PORT NECHES-GROVES AT SILSBEE BROADCAST/PNG wins 21-20!!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="football04" post="1258051" timestamp="1346525956"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=102288.msg1258013#msg1258013 date=1346522991]
I would like to see Walker get some time next week and see what he can do
[/quote]
I thought Walker was on JV?
[/quote]

After what I heard he did in the jv game I say bring him up

You either trust Fair cloth to do the right thing or you don't. I think he's a good coach, everybody calling for personnel changes on a public forum are working AGAINST the PNG program and that famous tradition.  My opinion knock it off and let the man do HIS job that HE'S accountable for.

i wouldnt say that it wont happen, but it would probably have to happen with a injury to AJ, heaven forbid. The younger kid walker will get his chance sooner or later. It is AJs time right now win or lose i repect Faircloths decesion whether right or wrong, it isnt for me to say. MAybe he keeps it vanilla as for playcalling maybe he doesnt. But one thing is for sure , what we saw last night was as ugly as i have ever seen in a long time. Im just on the outside looking in and what i opinionate on this board doesnt mean squat, but i call it like i see it and i know it is early but i honestly think that we are in for a long year. PS unless you just absolutely dont make away games for nederland  i have an extra ticket if you want to come watch png vs wos, it would be good to hear from someone else on what they see on the field. Ill let you make your own conclussions! lol

I guess I will finally post my thoughts on this game.

It's very simple, Silsbee catches the ball, they win, maybe by 2 TD's. I was really impressed with the halftime adjustments that Silsbee DC Coach Hickman made. Silsbee shut down PNG in 2nd half, limiting them to just 50 yards of offense after giving up 160 in first half. Great job.

Silsbee offensively kind of sputtered in first half but give credit to PNG defense. Indians played pretty sound defense and put an emphasis on containing the outside and not letting the Tiger speed hurt them. In the second half, Silsbee moved the ball much better but like I posted, several key dropped passes basically took this win away from the Tigers, even though they had a shot at winning had they converted the two point conversion. Reed's numbers will look bad, but the 2nd half was not on him. The pass protection was very good in the 2nd half.

As for the officials, I only had a problem with one certain official, the back judge. He was the worst I have ever seen. There should have been at least 4 pass interference calls (3 against PNG, 1 against Silsbee). The sad thing is, he was no more than 10 yards from each play and still couldn't throw the flag on the obvious penalty. Two of those calls would have seriously changed the shape of this game.

I loved how the Tigers showed some heart and determination in not giving up after being down 22-6, particularly after that last PNG score. That was a 14 point swing as Silsbee was inside the PNG 15 but couldn't score and the Indians went down and scored on next possession.

Silsbee will be fine. Just have to execute much better on the passing game.

no arguements here. that was a good summary of the second half, silsbee dropped the ball repeatedly, sad thing is they were wide open. #7 i would say is the best athlete of many that yall have. i think giving yall the ball on the 10 yardline was a fluke accident. Mental accident hopefully that wont happen again. The tigers had excellent field position in the first half and could only muster up 6 points, but in the second half they had long fields and moved the ball very well. i cant say that yall should have won by two, i saw two drops by yall that were touchdowns and one by us that would have been a touchdown. needless to say the backjudge was horrible and both teams made mistakes. i like the play calling going for it on fourth down, gutsy call made us look stupid, if they dont flag yall that might have led to a score too! Bothe teams have a lot of work to do, but even with a loss i believe yall were the better team. good luck to yall

