Who will win: Vidor or Nederland?

Your Prediction of the game. Analysis welcomed.  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Your Prediction of the game. Analysis welcomed.

• Nederland
    • Vidor

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how we are still a month and a half away from from the start of Friday Night Football and the Ned fans have them winning the district opener at [u]PIRATE STADIUM[/u] by "as much as they want"  Fellas it is simple, it may be the blowout that you are predicting.  I highly doubt it, but it could happen. 

Ned will be strong and no one is questioning that, but Vidor has plenty coming back from a team that went three rounds deep and was one drive away from beating Ned last year and winning the district championship.  Keep the crazy predictions coming, it will make victory so much sweeter for those Mighty Pirates!

Guest BOBCAT
[quote name="vhs" post="1238771" timestamp="1342994535"]
I love how we are still a month and a half away from from the start of Friday Night Football and the Ned fans have them winning the district opener at [u]PIRATE STADIUM[/u] by "as much as they want"  Fellas it is simple, it may be the blowout that you are predicting.  I highly doubt it, but it could happen. 

Ned will be strong and no one is questioning that, but Vidor has plenty coming back from a team that went three rounds deep and was one drive away from beating Ned last year and winning the district championship.  Keep the crazy predictions coming, it will make victory so much sweeter for those Mighty Pirates!
[/quote]
Don't worry VHS ! Nederland fans are obviously worried about the Vidor game.
If I remember correctly Nederland had to come back to barely beat Vidor last year . Vidors starting TB went out on the second play of the game and Quirante got hurt .

Vidor wins this one @ home !

[quote name="BOBCAT" post="1238803" timestamp="1343005710"]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=101165.msg1238771#msg1238771 date=1342994535]

[/quote]
If I remember correctly Nederland had to come back to barely beat Vidor last year . Vidors starting TB went out on the second play of the game and Quirante got hurt .

[/quote]

Injuries are part of the game. 

[quote name="coachdaddy" post="1238808" timestamp="1343008524"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=101165.msg1238659#msg1238659 date=1342965914]
Ned 42
Vidor 10
[/quote]

you taking bets? with that much over I put my 401k, house and kids on the table????
[/quote]

Just a prediction....to be served as an i told u so later

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1238810" timestamp="1343008749"]
[quote author=coachdaddy link=topic=101165.msg1238808#msg1238808 date=1343008524]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=101165.msg1238659#msg1238659 date=1342965914]
Ned 42
Vidor 10
[/quote]
Well then "I told you," YOU CRAZY!!!"

you taking bets? with that much over I put my 401k, house and kids on the table????
[/quote]

Just a prediction....to be served as an i told u so later
[/quote]

Just a prediction....YOUCRAZY!!!

I will go with Nederland in this one; this is a match-up between what very well could be the two best teams in the district right off the bat; Vidor will have emotion on their side being at home and with their undeniable hatred of Nederland (which I really don't understand by the way); I see this as a very close game with not a lot of offense as some of you predict; I expect these to be 2 VERY good defensive football teams;  I will say the Dogs win 17-10.

I will also say that while I think these are the top 2 teams in the district "on paper", some others will surely have something to say about that;  this district is never a cake walk and I don't suspect it will be this year either; Ozen will be very good, I suspect Central will be improved, PNG will be in the mix, and who really knows about Livingston; they certainly have one heck of a playmaker back for another year and LCM will have a dangerous threat in Ceasar; injuries, as always, will factor into the outcome; to win, someone is going to have to be good and have the breaks go their way as well; at this point, I favor Nederland and Vidor because both will play good defense and that always keeps you in games; both teams have quite a bit of experience back from strong playoff runs last season as well

[quote name="BOBCAT" post="1238803" timestamp="1343005710"]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=101165.msg1238771#msg1238771 date=1342994535]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Vidor fans have made this point several times, but people fail to realize that Nederland had several players out that game as well. It's not like Vidor drove up and down the field either, the Nederland offense basically gave Vidor 7 points. But these are ALL part of a football game. Injuries, turnovers, it happens. Vidor gave Nederland a great game last year, but Nederland won, end of story. This is a thread about predicting who is going to win THIS year. If you think Vidor is going to win 98-0 then you have every right to predict that.

and p.s. I am not really sure why Vidor hates Nederland either. We already have our rival..

Guest KHS 89
I suspect this game will be close.  But, I'm going to have to go with Nederland. 

I think the Dogs have the tougher Pre-district schedule and that will have them ready to face the Pirates on Sept 28.  However, they will need to play hard-nosed football and be prepared to see Vidor attempting to throw the ball.  Something tells me the Pirates will pull out a trick or two to try and catch the Dogs off balance.  Should be an excellent game and if Vidor does come out on the short end of the stick on this game - it would not surprise me to see them go through the rest of the district without losing another game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder