard passer 2100 rusher and a 1300 receiver. They are very good on that side of the ball as they were a year ago. Their Achilles heel is the other side of the ball. # 3 and #4 finisher in our distict will meet up with Teague and malakoff first round. It wouldn't be till week#3 or #4 of playoffs depending on who gets first and second in district 12 on when they would meet. I still think Teague is the second best team in that district behind malakoff

I hope we meet up with Teague considering they have 11 starters on offense and 3 on defense. They return a 2800 yard passer 2100 rusher and a 1300 receiver. They are very good on that side of the ball as they were a year ago. Their Achilles heel is the other side of the ball. # 3 and #4 finisher in our distict will meet up with Teague and malakoff first round. It wouldn't be till week#3 or #4 of playoffs depending on who gets first and second in district 12 on when they would meet. I still think Teague is the second best team in that district behind malakoff

Oh I am completely aware of Teague's offensive talent and defensive lacking. But let me be the first to tell you....the key to Kirbyville's success is the pressure they can bring on the QB. Against Teague it will kill them. Teague can complete a pass anywhere within 60 yards. Kirbyville will not be able to man them up and win the game (like they've done all year). Teague will spread it out and make Kirbyville drop in a cover 2/3 which only allows them to bring limited amounts of pressure, which in turn takes away the key to their defense.

Ok they may spread us out but our strength is our secondary. They still have to stop us on offense. Offense wins games defense wins championships

Your strength is definitely not your secondary lol they were decent. Not bad by any means. But Woodville, with a freshman QB had multiple chances for big completed passes against you. Just couldn't catch the ball lol I'm just saying. And you're completely right. Just wishful thinking on my part. Go take care of Buna Friday! Good luck!

You didn't see the strength of the secondary because woodville had no chance to complete a pass. And the jet sweep they run you would think after we blew that play up the first five or six times they would have stopped running it. We was almost taking the handoff from the Qb on that play

Kirbyville does have speed but not one player not one can catch Mason Lopez hands down fastest kid on the field. We have a stable of backs we have bruisers 2 backs go around 195-200LBS and we have speed guys with Lopez & Elders as well as two or three others that run the ball as well. Now Kirbyville has an up tempo fast paced offense but Buna has speed all over the field on both sides of the ball. Don't think Kirbyville has played anyone like Buna this year going to be one heck of a ball game. This is defiantly one of the toughest districts in Texas hands down but my boys in BLUE aren't going down easy better hang on Wildcats. Its going to be a slugfest in BUNA Friday night!!!!!!

You didn't see the strength of the secondary because woodville had no chance to complete a pass. And the jet sweep they run you would think after we blew that play up the first five or six times they would have stopped running it. We was almost taking the handoff from the Qb on that play

Yeah I have my disagreements about how try played that game offensively going deeper into the game. Don't get me started lol
The only crappy thing I saw later in that game was Kirbyville bringing 7 or 8 every play up 49-0. INCLUDING bringing the corner EVERY okay in the fourth. Like, come on guys, you're up 49-0. Play a base defense and stop trying to pad your stats.

Buna may have speed but they haven't seem speed like Kirbyville has. No matter how much you practice on defending the hurry up offense it's not the same because Kirbyville on the other side of the ball. That's all I'm going to say

Yeah I have my disagreements about how try played that game offensively going deeper into the game. Don't get me started lol
The only crappy thing I saw later in that game was Kirbyville bringing 7 or 8 every play up 49-0. INCLUDING bringing the corner EVERY okay in the fourth. Like, come on guys, you're up 49-0. Play a base defense and stop trying to pad your stats.

Trust me Kirbyville has a good secondary

Oh I am completely aware of Teague's offensive talent and defensive lacking. But let me be the first to tell you....the key to Kirbyville's success is the pressure they can bring on the QB. Against Teague it will kill them. Teague can complete a pass anywhere within 60 yards. Kirbyville will not be able to man them up and win the game (like they've done all year). Teague will spread it out and make Kirbyville drop in a cover 2/3 which only allows them to bring limited amounts of pressure, which in turn takes away the key to their defense.

The way our defense brings pressure, they (Teague) would have their plays disrupted all night long. Anything they've been able to do in games up to now, we would frustrate them on and get them out of their game. Advantage - Kirbyville.

The way our defense brings pressure, they (Teague) would have their plays disrupted all night long. Anything they've been able to do in games up to now, we would frustrate them on and get them out of their game. Advantage - Kirbyville.

Oh yes, let me clarify a little bit. I don't think Teague would beat Kirbyville. Kirbyville is too much in every phase of them game for Teague. It would just be an interesting match-up seeing the best passing attack in the state against Kirbyville's defense.

Now Ty Dennis is a player I must talk about. He is only a sophomore, right?
This kid is already, from what I've seen, BY FAR the most talented running back in the district. I'm not sure how Kirbyville keeps bringing all this talent to the running back position with Fred Ford, Brodrick Jackson, Burman Ervine, and all of those. But, I have had the pleasure of watching all three of those from their sophomore years and on. Listen carefully when I say this....he is better than any one of those three were at his age. I know the stats don't back it up to this point. But from his technique, to his speed, to his aggressiveness as a runner, Ty Dennis is a better running back at this stage in his career than Fred Ford or either of those other two were.
I know I may take a beating for saying he's better than Ford was. But IMO it's the truth.

Oh yes, let me clarify a little bit. I don't think Teague would beat Kirbyville. Kirbyville is too much in every phase of them game for Teague. It would just be an interesting match-up seeing the best passing attack in the state against Kirbyville's defense.

Tbh I don't know much about Teague or any other team away from southeast tx. But I have seen all but one of Kirbyville's game so far and our defense has gotten more.....what's the word......'brutal' I guess? The Woodville game was crazy. I agree that they could have and should have backed off after we got so far ahead but it still showed how aggressive of a style we have throughout the game. If we can keep that tempo up each game from here on then we should do pretty well.

Ty Dennis will not Have a good game Friday...He's gonna be a little TOO UNDERSIZED for Them Coogs...with Elder and Lopez on the outside I don't see much of an impact from him...In order for Kirbyville to win, They must Pass the ball and hope for completions or hope buna has a bad game...Other than that Buna will win Considerably Comfortable...I'm thinking atleast by 14