WOS @ siLsbee

WOSdrummer99

WOS @ siLsbee  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2020 at 12:25 AM

On 10/3/2020 at 11:58 AM, Tigers94 said:

How good is West Orange's pass offense? Silsbee has a pretty good defense. Their only real weakness shown so far this year is against the pass. That might keep this game from getting out of hand.

Keep it from getting out of hand till the second half anyways. We're not good. Good teams don't turn the ball over 3 - 4 times a game. We've had four games (three and a half if you're being picky) to fix this.

Wouldn't surprise me if this plays out like the Pleasant Groove game.

Final score might be ugly.

Passing game this year Is best since Jack Dallas years . They could be really good if receivers hang on to the ball, pop is throwing really well 

Putting the jokes aside it's basic numbers for now....

Smith has always kept it tight to the vest. But its obvious right now that Silsbee is working thru major personnel changes.  No depth with experience has it's challenges....

Exactly where WOS was two years ago.  It's cyclical and there is no shame In it.

Oline issues, no WR experience or cohesion with QBs equals a slow and mostly ineffective offense.

Dline injuries and crazy young secondary equals big plays after 2 1/2 qtrs.  

It's not a knock on players, only an observation. 

But....come playoffs Silsbee can and might hurt someone's feelings (Besides Carthage).

I can accept that and I will wish the 'Stangs all the success to keep the 409 in the conversation.

Build it deep Smoketown and be ready for the future battles if it doesn't work out this year.

My two cents...

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

I don’t see it

L-train Carthage is damn gud fr fr!! But if those 3 sophomores lineman continue to get better.dont be surprised that they give them all they handle.w.o speed on defense will give them some problems.but Carthage is so deep on that defense it gets overlooked. And that was worries me if w.o plays them.but if pop gets time #6 Jalen Thompson will give them problems.

On 10/3/2020 at 4:56 PM, GUNHO said:

WOS needs to tighten up on their penalties and miscues are Silsbee could keep it close and sneak out a win.Silsbee is the type of team you don't want to keep giving them a chance to beat you.Had HJ not imploded with costly turnovers and miscues they were playing WOS pretty good. 

HJ is improved, but this was no contest. HJ had one big offensive play in the 1st quarter that set up their only TD. Other than that, WO-S dominated. 47 unanswered points. We also left more points on the field because of penalties, dropped passes, and the TO in the 1st Q, but this game was never in question even looking at the 7-7 halftime score.  

4 hours ago, ST413 said:

The onlyquestion in my mind for this one is how long can the Tigers defense keep it close.  If the offense doesnt give WOS any gifts then I wouldn’t be too surprised to see a fairly decent first half.

ST413 those kids will respond. As long as they don't turn the ball over.and don't blow coverage like they did against PG. And what has been the biggest difference in the 2 teams.is the better running team has won the game. The only difference this year is pop has grew up some and he is throwing the ball better. They might wanna cheat a lil bit an give help on which ever side #6 lines up on.he has scored in every game.he can play.lol, and to help out. Any bootleg action the ball is going to either #4or #19. In the flat !!

Edited by dj