Orangefield at Silsbee

Bobcatfan4life

5 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

I think a lot of folks underestimated the Bobcats.  

In reality....the Tigers performance was overestimated by some.

OF probably played the best game they could considering.  After the first half performance of Tigers offense didn't create the lead expected Orangefield switched gears to clock control to keep momentum.

Shades of Liberty/WOS  a few years ago.

Big decisions for the coaches to make.  I say go all in on establishing younger players with speed of game.

Jmo

23 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Have a feeling Silsbee will be going to the shed when they play that other Orange school.  Two year aberration over.  

If they dont figure things out the wont even make it to the shed.  Very disappointing performance on the offensives side.  Defense had a pretty good game but did get pushed around a little in that second half.  

32 minutes ago, ST413 said:

If they dont figure things out the wont even make it to the shed.  Very disappointing performance on the offensives side.  Defense had a pretty good game but did get pushed around a little in that second half.  

I wouldn’t say pushed around ..if not for a personal foul and and offside they don’t score at all ..

Tale of two halves.

Silsbee had 216 total yards in 1st half, OF had 37 total yards. Silsbee had 3 turnovers and 6 penalties on offense. Halftime score should have been 21 or 28-0 for Silsbee.

Silsbee finished with around 260 total yards and OF 160. (Orangefield came into game averaging 350 yards rushing a game)

Silsbee had only two offensive possessions in 2nd half. Orangefield ran 36 plays in 2nd half compared to Silsbee's 11.

Silsbee's defense is keeping them in the games. Silsbee's offense kept Orangefield in the game all night.

QB is still the issue, IMO. Silsbee was 4-13 passing tonight, for 60 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT's. One of those completions was a shovel pass that went 36 yards for the TD.

52 minutes ago, HOTROD309 said:

I wouldn’t say pushed around ..if not for a personal foul and and offside they don’t score at all ..

I said at times and what i was really getting at was mainly the qb sneaks where they just pushed their way for several yards.  They were definitely pushing ourline around on those.

34 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Well, if they are “dropped” passes, then it’s a receiver issue. 

They weren’t only dropped passes. Bad throws, under and over throwing the receiver. But didn’t expect the Sophomore to be Much better at this point. He is young and will improve with each game. The team is young. 

Silsbee needs to get the ball in #26 Baltrip hands more. Hopefully Gilder will be back this week at WR. Baltrip seems to have good speed and can elude tackles pretty well. Id like to see just a 2 back rotation with Arline and Dodd. Let Jones play defense as he csn makes plays there for sure. I expect to see Foster back at QB next week. Why doesn't Silsbee QBs scramble much?