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1258740" timestamp="1346594395"]
no arguements here. that was a good summary of the second half, silsbee dropped the ball repeatedly, sad thing is they were wide open. #7 i would say is the best athlete of many that yall have. i think giving yall the ball on the 10 yardline was a fluke accident. Mental accident hopefully that wont happen again. The tigers had excellent field position in the first half and could only muster up 6 points, but in the second half they had long fields and moved the ball very well. i cant say that yall should have won by two, i saw two drops by yall that were touchdowns and one by us that would have been a touchdown. needless to say the backjudge was horrible and both teams made mistakes. i like the play calling going for it on fourth down, gutsy call made us look stupid, if they dont flag yall that might have led to a score too! Bothe teams have a lot of work to do, but even with a loss i believe yall were the better team. good luck to yall
[/quote]All said I agree totaly PNG has a huge offence and i believe if they were more conditioned to last the second half as they play the first. they will be tough in the district. I think The smaller faster defence wore them down a bit in the second half. The conditioning will come as the season progreses. Good luck in district

Finally getting a chance to read through some of your thoughts on the game and as I'm reading I find some jerk that uses a screen name "pngdad12".  Don't try to impersonate someone else on this forum or any other forum.  You're just trying to start trouble, whoever you are.  I can definitely tell you and all the forum who you're not; you're not anyone remotely close to the sophomore or his family (especially his Dad).  This family came to PNG and has been welcomed with open arms.  So don't come on this website talking smack while intentionally impersonating someone else.  "Come on Man!!!"

[quote name="Baseballswag22" post="1259313" timestamp="1346650636"]
Can you play in the JV game on Thursday and then play Friday on the varsity? Since Walker play's on the JV on Thursday night and is the backup on Friday then I assume you can do both. I thought there was some kind of rule where you couldn't play with both teams.
[/quote]No, you cant play both nights.......

[quote name="outanup" post="1259408" timestamp="1346686669"]
Pretty sure theres a mandatory rest period between games, but I have been wrong before.
[/quote]

There is.  Section 1250-Also known as the football plan-(e)(3) states: 

"Up to and including the final district game, no team or student in any conference shall be permitted to take part in more than one game within five calendar days."

[quote name="indianforever" post="1258074" timestamp="1346527583"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=102288.msg1258051#msg1258051 date=1346525956]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=102288.msg1258013#msg1258013 date=1346522991]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

AJ did a nice job.  PNG is LUCKY to have him.

Unless kid on JV comes up to play Defense, he needs to stay there.

Defense is the weak  link and of course, a consistent running game for PNG. 

I really would be careful with the "talk" about AJ, it sounds a little disrespectful.  I've said it before and I will say it again.  The job is his and no matter how much you complain, it doesn't make the other player better than him.

Well done AJ and PNG....looking forward to MCM....

I broadcast this game. AJ did just fine. He took what the defense gave him in the first half, both running and passing.

Silsbee's defense made the adjustments needed in the 2nd half and stepped up their game.

Still, AJ's team won the game. It is certainly not fair to judge after just one game.

[quote name="Razor" post="1260093" timestamp="1346765734"]
I am certainly not a png fan but this qualifies as a little bit too much kid bashing for my taste...16/32 for 150 is far from a bad stat line...I didn't see the game obviously, but it sounds like he did a solid job
[/quote]

You must also put in there he didn't turn the ball over either. If you went to the game against Silsbee they stayed in the game off PNG turnovers. The QB play from AJ Smith was about as good as it can get on the road and his first varsity start. Let's remember there isn't a special player on the team name Nelson anymore. Nelson was gifted as a WR and stretched defenses for PNG the past couple of years. The kid number 85 is not bad at all but like AJ i will take sometime to get used to the Friday night lights.

[quote name="indianforever" post="1258074" timestamp="1346527583"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=102288.msg1258051#msg1258051 date=1346525956]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I could be wrong but no one gameplans for the JV game. It's the most useless game in sports. The Might mites game have more of a game plan.

Doty's first start at QB
11/24  121 yards  1 TD  2 Int    (21-20 win over BH at home)

Millers first start against good comp (GP was a young team with little talent)
14/22  130 yards    1 TD  1 Int    (29-30 loss to Crosby on the road)

Smith's first start
16/32  162 yards  1 TD  0 Int    (21-20 win over Silsbee on the road)

We all saw improvement each game with the former QB's, I don't expect that AJ will be any different. Rally around the young man and good things should happen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder