PORT NECHES-GROVES AT SILSBEE BROADCAST/PNG wins 21-20!!

[quote name="badndn" post="1260143" timestamp="1346769271"]
Doty's first start at QB
11/24  121 yards  1 TD  2 Int    (21-20 win over BH at home)

Millers first start against good comp (GP was a young team with little talent)
14/22  130 yards    1 TD  1 Int    (29-30 loss to Crosby on the road)

Smith's first start
16/32  162 yards  1 TD  0 Int    (21-20 win over Silsbee on the road)

We all saw improvement each game with the former QB's, I don't expect that AJ will be any different. Rally around the young man and good things should happen.
[/quote]

I've been thinking about Doty's first game since the clock ran out Friday, but I didn't even think to look at Miller's first few games. You're right. +1

Smith has a lot of potential. Like the rest of the team, he played a great first half and showed some struggle after Silsbee made adjustments in the second half. He still led the Indians to a win in their first game in a stadium that makes it harder than most on visiting teams. He's got the talent and Faircloth has a proven ability to develop quarterbacks. Give the kid some breathing room and he'll develop, just like those that came before him.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this team is in a bind in this district...its going to be hard pressed to get in the playoffs and even if they do...it might be the 4th place spot.

Ned
Vidor
Central
Ozen

I think we get eaten alive by all 4...and honestly. i don't think any of them will be that close....I know i know,  its the first week....I will come back and add to it again after I see how they do against WO-S...its going to give you the judgement you need to see how they deal w/ the team speed they will face vs 2 Bmt teams...time will tell for sure.

no turnovers or flags, surely a plus. Since the arrival of faircloth, our offense has been very productive, its the defense which seems to be the weak link at times. Looks to be a great challenge the coach this year. Think this season will be one tough son of a gun this year. Should be one of the most competitive districts in years.

• 3 months later...
[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1260016" timestamp="1346734166"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=102288.msg1258074#msg1258074 date=1346527583]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=102288.msg1258051#msg1258051 date=1346525956]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=102288.msg1258013#msg1258013 date=1346522991]
I would like to see Walker get some time next week and see what he can do
[/quote]
I thought Walker was on JV?
[/quote]

After what I heard he did in the jv game I say bring him up
[/quote]

AJ did a nice job.  PNG is LUCKY to have him.

Unless kid on JV comes up to play Defense, he needs to stay there.

[b][size=18pt]Defense is the weak  link and of course, a consistent running game for PNG[/size].[/b] 

I really would be careful with the "talk" about AJ, it sounds a little disrespectful.  I've said it before and I will say it again.  The job is his and no matter how much you complain, it doesn't make the other player better than him.

Well done AJ and PNG....looking forward to MCM....
[/quote]

You were mostly correct...The PNG offense took a major downturn in 2012. I think that was one of the biggest reasons for the 2-8 season. PNG offenses under Faircloth averaged 29.4, 36.8 and 33.7 the previous 3 years with very good running games that averaged over 6 ypc and rarely fumbled and a passing attack that completed 60 - 65% of it's passes...The 2012 version averaged around 4 yards per carry, Completed about 51% with 14 interceptions and several fumbles.
In 2009 five kids caught double digit passes. In 2010 three did. In 2011 five again. In 2012 only two had double digit catches and only one of those was a WR.

[quote name="badndn" post="1359256" timestamp="1356733306"]
You were mostly correct...The PNG offense took a major downturn in 2012. I think that was one of the biggest reasons for the 2-8 season. PNG offenses under Faircloth averaged 29.4, 36.8 and 33.7 the previous 3 years with very good running games that averaged over 6 ypc and rarely fumbled and a passing attack that completed 60 - 65% of it's passes...The 2012 version averaged around 4 yards per carry, Completed about 51% with 14 interceptions and several fumbles.
In 2009 five kids caught double digit passes. In 2010 three did. In 2011 five again. In 2012 only two had double digit catches and only one of those was a WR.
[/quote]

You know, what I still don't really understand is why Clark wasnt utilized on Offense.  Think he would have been heck of WR.

Was it just that 2 way starter thing with FC?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder