NED LETS SCRATCH LIVINGSTON AND ASK MEMORIAL TO PLAY

'word on the street' is a phrase... A saying... I figured that everyone would know that its no particular street...

Put it this way... A lot of rumor derives from some sort of truth... Evidently, the old heads know something since they're always shooting down a bond that would directly benifit the kids and the community.

I understand the street thing, understand that was sarcasm from my end, and since I am an old head and already gave you a heads up on the bond we voted down a few years back, what are the others that we're always shooting down, and as far as benefitting our kids, our little town does a great job with what we have to work with.  After all a new building never taught a student. and for the rumur thing and some sort of truth, you really should raise your standards and only settle for the truth, not some sort of.

I understand the street thing, understand that was sarcasm from my end, and since I am an old head and already gave you a heads up on the bond we voted down a few years back, what are the others that we're always shooting down, and as far as benefitting our kids, our little town does a great job with what we have to work with. After all a new building never taught a student. and for the rumur thing and some sort of truth, you really should raise your standards and only settle for the truth, not some sort of.

I'm no stranger to the condition of those facilities in Nederland. It's ok to settle when those kids deserve more... And they don't hey that because of the selfish actions of the adults... See. PN-G passed their bond... PA passed theirs... Evidently, it wasn't a problem for them.

Heck, there is am article that stayed that Nederland's previous 50 year old uniforms were deteriorating prior to getting new ones. Those are some good kids.. AMD deserve the best... Besides some worried about 'other things'.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing this game played. I just wonder what benefit PAM gets out of playing this game. It would do more for Nederland than Memorial.

Here's one angle that may not make any sense. Nederland is mainly known for running the ball.(let's say 60/40) It's no secret that PAM run defense is suspect year after year. So to answer your "what would PAM gain" question, an extra running opponent to prepare themselves for district.

..and I'm told to raise my standards and there's secret spring games going on. Double.standard?

You sound foolish when you bring this up... it never has been nor ever will be a secret that this and every program that doesn't participate in full pads spring training, puts on some sort of non-contact flag/touch football event at the end of their spring workouts? Please tell me you are joking when you continue to bring up this nonsense... cuz that's what it is.

No matter the sport?

So you are saying Kountze playing PAM in basketball is the same as Kountze playing PAM in football?

I have seen Kountze beat much bigger schools in basketball (easier to match up) but they would have zero chance beating those schools in football.

That is my point in regards to apples and oranges.

Just because English has no problem playing Memorial in basketball doesn't necessarily translate to Nederland should play PAM in football.

Besides, basketball has so many more non district games to schedule compared to football. Again, it's apples and oranges.

yes, no matter the sport. Not schools. You know MHS and NHS are similar in size when it comes to actual players and not snap shot numbers. Central, Ozen, compete against MHS in football, basketball and baseball. Those schools are clearly similar in size to NHS. My point about English is he wasn't afraid of the challenge. Why doesn't anyone think NHS would be a good opponent for MHS. NHS is equivalent to Deer Park in 21 6a. What's the big deal.

You sound foolish when you bring this up... it never has been nor ever will be a secret that this and every program that doesn't participate in full pads spring training, puts on some sort of non-contact flag/touch football event at the end of their spring workouts? Please tell me you are joking when you continue to bring up this nonsense... cuz that's what it is.

You call it nonsense. Your opinion. But after I've researched this (after one of your people confirmed it), there was a game that took place. But that was last year. That was then.. I just have to throw that jab in sometimes to keep you on your toes.

You call it nonsense. Your opinion. But after I've researched this (after one of your people confirmed it), there was a game that took place. But that was last year. That was then.. I just have to throw that jab in sometimes to keep you on your toes.

I can assure you there was an end of spring non contact football event this year as well, just as there is every year at every program that doesn't put on pads. It's not a secret??? That's what's so confusing is why you think this is any kind of topic.

I'm no stranger to the condition of those facilities in Nederland. It's ok to settle when those kids deserve more... And they don't hey that because of the selfish actions of the adults... See. PN-G passed their bond... PA passed theirs... Evidently, it wasn't a problem for them.

Heck, there is am article that stayed that Nederland's previous 50 year old uniforms were deteriorating prior to getting new ones. Those are some good kids.. AMD deserve the best... Besides some worried about 'other things'.

You need to check your sources, the uniforms were far younger than 50.  Especially since they changed to the new colors in 92 and have changed the style a couple of times since then.  The first bond was voted down because some people didn't want any stadium stuff on it.  Plus some jack a from out of town keeps spreading crap around every time a bond comes up.

I don't think Lumberton or Ozen will drop.. but I'm pretty sure Memorial will drop.

I think its pretty much inevitable that we drop, been losing enrollment for little while now and unless some big job project comes I dont see it stopping. As for the other two teams, well really just Ozen, I see those guys dropping and Central enrollment going up a tadbit with the loss of students at Ozen.

You need to check your sources, the uniforms were far younger than 50.  Especially since they changed to the new colors in 92 and have changed the style a couple of times since then.  The first bond was voted down because some people didn't want any stadium stuff on it.  Plus some jack a from out of town keeps spreading crap around every time a bond comes up.

when a bond comes up ignore the jackarse and everybody vote on it yay or nay. And I'll be the first to suggest something bout the stadium should be on it: better parking. :)

During the bond, the presentations by our super were a joke. She couldn't/wouldn't answer questions about specifics. BISD was going thru their first round of "issues" with super bond. Money going to different projects. It was all over the news. NISD was asking for blank check and the jack wagon from out of town was scaring the older residents about taxes. It never had a chance in my opinion. I think it would have better chance now. We definitely need upgrades. I'm glad we get a/c in middle school gyms this year!! Off topic but that's my theory on our bond issues.

You need to check your sources, the uniforms were far younger than 50. Especially since they changed to the new colors in 92 and have changed the style a couple of times since then. The first bond was voted down because some people didn't want any stadium stuff on it. Plus some jack a from out of town keeps spreading crap around every time a bond comes up.

I know it wasn't 50 years .. I said that as it's a long LONG time.